A look at Zechariah 2:10-4:7 and Luke 15:1-16:31

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenAvraham

Aug 30, 2015
ZECH 2:10-4:7

The prophet Zekaryah speaks saying: “And many goyim shall be joined to YHVH in that day, and they shall become MY PEOPLE” (vs 11) But wait a minute, isn’t Israel the people of YHVH? Yes, they will NEVER cease to be, but also, the Gentiles will be “joined with” the YisraEL im, and together, AM ECHAD! (One People).

There was a High Priest named Yehoshua, and Nav Zekaryah (Zechariah the Prophet) describes him as wearing filthy garments, YET, his garments are changed to costly robes, and his GUILT has been removed. Is there a connection between the name “Yehoshua” and “Yeshua”? Yes, they are one and the SAME. Yeshua has removed our GUILT of sin, through his sacrifice on Calvary’s cross.

The stone with seven eyes, what could that be or symbolize? We could say that the Stone is YESHUA the solid ROCK, who is perfect, (illustrated by the number 7) and through His sacrifice of death on the cross, the sin and guilt of the land were removed on that same day! The land can also symbolize the people of that land. What could the 7 eyes mean? One idea is that the vision of God is all over. There is nothing he can not see, even inside our minds and soul. He has the perfect vision, and his "eyes" span the globe 24-7.

LUKE 15:1-16:31

Yeshua teaches the Prushim (Pharisees) an important lesson. They were criticizing him for receiving tax collectors, and other “sinners” probably the ones rejected by the religious leaders and listened to Yeshua.

Many came to accept His forgiveness and love. Yes, there is great joy in Heaven when one lost soul comes to accept Yeshua as Messiah and LORD. We ALL need to continue to listen to HIM. It does not stop at accepting Yeshua as LORD, it is only the beginning. We need to grow in faith and continue to “listen” to Him through His Word and through the Holy Spirit. When we mature in faith, we also gain spiritual gifts.

What do we do with them? Do we use them to the glory of God? Or do we ignore them, and let them waste away? What do we do with the possessions that YHVH gives us? Do we use them wisely? Do we use money wisely? Is it really ours? Or is it HIS? Yes, the passage says; “you can not serve two masters” We can only serve one, yet many serve the “money master” We can have it all on this earth, and have very little or nothing in heaven, or…have a little bit on this earth, and have riches in heaven. We need to look at the BIG picture.

Shalom

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“The stone with seven eyes, what could that be or symbolize? We could say that the Stone is YESHUA the solid ROCK, who is perfect, (illustrated by the number 7) and through His sacrifice of death on the cross, the sin and guilt of the land were removed on that same day! The land can also symbolize the people of that land. What could the 7 eyes mean? “

“Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: (?figures )

for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH. For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day. In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.”
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭3:8-10‬ ‭

“And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

…and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD: even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

And the crowns shall be to Helem, and to Tobijah, and to Jedaiah, and to Hen the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of the LORD.

And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God.”
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭6:9, 12-15‬ ‭

“Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭23:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

and the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

and shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: but with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭11:1-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4:14‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭

“who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:2-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:5‬ ‭

“I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And again, Isaiah saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, And he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; In him shall the Gentiles trust.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The stone with seven eyes is an early vision of the new high priest in heaven Jesus by whom the Holy Ghost was sent into earth