A 'new lead' in Natalee Holloway disappearance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Natalee Holloway's father in Aruba pursuing new lead in hunt for body

Nearly a decade after Alabama teen Natalee Holloway vanished on a high school trip to Aruba, her father is back on the Caribbean island with a private detective, probing new clues and focusing on a new claim from a purported eyewitness.

Holloway was just 18 when she disappeared on May 30, 2005. The prime suspect long has been Joran van der Sloot, who is in imprisoned in Peru for a 2010 murder. Dave Holloway is convinced Van der Sloot killed his daughter, but his latest quest is to find her body –- and investigate the new eyewitness claim.

"I saw Natalee Holloway on the last night she was alive,” island resident Jurrien de Jong told the syndicated TV program Inside Edition. “I was the eyewitness.

“I saw that Joran was chasing Natalee into a small building under construction,” De Jong continued. “In about five minutes he came out with Natalee in his arms, and slammed the body of Natalee on the floor, and then he made an opening in a crawl space… I knew she was dead.”
Hm. "Syndicated TV program"? You mean the kind that pays for "interviews"? And de Jong's excuse for not coming forward a decade ago is priceless: He was "involved in criminal activity" and couldn't come forward without being arrested upon explanation of his presence in the area. Like the cops down there, still suffering from an image ineptness by not being able to close the case, wouldn't practically forgive as much as another murder to solve the disappearance of Holloway?

The story smells worse than four-day-old fish.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
She's been dead for 10 years. There ain't no body left to find. :/

V

Viligant_Warrior

She's been dead for 10 years. There ain't no body left to find. :/
Yeah, kinda what I was thinkin' too, aside from my point that the effort is useless and this guy's probably just trying to get his 15 minutes, or Holloway's money, one or the other.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Carp, won't that saga end?
Pretty girl, hint of sex crime, rich playboy foreigner suspected but unproven as the perpetrator and now in prison for a similar murder -- nope.

Those details are just too appetizing for the media to ignore, so any little morsel starts the feeding frenzy again..

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
yes, like the little girl beauty queen who died back in the mid-90's. about every six months there is a story about her. the heartless soulless media feeds on indeed.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Pretty girl, hint of sex crime, rich playboy foreigner suspected but unproven as the perpetrator and now in prison for a similar murder -- nope.

Those details are just too appetizing for the media to ignore, so any little morsel starts the feeding frenzy again..
And I suppose the Ms Foxys will be the media feeders.

V

Viligant_Warrior

And I suppose the Ms Foxys will be the media feeders.
The alphabet networks seem to be more intrigued by such stories -- Pablum to pacify the masses.