18 years

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jbergeron

It's been 18 years since I've seen you.

18 years since I've felt your touch, heard your laugh and seen your humble smile.

I remember your calm demeanor and the way you carried yourself.

I still hear many people talking about your accomplishments and the things that drove you to spectacular success.

I am constantly reminded of the passionate love you had for our Creator.

It was your love for Him that caused you to be the man you were.

There have been many days I feel like I'm drowning in the shadow of the legacy you left.

Feeling like I could never be the man you were.

There have been failures and struggles but I hold on to the hope that you are proud of the man who continues to try and live his life to the best ability he can.

I know I may never know the reason you were called home so early before so many milestones still to be had.

I remember graduation day and wishing you were there.

Someday there will be a wedding and how I long for my father to be there.

I trust that while I may never know why you were taken, but God ultimately had his reasoning.

Your absence doesn't define me, My Heavenly Father's presence does.

I sit here dumbfounded by the explosion of grief that seemingly has hit from no where.

Logic would say after 18 years the pain would be nonexistent. But I sit here wondering if this pain will ever be completely gone.

This life will continue on not in the shadow of who my father was but in who I am.

H

Humiliatus

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: [SUP]2 [/SUP]a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; [SUP]3 [/SUP]a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; [SUP]4 [/SUP]a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance...

Always found this verse a harbinger of great comfort... the poem is very emotionally moving... thanks for the share... may the Lord ease your pain... God Bless...

Last edited by a moderator: