7 Ways to stop being cynical about Church.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Funny, my cynicism about the Church has more to do with all the 'can't we just get along' attitude, and have given up the fight.

Oct 31, 2011
These are discussions about what to do about issues that divide, and we certainly need that on CC.

Scripture tells us that we are to be of one voice, we are to keep the church pure. Yet, we have post after post that says that scripture makes statements to us that it does not make. Some of the interpretations of scripture gets into changing the basic structure of what our Lord tells us. I hope my giving an example doesn't get us off subject, but I'll just hope not. An example is whether Christ changed the structure and precepts of God or if Christ only changed how we used those in our lives. Whether Christ took the place of etc. or Christ eliminated completely. When it is basic like this, what we are to do to present our side of the issue is major.

Being cynical is certainly not the answer, but some of the steps given here requires deciding what to do about this major problem. Some disagreements in our church are of major importance.

We are not helping to solve the problems when we let our personal opinions to show, they must be handled as spiritual problems. It is hard to keep our speaking with only the voice of scripture, with our eyes only focused on God, and this man's discussion brings out that point.

There are still major questions about what is right to do.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Why seek that which cannot be attained? There are too many voices that profess what they do not possess. From the birth of the church until this very day that has not changed. In the din of this world our voice is but a whisper. Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life no man comes unto the Father but by Him

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Oct 31, 2011
Why seek that which cannot be attained? There are too many voices that profess what they do not possess. From the birth of the church until this very day that has not changed. In the din of this world our voice is but a whisper. Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life no man comes unto the Father but by Him
Roger
We KNOW that, it is what we are saying. The church is getting further and further into the time of the last days and further from the true voice. Instead of listening to they are adding to the word, and saying much of the word is deleted. We know that humbly listening is the answer, but it isn't being done. Are we required to say nothing, or speak up when we each, in our imperfect way, see some of this if we stay strictly to scripture without elaboration?

W

weakness

I can feel this self fleshly nature in my self. It seem to me scripture indicates a falling away before the man of sin is revealed, and that a renmant will be saved. Maybe I am reading it wrong. I think this how God said it would be. Many are called but few are chosen. But being cynical is far from handling it right.Scripture says pray for all men. And that those who are children of God have been given a measure of grace to walk in and do Gods work. Cor. says no man knows the things of the God except the Spirit of God, And here is where the real problem lies. We, or some, do not have the Spirit of Christ living and working through and in them. So no matter what is being done or disscussed we will only at best get religious veiws and at worst gross darkness.We must be born again,by his Spirit quickening our lives unto God. An it is so hard to find examples to follow after, but I'm affraid that will only get worse,So we need more and more to learn to here Gods voice and study the scriptures to shew ourselves approved , a workman unto God ,rightly dividing he word of truth. Then there is the scripture that says to come out from among them and touch not an unclean thing. As long as we are rubbing shoulders with lukewarmness and worldly religion we can only exspect it to rub off. You cant play with fire and exspect not to get burned. But most sad is the fact that we want it this way. Just like the cor. who Paul rebuked for not putting away from among them the person who had his fathers wife. They wanted it so. We all ned to just take a week to pray and fast and seek God, it is no joke ,he is real and his words are true, and we will die in our sins forever ,Is that importat to you ? Important enough to put every thing else behind it. Father, mother, lands, wife, job, ect. It is that imporant? That was the call that Jesus made. Is he still calling the same or has that changed too? Seek the lord while he may be found. There might be a day when we wish we had ,even with tears as Esau did ,but found nothing but emptyness and his own lonely voice. God bless us all in the days that are upon us. and pray for one another

Jan 6, 2014
Christ can raise the dead so the church is not without hope.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
(posted this on another Forum........but it fits here as well.......)

Colossians 4:1) Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven. 2 .) Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; 3 .) Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: 4 .) That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. 5 .) Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. 6 .) Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

.........convicted me today........I seriously need to work on this.......and, with God's Grace I will defeat this weakness....sometimes I think I am just "seasoning my speech with salt" when, in reality, it's far more like ROCKSALT.......

Mar 23, 2014
That is more cynical than a pastor who ask for tithing for his pocked, Using a law that Jesus has fulfill in the cross, and manipulating psychologically his poor fellows. making them believe they are stealing from God.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
(posted this on another Forum........but it fits here as well.......)

Colossians 4:1) Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven. 2 .) Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; 3 .) Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: 4 .) That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. 5 .) Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. 6 .) Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

.........convicted me today........I seriously need to work on this.......and, with God's Grace I will defeat this weakness....sometimes I think I am just "seasoning my speech with salt" when, in reality, it's far more like ROCKSALT.......
Rocksalt is fantastic, its MSG you gotta watch out for.