A Couple’s Ten Commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chu_huifen

Last night my mom told me about commandements to build a courtship/marriage based on God, its so interesting when I see my mom's figure and how is she practice everyday

A couple's ten commandements:

1. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind; and you shall love your fiance/spouse as yourself.

2. You shall not make your spouse/fiance into an idol, but you shall love, honor, respect and submit to her/him as unto the Lord.

3. You shall not take your fiance/spouse's name in vain through gossip, slander, criticism, complaint or mockery; but you shall bless him/her both privately and publicly.

4. You shall work heartily as directed by the Lord and your husband, not by your own ideas of what should be done. You shall not be so busy working that you neglect to get alone with God every day. During this quiet time, you shall pray diligently for your fiance/spouse. Be willing to put aside work in order to "play" when your fiance/spouse asks you.

5. You shall honor your mother and father and your spiritual leader who are alert to the condition of your lives and work under the strict supervision of God. Contribute to the joy of their leadership, not its drudgery, but you shall not elevate their position or opinions above your fiance/spouse's.

6. You shall not resent or revile or hate your fiance/spouse, but you shall grant him/her grace, forgiveness and mercy and haseed love.

7. You shall not commit adultery, nor shall you think lustfully toward another man/woman; but you shall thank God for your fiance/spouse and be pleased with him/her.

8. You shall not steal from your spouse/fiance. You shall not steal his/her courtship/marriage by threatening divorce/break up. Nor steal his/her by leaving his/her alone all the time. Nor steal his/her time by placing unnecessary demands on him/her. Nor steal his/her joy by complaining. Nor steal his/her peace by endless nagging. For woman Nor steal glances from other men by wearing provocative clothes and causing them to stumble. This defrauds your man of an honorable woman, the other man of pure thoughts, and the other man's wife of her husband's faithfulness

9. You shall not lie to your fiance/spouse, but you shall speak the truth in love. You shall practice a quiet and gentle spirit.

10. You shall not covet another woman/man, friends, house, looks, wardrobe, possessions, talents and gifts, ministry, or any other thing that is him/hers; but you shall be content with all God has given to you.

God bless :)

M

Moe

It seems to me that God's word isn't good enough for you. Let's obey God rather than man. God's holy word covers everything that you want and need in a marriage just listen what He has to say about it...Cheers

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
No no no no, Chu.

You got them all wrong!
Here are the REAL couples' 10 Commandaments:

1) I am right, you are wrong.
2) No, I am right, you are wrong.
3) I am right most of the time.
4) No, I am usually right about everything.
5) I am right, you are wrong.
6) No, I am right, you are wrong.
7) I am right most of the time.
8) No, I am usually right about everything.
9) Let's both agree that we are both right every time.
10) I agree. But you're still wrong.

:D

C

chu_huifen

LOL

i wish i don't do this when i'm in relationship in the future, hahahaha..
It's really horrible when practice 10 real commandment like you said

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
LOL

i wish i don't do this when i'm in relationship in the future, hahahaha..
It's really horrible when practice 10 real commandment like you said
Hehehe, all in good fun Chu, of course they are "horrible", but still funny! :D

C

chu_huifen

funny? woww i guess maybe it other side LOL