2nd Session; The Lord's Prayer Study

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nancyer

This is from our Scripture Encounter group's Lenten study, Thursday night. Our next session is Tuesday morning. All comments are welcome.

Your Kingdom come...
What does this mean? God is with us. His kingdom is here, now, with and within all of us. People prayed for centuries before Jesus' birth for God's Kingdom to come. A place of untold beauty, peace and love. Even enemies within the animal kingdom will dwell in natural harmony. But are we part of God's Kingdom or are we waiting for God's Kingdom?

Jesus described God's Kingdom as like a mustard seed; so very small but yet it grows into a tree big enough to hold birds' nests. Or like a bit of leaven, or yeast, that when added to a lot of dough, makes it all rise, transforming it's size and quantity. Mark 12:34 "You are not far from the kingdom of God." Luke 17:20, 21 "The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed...For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you."

Thy will be done... The kingdom of God is that place where the will of God is done. Get past our own wants and desires and seek to do God's will. God recognizes the ultimate battlefield here on earth is not politics, or social structure but of the human heart. From the heart proceed the issues of life and death. Change the heart and you can begin a deep and far-reaching revolution. This petition is the first in Jesus' prayer to the Father. Jesus is in effect telling us that we should give our attention to the kingdom and the will of God that it presupposes, before we ask for anything else.

Lastly, Why Prayer? Evil is not simply an accumulation of events and deeds; it is a spirit in our world. (Ephesians 6:12). When we pray "O God, Your kingdom come!" we are thrusting our convictions and commitments into the teeth of hell's claim.

Philosopher George Santayana said that Prayer isn't a substitute for work but a desperate effort to work further and to be efficient beyond the range of one's powers."

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
(excerpt from blog)

• , November 15th, 2013 at 10:32 AM (65 Views)
“OUR FATHER, WHICH ART IN HEAVEN”

Matthew 5:9) Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the childrenof God…..16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your goodworks, and glorify your Father which is in heaven…..34) But I say unto you,Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne…..45) That ye maybe the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun torise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on theunjust,…… 48) Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father which is in heaven isperfect.

“HALLOWED BE THY NAME”

Exodus 20:7) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for theLord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Nehemiah 1:5) And said, I beseech thee, O Lord God of heaven, the great andterrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him andobserve his commandments.

Psalms 68:35) O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God ofIsrael is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God.

Exodus 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shaltthou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Leviticus 20:3) And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him offfrom among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defilemy sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.

Mark 12:29) And Jesus answered him, the first of all the commandments is, Hear,O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Ephesians 4:6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all,and in you all.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I posted This a while ago...