2014 New Year ~ What do you hope for ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

What do you hope for in the year 2014 ?
The Word tells us in Ezekiel 36:26 ~

"I will give you a new heart and put a new
spirit in you."

What would you like to see happen in 2014 ?

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
For 2014:
-I want to continue to grow as a Christian and learn as much of the bible as possible
-I pray for good health for all of my family and friends
-I want to learn to speak fluent Spanish

I know there are more things but, I am getting tired and my brain is not cooperating.

Happy New Year to you!

J

J-Kay-2

New Year Blessings.
We want to be aware of others around us. I think it is an issue
of taking my eyes off self and keep them on Jesus and stay sensitive
to the needs of others.

2014 holds a lot of unknown ahead of us. Some could be frightening,
but please be aware we must help one another when we post here.
Christians help one another, not tear them down.

God bless and may we draw near unto Him like never before ~

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
New Year Blessings.
We want to be aware of others around us. I think it is an issue
of taking my eyes off self and keep them on Jesus and stay sensitive
to the needs of others.

2014 holds a lot of unknown ahead of us. Some could be frightening,
but please be aware we must help one another when we post here.
Christians help one another, not tear them down.

God bless and may we draw near unto Him like never before ~
Well said. You make my post sound so selfish. Everything was I, I, I. You are right, we do need to be aware of others around us and be a witness to the lost souls. My pastor talked last Sunday about 2014 and how we all need to draw together as brothers and sisters in Christ. I agree that we need to help each other here instead of tearing each other down. God bless you, beautiful post.

J

J-Kay-2

Well said. You make my post sound so selfish. Everything was I, I, I. You are right, we do need to be aware of others around us and be a witness to the lost souls. My pastor talked last Sunday about 2014 and how we all need to draw together as brothers and sisters in Christ. I agree that we need to help each other here instead of tearing each other down. God bless you, beautiful post.

Oh, Toska, I did not see your post. Usually I am the one who chides myself
for being all "I".... then the small still voice inside reminds me..."it is not about me."
Maybe we are both being spoken to by the Holy Spirit of God ~ We will help each
other up when we fall... That is what friends do ~ New 2014 Blessings ~

J

J-Kay-2

For 2014:
-I want to continue to grow as a Christian and learn as much of the bible as possible
Oh, these are not bad things. I see you wanting for others in
these. God bless you. BTW, you are only one who has responded.
I am sort of getting used to being the lone 'stranger' here. Maybe
there is a reason and I just need to hang in and see what God
wants ~ God bless you ~ J-Kay-2

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
Oh, Toska, I did not see your post. Usually I am the one who chides myself
for being all "I".... then the small still voice inside reminds me..."it is not about me."
Maybe we are both being spoken to by the Holy Spirit of God ~ We will help each
other up when we fall... That is what friends do ~ New 2014 Blessings ~
I did not feel like you were criticizing me at all. You helped me realize that I need to focus on others more than myself. There are so many lost souls out there that I need to witness to. I am just still reveling in my new life, courtesy of our Lord Almighty.

You are right, I feel like He is putting us together to help each other as we fall. I enjoy your posts and the questions that you ask. They really make me think about my life and how I live it.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
For 2014:
Oh, these are not bad things. I see you wanting for others in
these. God bless you. BTW, you are only one who has responded.
I am sort of getting used to being the lone 'stranger' here. Maybe
there is a reason and I just need to hang in and see what God
wants ~ God bless you ~ J-Kay-2

Thank you. I want to learn all of these things so I can better serve the Lord. I don't know why nobody else responded, I thought it was an interesting question and was looking forward to seeing other's responses. Don't feel like the lone stranger around here. I have not made many new friends yet. I started a thread last night (my first) about free Beth Moore books and only one person responded to it. I just try to not let it bother me.

J

J-Kay-2

I did not feel like you were criticizing me at all. You helped me realize that I need to focus on others more than myself. There are so many lost souls out there that I need to witness to. I am just still reveling in my new life, courtesy of our Lord Almighty.
You are right, I feel like He is putting us together to help each other as we fall. I enjoy your posts and the questions that you ask. They really make me think about my life and how I live it.
Toska: I might not have many friends, but you are always right here and a
friend to everyone. I believe you are showing the love of Christ and you are
going to be anointed to speak words as He gives them to you to help others
in the Christian walk ~ You are a blessing, now we pray for a wonderful 2014
in every way you need a blessing ~ J-K

J

J-Kay-2

Thank you. I want to learn all of these things so I can better serve the Lord. I don't know why nobody else responded, I thought it was an interesting question and was looking forward to seeing other's responses. Don't feel like the lone stranger around here. I have not made many new friends yet. I started a thread last night (my first) about free Beth Moore books and only one person responded to it. I just try to not let it bother me.

There are some who do not know who Beth Moore is. I have read some of hers.
One that stands out is... Why Do Christians Do Bad Things .... I think that was
the name. It was written for me. At that time I was going through a rough patch.
In it she speaks of Satan getting us at our weakest point. And it was so true, I
was weeping because I had allowed myself be lured away for a while. I think
I read a couple of others by her, but now I am on computer I don't get into a
lot of teaching books. Wow, life here in CC is a lesson in itself isn't it ? ~*~

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
Toska: I might not have many friends, but you are always right here and a
friend to everyone. I believe you are showing the love of Christ and you are
going to be anointed to speak words as He gives them to you to help others
in the Christian walk ~ You are a blessing, now we pray for a wonderful 2014
in every way you need a blessing ~ J-K

Again, thank you. I do try to show the kindness that the Lord would want me to show. I used to be a not very nice person. Once I became a follower, that has changed so much that people actually question me about the change in my behavior and attitude. I pray that He is preparing me to spread His word. I know that every time I pray about what He would have me do, I feel a great desire to study His word.

Your kind words did make me tear up. You are a truly wonderful woman and I feel blessed to have you as a friend.

J

J-Kay-2

Again, thank you. I do try to show the kindness that the Lord would want me to show. I used to be a not very nice person. Once I became a follower, that has changed so much that people actually question me about the change in my behavior and attitude. I pray that He is preparing me to spread His word. I know that every time I pray about what He would have me do, I feel a great desire to study His word.

Your kind words did make me tear up. You are a truly wonderful woman and I feel blessed to have you as a friend.
I have more years behind me than I have before me. I am learning something
new every day. I am so happy you are hungry for the Word of God. You will
sometimes hit a snag, or a dry spell, and know when it happens, it will only be
temporary. I am so glad your friends see a 'new you.' What a witness for Jesus.
Do not let any negative experience ever take you away from the Great Shepherd,
Jesus Christ. God bless you And thank YOU..... ~