A Letter To Single Christians (part 2)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stephanie

A Letter To Single Christians (part 2)

When we think about redeeming the time it’s important again not to compare singleness to being married. Do not ask yourself “What won’t I be able to do when I’m married?” and then do that. Remember, it’s not about your status as single as it is your season in life.

For example, just because it would be more difficult to go on a missions trip when you’re married with kids doesn’t mean you should go on one now. Even if you want to go do missions some day doesn’t mean today is that day just because your single and it wouldn’t be too difficult to just pick up and leave. God is not concerned with things being easy or hard to do, nor is He inclined to work around what makes the most practical sense. Finding the will of God for the season that we’re in has less to do with the season itself and more to do with purely what God has for us
Revelation 3:8 I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it.

God opens doors for you in every season of your life; look for those doors and walk through them. Don’t look at your marriage status, don’t look at the circumstances, but Hebrews 12 tells us to look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. This applies to all seasons in life whether you’re a teen or you’re retired it’s not about where you’re at in life, it’s about where you’re at with God.

Redeem the time! Culture is robbing us of our time! Culture says you should be married by now, your biological clock is ticking, if you don’t do something about this it will be too late. Let me say again, we are not on cultures clock or our biological clock, we’re operating in God’s timing.

So how do we as single people redeem the time? The first step is to not look at your situation but look to God. Secondly, find those open doors, opportunities, gifts, anointings, etc; then thirdly, walk through them. I’m not saying you shouldn’t go on a missions trip, I’m just saying you should make sure it’s a God thing and not just because you can.

Jan 22, 2011
Amen to that My Sister. If you're single don't worry about it. Instead take that time to help others and if you're not single. Take that time to find a way to please your partner. NEVER FORGET ABOUT OTHERS JUST BECAUSE YOU FIND A PARTNER.
What I just said can be find in a bible verse. I'm just too lazy to quote it. hahahaha.
STAY COOL.

7seven7

Well said. Very true!

K

kayem77

I like your words :) I have to admit sometimes I look at my circumstances to define if I should or shouldn't do something, instead of looking to God. Very refreshing, thanks for sharing!