A Lie

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

The answer seems to be probably to ignore it, move on, and focus on me.

But I’d like to get this checked out with y’all.

I hope that’s okay.

An acquaintance of mine told a lie to a teacher that his bus came late to school, but it really didn’t.

Basically he was tardy I think, and if he had gotten one more tardy then he would’ve gotten something called ISS (In

School Suspension) and his mom would kill him for that and/or for getting in trouble (or at least that’s the general gist).

Any thoughts on what I ought to do?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

I hope that’s okay.

An acquaintance of mine told a lie to a teacher that his bus came late to school, but it really didn’t.

Basically he was tardy I think, and if he had gotten one more tardy then he would’ve gotten something called ISS (In

School Suspension) and his mom would kill him for that and/or for getting in trouble (or at least that’s the general gist).

People let me fail so that I will learn from the consequences.

What do you think about that?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I hope that’s okay.

You should probably speak to your mom, and explain you need her to drop you off on time, not 5 minutes late, else you could fail. Thank your friend for not snitching on you this time, but really, it's not hard to wake up on time and catch the early bus.

Perhaps you could do some of your friend's homework to thank him?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hi everyone,

I hope that’s okay.

Mind your own business and please stop looking for sin in every nook and cranny of life.

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
You should probably speak to your mom, and explain you need her to drop you off on time, not 5 minutes late, else you could fail. Thank your friend for not snitching on you this time, but really, it's not hard to wake up on time and catch the early bus.

Perhaps you could do some of your friend's homework to thank him?
Hi Moses,
Thank you for responding.
I think maybe you read my post wrong 😆
It was my acquaintance who was late, not me, u silly goose haha

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
Mind your own business and please stop looking for sin in every nook and cranny of life.
Hmm, do you mean that I shouldn’t be looking into other people’s lives like someone who wants to know everything?

I think if ur referring to like eavesdropping and poking my nose around everywhere I totally get what ur talking about I think.

But I mean, if I happen to overhear someone having done something and then talk to them about it in a normal conversation, and I’m in a position where I’m not sure what I should do or shouldn’t do, would the right thing to do be to just not care about it?

Would asking God for wisdom be the right choice? How about asking a mature Christian for advice? Or both?

May 8, 2021
Some verses on your recurring issues

Lying
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish ~Proverbs 19:9
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight. ~Prov 12:22
Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him ~ 1 John 2:4

Meddling
Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears. ~ Proverbs 26:17

But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. ~ 1Pet 4:15

And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you ~1Thes 4:11

For further understanding⬇️
Read and study the Bible
Pray to God for wisdom
http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/proverbs/busybody.html

Blessings ♥️
~Bell

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
Thinking back on this, I think what you were saying is not poke my nose around everywhere looking for sin.

In this situation I kinda overheard him (we were together in a group of like four) and I talked to him a bit for clarification and then I was curious if I should report the truth.

If there’s false data in attendance records and I fail to do something about it to get it fixed, would there be any fault on me?

I assume based on response(s) I have received regarding this, it’d be no.

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
Some verses on your recurring issues

Lying
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish ~Proverbs 19:9
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight. ~Prov 12:22
Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him ~ 1 John 2:4

Meddling
Whoever meddles in a quarrel not his own is like one who takes a passing dog by the ears. ~ Proverbs 26:17

But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. ~ 1Pet 4:15

And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you ~1Thes 4:11

For further understanding⬇️
Read and study the Bible
Pray to God for wisdom
http://www.1timothy4-13.com/files/proverbs/busybody.html

Blessings ♥️
~Bell
thank you for replying bell

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
People let me fail so that I will learn from the consequences.

What do you think about that?
In my experience, things I’ve learned the hard way have typically been more solidified as lessons as opposed to things I have learned the easy way, I think.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
If there’s false data in attendance records and I fail to do something about it to get it fixed, would there be any fault on me?
The bible tells us, that if it is at all possible, as much as it depends on you . . . to live at peace with everyone around you. Therefore, you have to ask yourself, are you going to fight every little, itty bitty battle in life? If yes, then you will never have any peace.

Just food for thought . . .

Twistii

Apr 9, 2021
The bible tells us, that if it is at all possible, as much as it depends on you . . . to live at peace with everyone around you. Therefore, you have to ask yourself, are you going to fight every little, itty bitty battle in life? If yes, then you will never have any peace.

Just food for thought . . .
Thanks for the food hehe 🍳

Nov 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I hope that’s okay.

He did lie as well as not come forth and accepting what would have happened if he told the truth of he did get issues then it is a just punishment better to let it be they should learn there lesson so they can make better decisions in the near future