A hard year

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2023
This post is gonna be a long one.
To say the least, this year has been one for the books. It started May 1, My Dad had a major surgery on his neck. He spent 3 days in Neuro Trauma ICU and then sent home. 2 days later we had to call an ambulance because he was unable to get up and we couldn't help him. His pain was unbearable. They admitted him into the hospital in the small town we live in and the care here is subpar. The first night we all went home only to come back the next morning to find him crumpled in the bed, and his tray had been pushed away from him so he couldnt reach his food, and he couldnt lift his arms even if he could reach his food. So we decided one of us would stay with him around the clock. After 7 days, we finally got a good Dr in who gave him the right meds and he was able to come home. I cared for him around the clock while working from home. Then my mom was diagnosed with skin cancer and had 2 surgeries in June to remove the cancer, and again I cared for her around the clock for that 1st week while the pain was the worst. Then, in July, she had to have surgery on her foot, which again, I cared for her around the clock, I wanted to make sure my parents were both taken care of correctly and getting the right meds at the right time. Then August came, My Dr found a tumor in my foot. Right after that, I suffered an 18-day long migraine due to a medication my Dr put me on. Then my handicapped sister, who I help, twisted her ankle and tore ligaments in her ankle and foot, and my aunt was beaten up by her daughter who partakes in illicit drugs, and spent 4 days in our hospital, so I spent a lot of time there. In Spetember, my Dad was diagnosed with skin cancer, and I had surgery to remove the tumor in my foot. Then this week the Dr told us that if my Dad doesn't get off pain meds and start moving around soon, he will die. He is suffering from pain that the surgeon said could happen as a result from the surgery. The next day, my fiance's blood sugar soared to over 500 and I had to take him to the ER. And then this evening, I had to take him to the ER again. My Dad has another surgery on October 26 to remove the cancer they found.
Yesterday I completely broke down. I know God has a purpose and a plan for me, and I know He works all things together for good for those that love Him and are called according to His plan. I know God has this all figured out, and that the enemy is trying his hardest to get me to let loose of my faith. However, God is the ONLY reason I have made it through this year in 1 piece. He is the reason I am able to get out of bed each day, He is the one who sustains me when I have to get up every 4 hours to give meds and still make it to work. Prayers from my family and friends have gotten me through what has been the hardest year of my life. I will Praise God in this Storm, not focus on my circumstances, but on His promises! God id Good!

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
You have certainly been through the storms, one after another. You have also written a beautiful testimony to God's faithfulness, but also a testimony to your own faith. This is heart warming and encouraging for us.

God wants us to bring our pain and sorrows to Him. Life can be incredibly difficult. Jesus cried too, he was here and understands. Sometimes that's all we have.

seekingthemindofChrist

Casting down imaginations
Jul 10, 2023
To say the least, this year has been one for the books. It started May 1, My Dad had a major surgery on his neck. He spent 3 days in Neuro Trauma ICU and then sent home. 2 days later we had to call an ambulance because he was unable to get up and we couldn't help him. His pain was unbearable. They admitted him into the hospital in the small town we live in and the care here is subpar. The first night we all went home only to come back the next morning to find him crumpled in the bed, and his tray had been pushed away from him so he couldnt reach his food, and he couldnt lift his arms even if he could reach his food. So we decided one of us would stay with him around the clock. After 7 days, we finally got a good Dr in who gave him the right meds and he was able to come home. I cared for him around the clock while working from home. Then my mom was diagnosed with skin cancer and had 2 surgeries in June to remove the cancer, and again I cared for her around the clock for that 1st week while the pain was the worst. Then, in July, she had to have surgery on her foot, which again, I cared for her around the clock, I wanted to make sure my parents were both taken care of correctly and getting the right meds at the right time. Then August came, My Dr found a tumor in my foot. Right after that, I suffered an 18-day long migraine due to a medication my Dr put me on. Then my handicapped sister, who I help, twisted her ankle and tore ligaments in her ankle and foot, and my aunt was beaten up by her daughter who partakes in illicit drugs, and spent 4 days in our hospital, so I spent a lot of time there. In Spetember, my Dad was diagnosed with skin cancer, and I had surgery to remove the tumor in my foot. Then this week the Dr told us that if my Dad doesn't get off pain meds and start moving around soon, he will die. He is suffering from pain that the surgeon said could happen as a result from the surgery. The next day, my fiance's blood sugar soared to over 500 and I had to take him to the ER. And then this evening, I had to take him to the ER again. My Dad has another surgery on October 26 to remove the cancer they found.
Yesterday I completely broke down. I know God has a purpose and a plan for me, and I know He works all things together for good for those that love Him and are called according to His plan. I know God has this all figured out, and that the enemy is trying his hardest to get me to let loose of my faith. However, God is the ONLY reason I have made it through this year in 1 piece. He is the reason I am able to get out of bed each day, He is the one who sustains me when I have to get up every 4 hours to give meds and still make it to work. Prayers from my family and friends have gotten me through what has been the hardest year of my life. I will Praise God in this Storm, not focus on my circumstances, but on His promises! God id Good!
I am sorry that you have had to go through all of this, but, then again, I am not.

In other words, like you, my life has been anything but easy, and that has turned out to be a good thing in that it has caused me to rely totally on God...even as you have been doing.

Now, when life's troubles come my way (and they often do), I am pretty much like "Whatever!"

In other words, I have a quiet confidence that the God who got me through all of my previous trials will get me through the next one as well.

God bless you, and thank you for sharing.

Romans 5:1-5

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

Mar 25, 2020
I know how that feels. Please keep your faith in Jesus in this hard time.

I am the God that heals you - Exodus 15:26.

God will allow hard times in the lives of His children. But He is always there for us.

I lost my Grand father one month and then my father passed the month after. Just like that, both the men in our family were gone.

I was still in college at the time. We did go through that hard time and it was the hardest time of my life.

There have been some very lonely and hard years that I've had to go through throughout my life. And God was always there whether I acknowledged Him or not.

And I learned the hard way that Our God is always there for us and we must thank him in all circumstances.

You are calling on Jesus so He does hear your prayers. He knows you're being tested.

This too shall pass. Praying for you. God here is your child and her family which is suffering because of sickness. Please heal this family and look after your children in Jesus name. If it is your will do heal the father of this household and all the people in this family. Give your daughter strength to carry her cross and follow you at this difficult time and Lord Jesus, please see her through this difficult time, in Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Take care of yourself. God bless you and family

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
will pray for all.