A Message sent from God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sacredheart

Notice to readers: As you complete this reading of my testimony you may have one of two reactions, one is, you beleive what took place, the other is, you may choose not to beleive. Such the case, if you care to comment I would welcome that, but please, I would like to hear from those that beleive. My testimony is not up for discussion to those who do not beleive, I am not interested in debating such an issue. Thank You!

As a young boy of 10 years old I always wanted to ride horses and become a cowboy, I guess you can blame it on all the westerns shown in those days.:) Later that year my parents bought my first horse for me and that began my life with horses. In my 11th grade in high school I joined the junior rodeo circuit, it was awesome. During the next three years I remained in the rodeo circuit. I traveled to Texas, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Oklahoma, and Arkansaws, I was all over the map. In my third year I received a serious injury to my neck and back (A Bull threw me then turned and pounced on me with both front legs) and due to this injury my rodeo days were gone. But, I didn't stop there.
Later in life I began to show horses, once again this put me on the road to travel. The list of states is to long, just know that there were many states I traveled to. Showing horses became my second calling, I became very very good at it. Later I started picking up sponsors from different companies, and I was traveling even more because of it. In 1988 I got my first taste of liqour at a bar I went to with some friends. As I drank more that night I noticed my pressures of life began to go away. I drank a little more and I noticed all the pressure was gone. However I must say, the next morning was unforgiving. :eek:
As I continued to show horses, now in a professional level I was under extreme pressure, more than I could handle. I remembered what that alcohol took away from me, so I began to drink a little more as the pressure mounted. Later I received another serious injury (my gelding threw me into a fence head on) and that injury took me out for 8 months. In those 8 months of healing I started thinking about God, don't know why, I just did, I never questioned it, just went with it. I knew of God, But I didn't "know" him.
After my injuries healed I was back on the road again, but this time I was double the sponsors I had before, this time the pressure was really on. I remember many many days and nights working horses and myself into shape 18 to 20 hours a day only to get about 4 hours sleep, I had to, the pressure was on and I didn't want to let my sponsors down. Now the drinking got real heavy, but I knew I had to quit, but when I tried to the pressures bacame to much to bare so I continued. In 1991 I was riding one of my horses one night, and yes I was drunk. Something spooked my horse causing her to run full stride, all I could do was hold on, the reins were dragging the ground and I couldn't reach them. She finally eneded up running through the wire fence without hesitation and kept running with me on her. I was finally able to reach one rein and got her to calm down only to get full control of her. Because it was dark I couldn't see any injuries, well, that is until we got back to the barn. She had deep cuts across both legs and was bleeding bad. I wrapped her legs quickly and called the vet. The vet showed up quickly and we were able to get her situation under control, I have to say I felt bad for what had happened to her and took full responsibility, besides, if I hadn't been drunk none of this would have happened. As the vet was leaving he looked down and noticed a huge amount of blood on my leg. We thought at first it was the horses blood until I saw my jeans were completely severed on one side. I pulled my pants leg up and blood was pouring from the center of my leg and into my boot. When I took my boot off blood was pouring from it too. Instead of calling for rescue he just drove me to the nearest hospital where I was given blood and to receive 18 staples.
I Promised myself after that I was never going to touch alchohol again and for a few more years I didn't. I also decided I had had enough of the pressures, it was just too much and I wanted out, so I did. Soon after that I started raising, training, and conditioning thoroughbreds for different clients. I also started to breed sell and sell. The more people that found out I was training the more clients I had, once again, I invited pressure because I was taking on more than I could handle. Little did I know another nightmare began. But this time was different, this time instead of drinking I began abusig pain medications. The more pressure I faced the more pills I took.
On October 3rd, 1999 my life was about to change forever, I just didn't know it, besides, who does? I had a sick horse in my barn and I have always been the type that when one of my horses got sick I would never leave their side until I was sure they were better. So about 11pm that night I did a final barn check before I shut the barn doors for the night and thats when I noticed one was sick. I did what I could for her and waited to see the effects of my doctoring. About 4:30 the next morning as I sat outside her stall reading on a couple of bales of hay I heard he stirring about. I went in to examine her and was convinced she had pulled through the worse. While in the barn I decided to go ahead with the feeding of others to get that task behind me. I went inside, took a shower, and decided to go into town (nearest town 18 miles) to pick up supplies. I didn't drive my truck, I drove my car instead. It was early morning, I was traveling down a 4 lane divided highway as I've done so many times. The ealry morning sun just did clear the treetops yet still casted the trees shadow on the raod along the way. The speed limit was 65mph, but I always set my cruise on 70, that morning was no different. As I was just about to get into the town then is when my life was about to change forever.
Two miles outside of town I either blacked out, or I fell asleep. Either way, my car slowly drifted right towards the shoulder of the road. It the went completely off the road, down an embankment, back up the embankment, left the ground completely going completely airborne and hit a pine tree head on. (Thank God no one else was involved) It took them two hours to retreive me out of my car, I was completely trapped. They removed both front doors and peeled the roof completely off to get me out and finally they were able to do so. My injuries were so severe they had me airlifted from the hiway at the point of accident and flown to a Trauma Center. Both of my legs were broken, my right was a double compound fracture, me left a single. I had my left lung punctured, 5 broken ribs, my left collar bone and left arm was also broken. My neck was severely damaged but not broken. During the time trapped in the car I had lost alot of blood, it was critical.
I wasn't married at the time so somehow the hiway patrol called my parents to notify them of my accident. My parents arrived after a two hour drive of not knowing only to be told I had a slim chance of making it, that the next 48 hours would be very critical. To this day I cannot imagine what they went through hearing such news and the wait, the wait had to have been the worse of all.

Here is where Gods hand changed me forever.........

After 48 hours my parents were told things were surprisingly looking up, "that was the doctors direct quote, he was amazed. But, I wasn't off the critical list yet and remained in the critical ward for 6 days. I was finally moved to a room on the 7th day (7th day, sound familiar?) and on the 9th day I was able to open my eyes and I was in and out. About the 14th day I was able to stay awake all day and I was getting much better. They were able to remove my chest tube and then I was able to talk, eat a little and move around just a little. But, that day, not night, but day after everyone left I closed my eyes to get more rest, and this is where it gets more interesting.
As I lay to rest I had something happen to me, I thought it was strange at first but I was to soon realize it wasn't strange at all. I woke up and I was just outside an old rustic, rundown, tattered old house. I was standing in the front of it and noticed the old front porch attached to it. I then noticed there was no grass alive in the yard, it was all dead. I lifted my head to look further out and the fields that surrounded the house was empty, all dirt, no grass, no plants. The only thing I noticed that was living was this old huge oak tree that towered over the old house, I thought that was odd. I finally walked on the front porch, it was old but solid. I got more curious and knowing the house was not being lived in I opened the front door. I wolked inside to an empty room, the windows were boarded up. The walls were a dull white color and the floor of it's dusty hardwood floors. I wondered why I was here but never thought once of how I got there and I never was once in fear.
No more than I blinked my eyes the scenery changed that fast, I was no longer at the old house. This time I was in a room, a white room with very bright white walls, ceiling, I couldn't see the floor. I couldn't see the floor because I was laying flat, but I was elevated from the floor and I'm guessing I was on a table or narrow bed, I couldn't tell you because I felt nothing touching my back, nothing. I looked up at the ceiling, I recall thinking there were no lights, so how could the room be so bright? I moved my eyes left and right just a little, I couldn't move my head, in fact, I couldn't move my body at all. I finally looked towards my feet, and it was then I saw beauty as such I've never ever seen before.
As I looked down towards my feet there were two of the most beautiful women standing there that I have ever seen. The one to my left was wearing a long dress, but better yet it looked more like a long gown. The color of it was white, but the white had a glow to it, and the material looked as somekind of silk or satin. It was beautiful. She had long blonde hair, the too had a glow to it as well as the complexion from the skin on her face. No, there was no Halo in case you were wondering. She had a look on her face I shall never forget, it was a kind of a smile, yet is was a look of assurance, assurance that all was well. The women on the right of me had the same clothing on, the same glow, the same look of assurance, the same look of all was well. When I looked back to my left the women spoke and said these words that will be with me forever. The words were simply this, she said softly, "God is not ready for you yet". I remember then both of them smiling just a little more, and then I remember the tears that flowed from my eyes. I quickly then realized who these women were and the tears from my eyes began to flow. I felt a feeling I have never felt before, I feeling of the greatest calm I have ever felt. I too had a feeling of a strange warmth in my heart, another feeling I've never felt before. The whole experience was just awesome, I just lay there and I began to weep. The best tears I think I have ever shed.
In a split second the scene quickly changed, I saw all the hospital equipment in my room, all the instruments that surrounded me, and I knew I was back in my room. But, I realized something quickly, I couldn't see these instruments to clearly, I had tears in my eyes and down both sides of my head, the same tears that wet my pillow. Yes, these tears were real, and I knew where they had come from. I just layed there, and I processed what just took place. I began to ask a lot of questions, but the first one I asked was, why me? Why did they come to see me? Me, a great sinner, who was saved bu the Grace of God in 1991, me who after I was saved still refused to walk with God, why me? I knew God after getting saved, yet I treated it like everything else, I threw it in the corner and walked away, me God, why?, why me?
A couple of days later my doctor sat down to speak with me one on one, he was to tell me my limitations after my recovery. He began to tell me that with my lung I would be limited to breath and probably have an inhaler. And he told me that if that didn't work I would have to probably be placed on an oxygen machine, one that I could pull with me or wear on my back. Then he began to tell me the worse news, the fact that I would most likely be confined to a wheel chair. He said he would put me through physical therapy to see how much strength I could regain in my legs, but he said even if I do gain strength at the most I would be limited to my walk for very short periods of time. Basically what he was saying was, my walking days were over. After hearing that I just hung my head down knowing that the rest of my life was just taken away from me, I now lost everything I ever worked for.
After my discharge I had to move back into the house I grew up in, I had no choice, no wife to look after me, I was on my own where I would have lived. Later I had to make the decission to sell my farm, my house, my horses, everything. I was very very sad, all I had ever done, all I had ever worked hard for is and will be gone, my life was over.
Soon I started seeing a physical therapist, a big guy, but calm with his voice and seemed to know what he was doing. I later learned he had just started working there, two days before I was to show up for my first appointment, so I think I was his first patient, and his only critical patient. I began to tell him about what I had lost, what I had been through, and knowing that I'd never be able to walk again. When I ended my conversation with those words he looked at me with a strange concerning kind of smile. He asked, "and who told you that you "may" not be able to walk again'. I replied to him it was my doctor. He replied back and asked me since when have I ever listened to doctors?, wow, he asked a good but honest question, and of course I laughed and said I haven't. He agreed and said there is no Doctor here now so lets just see how far we can take this.
All of the sudden after what he spoke of, I was starting to get a sense of hope back after losing it all. During my 6 months 3 days a week of seeing this guy he started talking about God one day, and I'll be honest with you, I can't even remember to this day how the subject came up. As he was talking I was thiinking about telling him about the experience I had in the hospital, but I all the sudden backed off of that idea in fear of him thinking I was crazy. A couple of days went by and during yet another visit God came up again. This time I said the heck with it, I'll use him as the test pig to see what kind of reaction I'd get, so, I told him. After I told him the whole story as I was telling him he was bent down applying heat to my legs so I really couldn't see his face, just the top of his head. Yet, after I told him I quickly realized his eyes had teared up after lifting his head up to look at me, I was shocked, awwed, and amazed. He looked at me, smiled and said to me , "don't you understand what you just told me"?, I told him I wasn't sure yet what to make of it. He said that it sounds like to him God has spoken to you through his angels, a messenger if you will. That statement hit me hard, I never really thought of it that way.
Months went by and my progress was beginning to look good. I also began to think heavily about the message brought to me. I stopped and finally told the Father of my Parish, he too said the same. He said God has a job for you, your works are just to begin. He said that it sounds like God has a journey for me, and I must take this journey before he takes me. Wow, that was really well spoken. I started to pray, and pray heavy I did. I began to think about the old house, the dead fields, the live tree, the emptiness in the house. Then I began to think about what the Angels had to say, the one that spoke with her mouth, and the way both spoke with their smile. I prayed more, and more, and more until finally I was able to come to an honest answer, one that makes a lot of sense.
This is what I have come to beleive.....a beleif that only comes from my heart, not my brain. I think I was first shown the empty dead fields, the house empty of all life present and past, but the tree lived, why? I think that tree sybolized me, me standing in a field of emptiness. Standing next to a house that once had life, but now never will. Pure and simple, a lfe of emptiness inside and out.
Now, as far as the "Angels"....I mean come on, of couse they were angels, that undeniable. Did they have wings?, no, no wings, no halo, just pure, simple, and simply beautiful. Yet of course, they were there to bring comfort, give me hope, and deliver the messege that God wanted me to know, "He's not ready for me yet"...how else can that be taken? I beleive he has put me on a journey, a cause, a path! I am lead to beleive I am to do work for him, yet to this day I haven't wuite figured out what I am to do. I guess in "His" time "He" will let me know.
In 2000 I have come to know God better than I ever have. I truely truely Love My God. He brought me back from the brinks of death, and has had a message delivered to me upon his angels. I ask you, how can any man deny these works of God, how can it even be questioned whether this is true? Of course it's true, and I will carry it in my heart forever and ever Amen. My walk with God these days to current is so strong. I say again, I Love my God, I truely do.
So, now you have read my testimony. My only hope is, it strengthens those who beleive, too I hope and pray it draws the none beleivers closer to the father. God is an awesome God, he answers all prayers and delivers to all those who follow.

Praise Be To God, Our Holy Father
Rob'

A

AnandaHya

thanks for sharing your testimony.

God is amazing.

S

sacredheart

Thank you for your kind words, that was nice of you, oh and, you are so correct, our God is an awesome God. May God rest in your heart always.

B

Brandon777

I loved reading this. It was an encouragement. It makes me want to put my testimony up here. An angel sent me a message once here on earth to help me in a time of peril; my father left me on a mountain while I was mentally unstable but very zealous for God. I think you'd be interested to hear it. And the Holy Spirit once visited me in a mental hospital hallway during my deep dispair.

student

Jul 20, 2010
Dear Rob,

Your story touched my heart. I usually don't read long testimonies...just becuase of computer light hurting my eyes, but something caused me to read yours. Praise God for your recovery and God bless your continued journey.
-student

J

jackline

wow. that was an encouraging testimony for me. i ve actually learned alot. good that you shared your testimony because the scripture says tha they overcame by the blood of the lamb and the power of their testimony. there is definately sth that has been overcome by your testimony. it aws long but worth the time.

W

Wach2010

Re: new

Rob, your testimony is such an encouragement to me. God bless you

T

Tobby17

good good..:D

Kimber321

Jan 31, 2011
Rob, thank you so much for sharing. It truly is encouraging. Your testimony reaffirms my hope in the future. God's blessing to you.

D

dmdave17

Dear Rob,

It is pretty obvious to me that at least one of the tasks God has set for you is to share that wonderful testimony. If you haven't already, I would suggest that you consider ways to share it with the public at large.

God bless you.

S

sacredheart

I could not agree more. You know, there for a while I hesitated to share such a testimony in fear that no one would beleive it. Yet, I was told that it didn't matter to those who are none beleivers, but it sure would matter much to those who do. Thank you for you suggestion and kind words. May God Bless and be with you always!

Rob'

R

Ramon

I am commenting to mark this for reading later.