A one word study and then expound with scripture.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
I want to study one word, the word 'Every!'

But before we delve into different dictionary definitions of this mysterious word, I want everyone to think on it and let me know what you come up with. Thanks. Be free. Be blessed!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The word 'every' can be rearranged to form the word 'veery'...

This small forest thrush gets its name from the cascade of “veer” notes that make up its ethereal, reedy song—a common sound at dusk and dawn in summer in the damp northern woods. Most Veeries are a warm cinnamon brown above, with delicate spots on the throat; though far northwestern and northeastern populations are darker brown. These birds hop through the forest understory as they forage for insects and fruit. They spend winters in South America.

image.jpeg

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Veery/id

Dec 1, 2014
Every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.

I like it!
:cool:

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
But what does 'every' mean?

Jun 23, 2015
Interesting "bible study" topic.

But, since I see opportunity to play......
I see rev....

Could be short for reverend in which I personally think is a title only the haughty man/woman would dare label themselves. I am reverent to one. Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior. God is the reverend. He alone is worthy to be called reverend.

Example of why one should not call themselves reverend
:p
sharpton428x321.jpg
reverend

[rev-er-uh nd, rev-ruh nd]

adjective 1. (initial capital letter) (used as a title of respect applied or prefixed to the name of a member of the clergy or a religious order): Reverend Timothy Cranshaw; Reverend Mother.

2. worthy to be revered; entitled to reverence.

3. pertaining to or characteristic of the clergy.

noun 4. Informal. a member of the clergy.

Origin of reverend

late Middle English

Latin

1400-1450

1400-50; late Middle English < Latin reverendus worthy of being revered, gerund of reverērī to revere[SUP]1[/SUP]

Related forms

reverendship, noun

Jun 23, 2015
Rev could also be used as a word to describe accelerating rpm's:eek:

rev.jpg

[h=1]rev
[/h]

[rev] Informal.

noun 1. a revolution (in an engine or the like).

verb (used with object), revved, revving. 2. to accelerate sharply the speed of (an engine or the like) (often followed by up).

verb (used without object), revved, revving. 3. (of an engine) to accelerate; become revved (often followed by up).

Verb phrases 4. rev up, to increase in strength or accelerate sharply: The economy is beginning to rev up.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Could be without exception. Kind of like when every post is negative and generates nothing but strife.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Could be without exception. Kind of like when every post is negative and generates nothing but strife.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I got the slam. But tell me which part of the word of God that I have used do you think is 'negative'. Try very hard not to slam the messenger just because you don't like the message. Refute the message with scripture. I'm game. I don't claim to know all. But I do know some.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
First Use...

Genesis 1:21 KJVS
[21] And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Last Use...

Revelation 22:18 KJVS
[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Connection?...I got nothing. :p

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Next step. What would 'every man' mean?

P

P1LGR1M

First Use...

Genesis 1:21 KJVS
[21] And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Last Use...

Revelation 22:18 KJVS
[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Connection?...I got nothing. :p
You would need to back up one verse to find the first use. Here is a link to help you do that:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H2416&t=KJV

And then jump to the last verse in Scripture to find the last usage...

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?page=2&strongs=G3956&bn=66&t=KJV#lexResults

God bless.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
K

Kaycie

I think it's more important to study a little word most people seem to skip right on by when reading God's Word, that is the word "if." Little word, big meaning!

Last edited:

slave

Mar 20, 2015
"Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Every="All inclusive" also having an expectant, and conclusive tone to it's meaning.

Dec 12, 2013
Kind of like the word "all"......when used in context.....it becomes very clear......

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Adding some context. I love this stuff. 'But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to (every) man....

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
So no one can tell me what 'every man' means.

Here's the context: 1Cor.14.26 ...when you come together (in the assembly) EVERYONE of you has a psalm...a doctrine...a tongue...a revelation...an interpretation...

Note: 'EVERYONE of you'.

Vs.32. For you ALL may prophesy one by one...

So again, what do these words mean: EVERY MAN, EVERYONE, and the word ALL?

Come on guys. Don't be so afraid of what the word really says that's contrary to 'church' liturgy.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Why won't you guys face this truth? You are not rejecting me. You are rejecting God'word. You are rejecting Christ. Plain and simple.