19 years old and waring against myself.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheRejected

Hi, I am 19 and while I beleive in God I have a really hard time staying a christian. I need some help and I dont know where else to turn to.

A

AmberGardner

Turn to the Bible. If there is any time worth spending on reading a book, it's the Bible.
When you read it is personal, one on one time between yourself and God. You learn His heart, His ways, and how to live this life lovingly. You should read it daily to counter all the negatives the world jams your mind with. It's not enough to just turn your mind away from wicked things, as we should, but we have to then fill that space with what is good, which is the word of God. Reading it, listening to it. If you do not read the Bible for yourself you will not be armed and will be led astray.

Ephesians 6:11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
Matthew 6:22 "Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. 23 But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!
Avoid the bad and fill yourself up with light!

Job 23:12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
Nothing is going to bring you as close to God as reading the Bible for yourself and prayer :)

W

woka

I really get what you are saying, it can be tough and then all the friends have an opinion. The best advice I can give you is to just sit and talk to the Lord. He really does know your heart, after all He made it. He knows how tough it is for you, really He does. He is such a gentleman He would never force himself on you, and will sit there silently waiting for you to start the conversation.

Jesus is such a private and personal saviour, and when we start a friendhsip with someone how do we go about doing that? It always starts with conversation, so start there, and just like with your friends when the friendship depens and you share more stuff, then it creates a desire in you to read His word, as He wants to share things with you to, and this is the way He does it.

You sound like a person who is always real, so just get real with God, no pretence needed, be yourself, as He loves you just by being yourself.

Then maybe you will want to join a youth group just take it one step at a time, I know you will be successful, because our Heavenly Father has never made you this way.

Hope this help

God Bless

C

choosingmylife

Hi, I am 19 and while I beleive in God I have a really hard time staying a christian. I need some help and I dont know where else to turn to.
Just remember that nothing and nobody can ever make you stop "staying a Christian". Surround yourself with good influences, and as hard as it sounds, get away from the bad influences. When I did this it hurt. I had to let go of my whole group of friends. But it really is worth it. I think a lot clearer now and I feel more awake and happy.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
It's hard being 19....the world is very confusing at that age. At least, it was for me.

Our fallen nature is naturally drawn to 'the world' but Jesus says we can't serve two masters...it's either Him or the world.

Find a good bible and study it. The NIV Quest Study Bible is wonderful..it answers many questions. Find a fellowship...either a church or Christian small group. Attend a church....hearing God's Word preached and worshiping as a group is very powerful. Have a quiet time of prayer...being out in nature really helps (as a teenager, being out in God's creation was the very FIRST time I 'heard' His voice).

Get rid of as much sin as possible from your life. Be careful what you see, hear, do, where you go. This is a very good starting point.

Praying for you...wisdom, guidance, and meeting Christians who can guide you :).