A Blessed Sabbath!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Ezekiel 20:12 "Also I gave them My sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them."

Thank you, Abba, for choosing us to be your children. Thank You for this past week and bringing us through it, and we praise You for the rest you give us, both in this life, and on this day. Thank you God, for the sanctification you've blessed us with. May we walk in humble thanks for the work that you've done in us.

Have a Blessed Sabbath everyone!
Matt

D

danschance

You know this might be called spamming. If you start a new thread each week on the same topic, every week... Yep, I would call that spamming.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
It's my intent to offer a weekly blessing to others, but if the moderators think it's spamming, I can stop.

K

Kerry

Wait I pushed like, but you are jayhawk fan, can I have my like back.

K

Kerry

I just wish them jayhawks would come to a real team. I'm talking SEC baby. Go Dawgs.

G

GBrowning

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
7 Again, he limits a certain day, saying in David, Today, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Jeremiah 31:33, Hebrews 8:10, Hebrews 10:16 NEW COVENANT """I will put the LAW into their MINDS and HEARTS and I will be their GOD and they my people"""

Ezekiel 20:12 "Also I gave them My sabbaths to be a sign between Me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them."

Thank you, Abba, for choosing us to be your children. Thank You for this past week and bringing us through it, and we praise You for the rest you give us, both in this life, and on this day. Thank you God, for the sanctification you've blessed us with. May we walk in humble thanks for the work that you've done in us.

Have a Blessed Sabbath everyone!
Matt

T

tdrew777

I don't feel spammed. Yet

G

GBrowning

Galatians 2:21 is talking about; if you could keep the law from birth to death WITHOUT committing ONE sin, then there is no need for Jesus, but since we sin from birth DAILY this is impossible, thus the need for Jesus.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is NONE righteous, no, not one: (so the law can NOT SAVE YOU)

You post this verse as though Christ did away with the law, but you forget the NEW TESTAMENT or NEW COVENANT is the HOLY SPIRIT which is sinless and by the spirit """I will PUT the LAW into their MINDS & HEARTS.

Did you read the previous versus prior to Galatians 2:21 like verses 17 and 18 basically say if you seek to be saved by Jesus and use it to keep on sinning than you are using Jesus as a aid or abettor to sin, god forbid. If you keep on sinning willfully and build sin as you did before than you truly are a sinner or transgressor, and the wages of sin is death.

[h=3]From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God
Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.[/h]
Read the whole book of I John.

Sep 4, 2012
So this thread has turned from being a blessing towards those who choose to regard Saturday as the sabbath to being a soapbox to try to make it look like the letter of that commandment is binding on all believers? Figures...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Shabbat Shalom and thank you for the blessing always............

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
You know this might be called spamming. If you start a new thread each week on the same topic, every week... Yep, I would call that spamming.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I checked with an Admin about these Sabbath threads, and they said this isn't considered spamming because I'm not linking to a site or blog.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
So this thread has turned from being a blessing towards those who choose to regard Saturday as the sabbath to being a soapbox to try to make it look like the letter of that commandment is binding on all believers? Figures...
I can enjoy this comment........ :)

Last week I told the guys to have a blessed Sabbath, and was chastised for doing so, because, well, not sure......now that I think of it.

Every Sunday (at least I try every Sunday) I post a comment/thread in Miscellaneous Forum wishing everyone a great Day. Up to now I haven't been criticized for that......but, who knows?

:)

Anyway, to all my brothers and sisters in Christ who celebrate today as their day of worshiping God......

May God bless and keep you and yours this day.............

(and for the critical amidst us ................. sSc_scared3[1].gif ........hey, them daggers is sharp)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Public disclaimer.

Be it known when I wish any one Shabbat Shalom, I am wishing all who love the Lord in spirit and truth. They may consider whatever day they please as their Sabbath, as long as they have a clear conscience in the sight of our Father. So, once more, have a blessed Sabbath all.

Shabbat Shalom and thank you for the blessing always............

C

chubbena

It has been a hectic week at work. If not for His commandment I'd be working through this weekend. So thanks for "forcing" me to rest today. I'll leave the worries till tonight.

O

overcomer2

I actually thought about this thread this morning and hoped I would see it. I'm not sure the mods would be so easily offended by giving a blessing for the Sabbath. He is the Lord of the Sabbath.

Love is patient and Kind, Long suffering.

Sep 4, 2012
Public disclaimer.

Be it known when I wish any one Shabbat Shalom, I am wishing all who love the Lord in spirit and truth. They may consider whatever day they please as their Sabbath, as long as they have a clear conscience in the sight of our Father. So, once more, have a blessed Sabbath all.
Beautifully said.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Public disclaimer.

Amen and Amen!

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Shabbat Shalom

[video=youtube;i9kmJyvE-H8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9kmJyvE-H8[/video]