2. Seek the Kingdom of God. Matthew 6:33

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Part 2 of "Spiritual growth".

I don't know about you, but I received Christ for entirely selfish reasons. I did not want to go to hell. I knew very little about Christianity. I did know that I was forgiven and I realised that I was not the same person.

Before I was saved, I could not read the Bible. After I was saved, I had a strong desire to study it. One of the things I discovered was that God had a kingdom that was in opposition to the world. I also read that I should seek that Kingdom as my first priority. I also discovered that there was a price to pay. My will and God's will clashed. Often.

So what is the Kingdom of God? According to Luke 4:18 it is deliverance. The captives are set free and the spiritually blind receive their sight. The oppressed are released. The "year of the Lord's favour" refers to the "Jubilee". This was the year of restoration, where slaves were released, lands were restored and debts were forgiven.

The kingdom of God is also the place where demons are driven out (Luke 11:20). It is also a matter of character: "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Romans 14:7) God's Kingdom is also a matter of power (1 Corinthians 4:20)

Finally, the Kingdom of God is where God's will is being done (Matthew 6:10). This is a part of what we call the Lord's Prayer. It says, "On earth as in heaven". According to an expert in Greek I read, "on earth as in heaven" applies to the previous statements. So it could read, "Hallowed be your name, on earth as in heaven. Your kingdom come, on earth as in heaven. Your will be done, on earth as in heaven".

There are no problems in heaven. The earth is the problem. Satan has formed the world system, enslaving the people made in God's image and robbing God of the glory due to His name. Satan is the murderer, thief and destroyer. God seeks those who will serve Him in His kingdom. Much trouble awaits those who seek the Kingdom of God. But also great reward and great joy. We get one life on this earth. Why waste it on things that have no lasting value?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So what is the Kingdom of God? According to Luke 4:18 it is deliverance.
True. It is deliverance from the kingdom of darkness and the bondage of sin. And it moves the believer from merely focusing on the physical and concentrating on the spiritual and the heavenly.

In order to enter and to see the Kingdom of God, one must be born again. But that is simply the start. One must desire to enter into all aspects of the Kingdom of God by actively "seeking" the things which belong to the Kingdom of God, and forsaking and rejecting the things which belong to the world and the kingdom of darkness (where demons belong).

It is doing the will of the Father and of Christ. which includes the serious propagation of the Gospel worldwide, fellowship with the saints, spiritual worship, and all kinds of good works. It is in fact reaching out to other with the love of Christ and trying to meet their needs, whether physical or spiritual. At the same time it means resisting the devil and engaging is spiritual warfare against the works and workers of darkness.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Before I was saved, I could not read the Bible.
Thank you for the entire post. This particular aspect of it is the exact thing that happened to me. Up until the Holy Spirit entered into me I had, on man, many occasions , attempted to read the Word only to not understand a word I was reading, and usually I would just stop almost as soon as I began.
After the reception of the Holy Spirit, I was led to a Bible in a coffee house on my campus, in the storage room of all places. It was opened dvace down.
I began to read, and found myself saying in my head, "Gee, that is right. Yes that is so true, " and I kept on. Looking at the top of the page of this blue covered book, I saw "Isaiah" It was the Oxford Study Bible.
The following day I went to the Student Book Store, and I purchased my own copy. I could not put it down, and I read, reread it for three years following.
Since this time, I read, and it all makes sense, and have been given to put all things, which are very many, aside in my heart that I do not yet understand. I learned to do this from Mary, for it washer custom when she did not understand her Beloved Son, , to hold His words in her heart until she was given to understand.
There is still so much I don understand, but it is in my heart until our Father deems it necessary for me to know before ALL is revealed on His Day. Thank you for blessing so many with your posts..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Before I was saved, I could not read the Bible. After I was saved, I had a strong desire to study it. One of the things I discovered was that God had a kingdom that was in opposition to the world. I also read that I should seek that Kingdom as my first priority.

Matthew 6:31 plus 33
:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So what is the Kingdom of God? According to Luke 4:18 it is deliverance. The captives are set free and the
spiritually blind receive their sight. The oppressed are released. The "year of the Lord's favour" refers to the
"Jubilee". This was the year of restoration, where slaves were released, lands were restored and debts were forgiven.

Luke 4:18-19
:)