A picture of the Cross to someone who doesn't know God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jda016

Story of Cross to someone who knows not God.

And there, in the tranquil green meadow, stood a simple vertical beam of wood with another beam going horizontally across the first about three quarters the way up. The attached wooden beams seemed out of place as they were rough and full of splinters and yet my eyes were transfixed on them. I knew in my heart that they represented something so much more than I could possibly realize. Even as I stood there, I felt a great wave of emotion course through my body. It was a mixture of the most intense agony and joy that I could ever imagine. I tightly closed my eyes at the sheer power of the emotions and as I opened them again, I saw the briefest outline of a man in white with his arms outstretched before the two wooden beams. I blinked in surprise and the image was gone, but I noticed something at the foot of the vertical beam of wood that I had never noticed before. There, surrounding the base, were about a dozen of the most brilliant flowers I have ever seen. Their petals were the deepest hue of crimson red. The only color that I have seen that could possibly match it, is the color of blood. My eyes were transfixed on them as a subtle breeze began to blow in my direction. Contained in the breeze was the fragrance of the flowers; a fragrance that smelled so sweet and refreshing that I involuntary breathed in as deep as I could taking in as much of the fragrance as possible. It filled me to the brim and the peace I felt seemed to last an eternity.

I have witnessed something too great for words to describe.