8 Year old Girl die's because mother beleived she had demons.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 14, 2014
Yes, my recognition of the supernatural as reality is clearly comparable to beating a child to death at the behest of a shaman and her pet spirit.

I suppose Niel DeGrasse Tyson is just as awful as Mao Zedong because they both reject a literal reading of Genesis.
I'm not equating you to beating a child. But your continuing the madness by saying demons may be a part of this horrific incident.

Surely the downside of this is apparent.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'm not equating you to beating a child. But your continuing the madness by saying demons may be a part of this horrific incident.
Then I suppose you should have put more thought into how you worded the following:

Plus I can't believe after something like this has happened there is STILL talk among people here of demons being responsible? How is that any more sane than the people who are responsible for that girls death.
I appreciate your walking it back either way. I have no current plans to beat someone to death with a wooden spoon..at least not in the attempt of an exorcism. ;)

There are two extremes when it comes to the supernatural and demons in particular: obsession and ignorance. I'm not saying that complete deniers like you are as bad as people like Polly and Kiki. At least you would recognize their responsibility and punish them accordingly after a fair trial (I gather)(maybe you would summarily execute them, I don't know, I'm not you).

I would argue though that a recognition and understanding of the spiritual realm (in so far as it can be understood) is helpful in situations such as these. Denial of a problem or a component of a problem is hardly helpful if you want a possible solution.

Sep 14, 2014
Then I suppose you should have put more thought into how you worded the following:

I appreciate your walking it back either way. I have no current plans to beat someone to death with a wooden spoon..at least not in the attempt of an exorcism. ;)

There are two extremes when it comes to the supernatural and demons in particular: obsession and ignorance. I'm not saying that complete deniers like you are as bad as people like Polly and Kiki. At least you would recognize their responsibility and punish them accordingly after a fair trial (I gather)(maybe you would summarily execute them, I don't know, I'm not you).

I would argue though that a recognition and understanding of the spiritual realm (in so far as it can be understood) is helpful in situations such as these. Denial of a problem or a component of a problem is hardly helpful if you want a possible solution.
Why does an understanding of the spiritual realm help?

Wouldnt an understanding of delusion help more?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Why does an understanding of the spiritual realm help?

Wouldnt an understanding of delusion help more?
Because it could be an influence. If one wants to solve a problem, one has to understand the factors that made it a problem to begin with.

I happen to believe an understanding of abnormal psychology is just as important if not more so.

Sep 14, 2014
Because it could be an influence. If one wants to solve a problem, one has to understand the factors that made it a problem to begin with.

I happen to believe an understanding of abnormal psychology is just as important if not more so.
How about heavily influenced, ingrained, (possibly from childhood) stories of gods, demons and devils etc.

Would you agree that this probably wouldn't have happened if they didn't believe in the supernatural?

Dec 1, 2014
I am not sure what you mean by 'asking GOD for forgiveness". Do you mean that you actually pray for their forgiveness? THe ones with the demons were the ones who torchured the child. Are you telling us that you and others are to pray for the demonics to be forgiven? Are you serious? How can anyone pray for their forgiveness. Forgiveness is given by CHRIST Himself the instant that anyone, including those murderers, surrender their life to serving to CHRIST. They are then covered under HIS blood for their sins, past present and future. Please make this clear to me about asking forgiveness...from whom to whom?

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
Would you agree that this probably wouldn't have happened if they didn't believe in the supernatural?
I'd say so, but this is way too generic - like saying we could stop all drownings if we prevented people from having contact with water. IMO it was less about the belief "in the supernatural" and more about acting on the belief that the girl was possessed.

Sep 14, 2014
I'd say so, but this is way too generic - like saying we could stop all drownings if we prevented people from having contact with water. IMO it was less about the belief "in the supernatural" and more about acting on the belief that the girl was possessed.
Its not generic at all. If this person didn't believe in the supernatural, then she wouldn't believe that her daughter was possessed by demons and wouldn't have carried out the act.

I'm sorry, but baseless belief in the supernatural was the catalyst for this.

You want a root cause? There it is.

Plus.. The dangers of drowning are very demonstrable. There is nothing demonstrable about the supernatural.

Last edited:

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
I'm sorry, but baseless belief in the supernatural was the catalyst for this. You want a root cause? There it is.
Nah. Plenty of people believe in the supernatural without abusing children. So that's obviously not the root cause. One can believe in the supernatural and not demons; in demons and not exorcism; in exorcism and not through means of physical abuse.

The dangers of drowning are very demonstrable. There is nothing demonstrable about the supernatural.
My point was that you demonize (pun) belief in the supernatural, when more precisely it was a belief that the child was possessed and that the demon could be exorcized through extreme means. Likewise, it would be too broad to suggest the main cause of drowning is having access to water.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
How about heavily influenced, ingrained, (possibly from childhood) stories of gods, demons and devils etc.

Possibly, but maybe they would have found some other moonbat reason for beating the girl to death.

In the rarer event that direct demonic activity afoot, simply choosing to disbelieve wouldn't have helped in the least.

Sep 14, 2014
Possibly, but maybe they would have found some other moonbat reason for beating the girl to death.

In the rarer event that direct demonic activity afoot, simply choosing to disbelieve wouldn't have helped in the least.
She was listening to what other people were telling here. And because of her belief in the supernatural, she believed them. There was no direct demon activity.

Jun 19, 2011
Re:

The mother was mentally ill, had nothing to do with demons

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
What about these cases below? Is it too generic that faith is responsible for their deaths too?
Yes. I'll repeat myself; plenty of people believe in the supernatural without abusing children. And again, more precisely it is the beliefs regarding the specific action which is to blame for motivation. To blame "religion" or "faith" as a whole is absurdly superficial, and I'm confused as to how you don't see this. We will agree to disagree.

T

Tommyrt

Is it possible that the mother was the demon possessed person rather than the child? The enemy seeketh to steal, kill and to destroy. Those are three of the fruits of the Devil.

Sep 14, 2014
Yes. I'll repeat myself; plenty of people believe in the supernatural without abusing children. And again, more precisely it is the beliefs regarding the specific action which is to blame for motivation. To blame "religion" or "faith" as a whole is absurdly superficial, and I'm confused as to how you don't see this. We will agree to disagree.
When you see stuff this like, what goes through your mind. Do you think they are foolishly doing what they think is right? Do they know its wrong but are still compelled by their faith to do it? Are they acting with intent and using faith as a false defence? Or are they just insane?

Obviously I'd go for the last one.. But how do you perceive these people and their acts?

Sep 14, 2014
Is it possible that the mother was the demon possessed person rather than the child? The enemy seeketh to steal, kill and to destroy. Those are three of the fruits of the Devil.
But that would mean the mother herself was innocent and doesn't deserve any punishment of any form because she was posessed.

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
When you see stuff this like, what goes through your mind. Do you think they are foolishly doing what they think is right? Do they know its wrong but are still compelled by their faith to do it? Are they acting with intent and using faith as a false defence? Or are they just insane? Obviously I'd go for the last one.. But how do you perceive these people and their acts?
I can't lump all crimes by people of faith under one category of motivation. There are cases where brainwashed adherence to a harmful doctrine leads to violence, cases where faith is used to justify an emotional reaction, cases of mental sickness with twisted beliefs being the manifestation of insanity. IMO you'd have to look at each event independently in order to determine what was the prime motivation for a person causing harm to himself or others.

In the case of the OP, Chowdhury, vulnerable with excessive "trust and gullibility", was manipulated into believing her daughter was possessed and that the evil spirits could be removed with physical abuse. That is significantly more exact and relevant than simply "belief in the supernatural" or "faith," which speak to the incident only in the broadest sense.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2014
I can't lump all crimes by people of faith under one category of motivation. There are cases where brainwashed adherence to a harmful doctrine leads to violence, cases where faith is used to justify an emotional reaction, cases of mental sickness with twisted beliefs being the manifestation of insanity. IMO you'd have to look at each event independently in order to determine what was the prime motivation for a person causing harm to himself or others.

In the case of the OP, Chowdhury, vulnerable with excessive "trust and gullibility", was manipulated into believing her daughter was possessed and that the evil spirits could be removed with physical abuse. That is significantly more exact and relevant than simply "belief in the supernatural" or "faith," which speak to the incident only in the broadest sense.
Yeah of course its very broad, and I agree manipulation was a huge factor. I still believe that if she didn't believe what she does then she wouldn't have been manipulated.

R

Richie_2uk

Forgiveness is the one thing they certainly do not deserve. The Lunatics deserve everything they get.
Colincat. Did Jesus think that when he died on that cross for our sins? You need to learn that God is a forgiving God. But the repentance and the asking for forgiveness needs to come from the heart. There sins, was heartless yes I agree, But You can go round saying they don't deserve forgiveness. Who are you to say such things? God dont choose which one to forgive and not to forgive. You seemed to be conformed to the world of heartless thoughts. As a Christian in which I pray that you are. you will know we are to forgive those who sins, against us. Otherwise God won't for give. Hence in the Lords prayer, And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us.

What that poor little child went through for 8 years, through the heartless sin her parents gave to her. the one thing for sure we can know that the little child is with the Lord now. As it says in the bible suffer the little children. God knows that children will suffer in this world today, because of all the sin and hatred and cold hearted heartles people who will make them suffer. Thats because Satan is the ruler of this age.

The world is less caring, and the love is growing colder each day. But God still forgives. and will do until he comes back.