a box to check if you have prayed for a prayer request

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

maye

i was thinking it may be good to have a box or something to check if you have prayed for a prayer request on the prayer request thread. now you can either view or respond. i know when i have posted a prayer request and no one responded i felt hurt - yet several had viewed so they could have prayed and i just did not know. also when i pray i always want the person to know that i did so i respond which can get time consuming. so think about a box on the prayer thread for us to check if we prayed. thanks and God Bless!!!!

N

nanabean

What a GREAT idea Maye!! Are we voting for this?? haha I just want to say I really think this would be a good thing to add.....because I know that while I for one do read the prayer requests and do pray for those in need,...I don't often reply. As you say, it takes time to answer each post, and I'd rather be praying!!!

C

concernedguy

i was thinking it may be good to have a box or something to check if you have prayed for a prayer request on the prayer request thread. now you can either view or respond. i know when i have posted a prayer request and no one responded i felt hurt - yet several had viewed so they could have prayed and i just did not know. also when i pray i always want the person to know that i did so i respond which can get time consuming. so think about a box on the prayer thread for us to check if we prayed. thanks and God Bless!!!!

It can be a bit disheartening when you ask for prayer and no one responds. There are those that pray
with the understanding that God hears even though they did not post that they prayed for you. I guess
many not in need at this time don't understand how knowing others are praying for you helps lift your
spirits. I always try to post after I pray for someone.

The praying helps but as humans we like the visible proof at times of great need.

windspirit

Aug 19, 2009
That's an great idea Maye!
I wonder how Robo could format just the prayer requests threads, to just show a 'I will be praying!' check box?

N

NoTearsShed

That is a good idea =)

W

wwjd_kilden

shouldn't be that difficult to make.... great idea