A male with 2 hurdles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

yagobi21

Hello everyone! First I'd like to say God is good! I am a believer who is having the struggle of my life. I have tried to come to Christ a couple of times before and my heart wasn't ready at the time to let go of a few things that was keeping me from having that solid reltionship with God. This time was different, I let go of alcohol which was something that I was struggling with. I only drank to get drunk, i hadn't had a drop in 4 months and was going strong. So that was my first hurdle. My second hurdle was lonliness. I do not want to sound arrogant but it will anyway. I am a good looking guy who stays fit. For some reason I always long for a gf and now wife since im 29. I want only a good wife who seeks Gods heart. I met someone fairly quickly after starting my relationship with God and she was everything I wanted. Seeks God's heart first, beautiful, and smart. It didn't work out because she moved far away. After that didn't work out I felt as though my focus shifted from God to finding a wife. Then I started struggling with things I struggled with before. I met up with a non believer friend ending up playing pool and somehow got into a bet to where if i lost i had to take a shot of alcohol. Well of course I lost, stupid me should have saw that set up by the enemy. The next weekend which was this past weekend I ended up getting drunk and missing church because of it. I felt so convicted and horrible about myself, but I will not quit and stay down because that's what the enemy wants. The thing is, im going into ministry and i lead worship at a small church. I need help with someone who can relate to the things that are hurting me.

1. Lonliness wanting to find my perfect wife now.

2. Getting bored and when I get bored I go to my old friends and because I feel like it's hard to make new christian ones. Like Im bored ALL THE TIME and that's when my mind wants to be entertained. I think If I found a core small group of guy friends on fire for God to where I wouldn't be bored as much That would help sooooo much.

*God please send me someone who has had this same struggle and that has overcome this state of confusion to give me advice and wisdom from you. Amen*

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Thanks for your honesty, Yagobi. Don't worry about what has happened, we'll move forward from here. The best thing I can tell you, something I found that helped me, is this prayer: "Lord Jesus, please let me surrender to you totally. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit, and help me to follow you whole-heartedly." And then, just listen for a few minutes, see if He leads or convicts you about anything. I hope this helps, brother. -JIM