A bit sad, a bit serious, but just a curious question.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Can you love, be afraid to lose, long for, ext. something or someone you don't even have or know?

Background: Listening to this song (over and over in tears) spurred this on.

He Is We - Kiss It All Better Lyrics - YouTube

Now, while I wouldn't seek vengeance, I can fully feel/visualize the love, pain, and despair of watching/talking with/feeling my love as she died, bleeding in my arms.

I've known love...and loss...but could I love and be afraid to lose a woman I don't have, know, or even have an experience to empathize with?

I've always felt things deeply, and it would be long and complicated to explain everything. I do, however, want to know what you think.

Can you relate? Do you disagree? Is this something else? Would you just dismiss it as romanticism?

Please, by all means, I'd like to hear from you.

Last edited:
B

Bea22

Hmmm... I think so.
I heard people say before that whoever you marry is yours already - you just don't have them yet.
A guy was getting married once and claiming his fiance as HIS... and someone said to him "She's not yours yet."
And he replied "If she ever will be, she always was."
Even before he had her as his fiance, she was his because she was going to be his.

If you can understand time, you know that it's just something God created. It actually is just something in which things happen or take place. But eternity has no beginning or ending, as a loop. The future is the present is the past.
So if you belong with someone, and in the end are theirs, you belonged to that person in the beginning and always did.
You just are in this existence of time, and therefore need to go through the actions til the results are manifested.
I would say that would be why you feel and visualize someone who you don't have yet. Well, if you ever will get married in the 'future', she is yours right now, wherever she is. It just isn't a reality yet.
Good news is, if you desire someone, it must mean the object of desire is out there, you cannot have the one without the other. That, and God has one person for everyone :)

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Thank you for posting!

Though I don't necessarily agree with everything, I definitely hear you. I've had several conversations with those of a similar persuasion.

While there are many things that transcend time, I wouldn't call everything the same. In any case, I think there are many points to everything, and I'm glad to know yours!

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU92vKHHGZg[/video]
Whoever posted that goofed with a typo on the title. I don't think he wants to be broken by a trough...Anyways, your post made me think of a line in the first part of that song. Yup.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Awesome song, nice guy!

While I wouldn't label what I'm feeling as lonliness (because God took that from me, Praise be!), I do find your response quite appropriate.

Thank you.

Others?

J

Jullianna

When we love deeply and lose that person, we can be afraid to love like that again, but time and God have a way of showing us that TRUE love is worth it because, once you've known it, it can be even harder to live without.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Smudge

I don't have kids- FYI

I've had dreams of having children- Note that dreams don't always make perfect sense when we're awake ;3. One of these dreams I had a baby who was an "it" and we had no idea what gender we were going to choose. We decided to name that child Sam because it could go either way. The child had other problems and could not live a "happy" life by the world's definition. Everyone wanted me to have the baby killed like an after birth abortion. I forget because it was so long ago but my "husband" I believe was against keeping the child for a portion of it. I remember being cornered(in my own church of all places) and cradling my child as a crowd of people tried to rip that baby out of my arms. Fighting them back with one arm.

I woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks and was distracted for a long time- missing my baby and trying to come to terms with the fact that it was all in my head and wasn't ever real. For a while I felt so strongly that I had wanted to name my first child(if I ever have children) after this dream baby. But time passes and you forget.

I don't really think that it means that I'll have a special needs child one day... but I do know that I have an active imagination and as a woman God has given me a drive to be protective around children, especially my own. I don't know what causes people to dream about things they weren't really thinking about. I think dreaming is what God gave us to do during the several hours we must be still to regain our energy. Sometimes he uses that time to tell us something. Maybe I was subconsciously imagining what it would be like to be manipulated into an abortion like so many women are.

Maybe you are feeling so ready to love and you don't have someone in particular to give that love. You're thinking about the relationship that you could have.

I believe that God can do anything, if he's showing you a glimpse of the feelings that you will feel for your wife then there is a reason- but I would also consider that your mind is a powerful tool. It could be just your imagination feeding off of the drive to love and support a woman that God gave you.

Besides that which is only a theory- I have no idea. :)