-_-

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

le

How can I say I love God but hate my brother?

It's true, as much as I try to abide in the word of God and live a pleasing life to Him, I despise my mother. DESPISE.
This isn't of God and I'm telling you people, I'M gonna lose it. the worse part? I live on her property. Good Lord, help me please.

Suggestions, scripture, something to help me, I swear I'm gonna flipping FLIP OUT.

Regards,
A twentysomething-believer-who's-been-redeemed-and-is-grateful-for-the-cross Texan

U

Ugly

Don't mean to seem insensitive to your request, but a tip that may help you in the future with your posts, is using a real title. Something basically descriptive. Such as 'struggling with hatred' or 'need prayer for relationship with my mom'. Some people may not even bother clicking on your post if you don't give some idea of what the post is about.
Hopefully you'll still get people to check your post as we have some good prayer warriors in here. :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you in Jesus's name that Jesus will fill you with His love for your mother. :)
Something that helps me, I picture the person and myself standing before Jesus on the cross.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Praying as well that your relationship with your mom be fixed/restored and that love would supersede any other feelings. I'm not exactly sure of all the details of why you despise your mother, but something that always helps me to overcome anger/hurt/bitterness/etc towards someone is to focus on all that Jesus and many others in the bible had gone through and how many feelings they might have had to overcome when they were persecuted or treated badly. We have the power to control our emotions and to decide how we'll feel in any situation. Although it may be hard, "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."(Philippians 4:8) God will keep you in perfect peace when you keep your mind on him! (Isaiah 26:3) :)

J

jkalyna

WHEN JESUS WAS ON THE CROSS, HIS WORDS "IT IS FINISHED" HAD JUST BEGAN THE BATTLE FOR OUR SOULS. LOVE SPOKE IN THE SILENCE OF THE DEATH IN THE TOMB. LOVE SPEAKS VERY LOUD, WITHOUT A WORD. SO DOES PAIN, HURT AND REJECTION ANGER SPEAK. THESE ARE THE UNFRUITFULL THINGS THAT WERE PRODUCED, YOU LOVE THE LORD, FORGIVE HER IT WILL BRING DESTRUCTION UNTO THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS, AND AS THE HOLY SPIRIT LEADS YOU, TO FELLOWSHIP/ TALK OR NOT, WILL BE IN YOUR HEART, BUT THE LORD NEEDS THAT DOOR OPEN TO COME SO TO FORGIVE, CLEARS OUT THE DARKNESS, AND THE LIGHT WILL SHINE, AND HE WILL GIVE YOU PEACE. FATHER, THE ENEMY STRIKES AND LODGES IT'S VIPER TEETH INTO US AT TIME, GIVE HER PEACE AND LEAD HER INTO A SAFE PLACE OR REST IN JESUS HOLY NAME. AMEN

Attachments

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I understand where you're coming from. I bent over backwards to do for my family, and they showed no appreciation or respect, actually just the opposite. I finally told them either shape up or I'm shipping out, and ship out I did... and not just from them. Yeah it's too bad "friends" and family won't create a supportive environment for you, but when they went to being past issues I also went from being on the very freakin' edge to doing pretty well.

You're only expected to beat your head against that wall so long. If they ceate a toxic environment, you have to leave and pray for them from afar.

C

Clarbear

can someone pray for me please? or even tell me some good bible verses to read that would help me regain my trust in the lord....

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
can someone pray for me please? or even tell me some good bible verses to read that would help me regain my trust in the lord....
Hugs clarbear,
psalm 23 always brings me rest and trust in Jesus. :)

The Lord is my shepard, I shall not want.
He makes me lay down in green pastures
He leads me beside still waters
He restores my soul
He leads me in paths of rightousness for His name's sake
Though I walk through the vally of the shadow of death
I shall not fear
For your rod and your staff, they comfort me
You prepare a table before me in the presance of my enemies
You anoint my head with oil
my cup overflows
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever!

Scripure also says
God said, "I drew you with my love, I called you with my endearing love."

You are in my prayers in Jesus for all you ask and need clarbear. :)

God bless
pickles

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Is there something specific you would like prayer for? And I always go back to Matthew, Mark, and Luke when I need to get back to Him. That and Revelation.