A plea to be born again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2Thewaters

When I was reading the story of Nicodemus and realized that I thought I was saved but wasn't, that was a shock just like Nicodemus
He was a leader in Israel a top pharisee and a ruler in Israel and he didn't even know he wasn't saved! He thought he was once saved always saved...

Then Jesus brought to my mind the story of Saul, who was saved and completely filled with the holy spirit and was king of Israel, and then became hard cold and disobedient and the spirit was taken away!
And what I have been told was once saved always saved, I saw was untrue! I thought I was lost for eternity

Now of course that is the enemy talking and I knew that much and all we can do is go to Jesus for he will NEVER cast you out and ALWAYS forgive if you come to him with your whole heart and soul... and he gave me one more thought
Peter and John the baptised and "saved disciples both had times when they did things the holy spirit would not do, Peter denied his Lord and once Jesus told him he was possessed by satan (accuser), and when John wanted lightning to come down and destroy a village Jesus told him he was possessed of a bad spirit, but then, they were forgiven and repented and everything good

So this song came to mind when I realized I was a whitewashed sepulchre pretending I was saved while living with the world and joking around and doing unchristian things when Jesus said to me
If you die in your sins you will be lost!

so he said to me
he said
You must be born yet again! and then I knew!
Jesus wants us to be born again every time we fall, go to him and trust him and love him
he is wonderful

and even though you cant say I AM SAVED you can say
If i remain faithful I am guaranteed to be saved! its a choice day by day.

amen praise the Lord anyone can do it

anyway this song, when I realized this truth that has been hidden from me by false teachers, came out in just a minute and I wrote it all down.

nice song and very accurate to the the truth. Once saved always saved is a lie from the enemy to keep you off guard until you are dead

and Jesus impressed my conscience in me (that is the voice of God to you, your conscience)

He said:
You are a brand plucked out of the fire, most christian will die thinking they are saved and then this:

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.(obedience to the word every day)
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: (once saved always saved)
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

amen and then I knew

you can be guaranteed a place in the kingdom as long as you remain in love with JESUS!
amazing!
anyway here is the song Jesus gave me.sung to the tune
how pleasant how divinely fair:

POEM:

Each day I must be born again, and by your power kept from sin
O Jesus please come into my heart and there your righteousness impart
Surrendered is my heart to you and open for your spirits dew
Please change my thoughts and all my desires create a heart cleansed from sin's mire

Dear Jesus glory honor praise I sing to bless you everyday
for your great gift of infinite love poured into my heart from above
Just like the wind blows in the trees your unseen spirit intercedes
to teach and give me love that fulfills your law so I live by your will

Please help me read your word with love not fearful that heaven I'll loose
Your spirit in your word will create a love for right for your dear sake
A love born by divine grace that will obey as it will trace
your righteous life outlined in your word and meekly follow each word heard

Man does not live by bread alone
but by EVERY WORD that proceeds from the prophets of God ... the Word of God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 26, 2013
When I was reading the story of nicodemus and ralized that I thought I was saved but wasn't, that was a shock just like Nicodemus
He was a leader in Israel a top pharisee and a ruler in Israel and he didn't even know he wasn't saved! He thought he was once saved always saved...

Then Jesus brought to my mind the story of Saul, who was saved and completely filled with the holy spirit and was king of Israel, and then became hard cold and disobedient and the spirit was taken away!
And what I have been told was once saved always saved, I saw was untrue! I thought I was lost for eternity

Now of course that is the enemy talking and I knew that much and all we can do is go to Jesus for he will NEVER cast you out and ALWAYS forgive if you come to him with your whole heart and soul... and he gave me one more thought
Peter and John the baptised and "saved disciples both had times when they did things the holy spirit would not doo, Peter denied his Lord and once Jesus told him he was possessed by satan, and when John wanted lightning to come down and destroy a village Jesus told him he was possessed of a bad spirit, but then, they were forgiven and repented and everythig good

So this song came to mind when I realized I was a whitewashed sepulchre pretending I was saved while living with the world and joking around and doing unchristian things when Jesus said to me
If you die in your sins you will be lost!

so he said to me
he said
You must be born yet again! and then I knew!
Jesus wants us to be born again every time we fall, go to him and trust him and love him
he is wonderful

and even though you cant say I AM SAVED you can say
If i remain faithful I am guaranteed to be saved! its a choice day by day.

amen praise the Lord anyone can do it

anyway this song, when I realized this truth that has been hidden from me by false teachers, came out in just a minute and I wrote it all down.

nice song and very accurate to the the truth. Once saved always saved is a lie from the enemy to keep you off guard until you are dead

and Jesus said to jme

You are a brand plucked out of the fire, most christian will die thinking they are saved and then this:
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.(obedience to the word every day)
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: (once saved always saved)
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

amen and then I knew

you can be guaranteed a place in the kingdom as long as you remain in love with JESUS!
amazing!
anyway here is the song Jesus gave me.sung to the tune
how pleasant how divinely fair:

POEM:

Each day I must be born again, and by your power kept from sin
O Jesus please come into my heart and ther your righteousness impart
Surrendered is my heart to you and open for your spirits dew
Please change my thoughts and all my desires create a heart cleansed from sin's mire

Dear Jesus glory honor praise I sing to bless you everyday
for your great gift of infinite love poured into my heart from above
Just like the wind blows in the trees your unseen spirit intercedes
to teach and give me love that fulfills your law so I live by your will

Please help me read your word with love not fearful that heavn Ill loose
Your spirit in your word will create a love for right for your dear sake
A love born by divine grace that will obey as it will trace
your righteous life outlined in your word and meekly follow each word heard

Man does not live by breead alone
but by EVERY WORD that proceeds from the prophets of God ... the Word of God.

How many times can a man be born again ?

2Thewaters

70 times 7 and more
from grace to grace
repent and return come back be born yet again
He will never cast you out if you want to come back.

2Thewaters

Ezek 33:12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Ezek 33:13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Ezek 33:14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Ezek 33:15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Ezek 33:16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Ezek 33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Ezek 33:18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Ezek 33:19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

this is the most wonderful gospel
It is just like Jesus!
come ye to the waters...

2Thewaters

70 times 70 times 70 times seven

but I think the first couple of times are sufficient by then you are totally in love!
and lke solomon said
I have found him whom I love and I will never let him go!

Nov 26, 2013
70 times 7 and more
from grace to grace
repent and return come back be born yet again
He will never cast you out if you want to come back.

Being forgiven daily and born again is not the same

Nov 26, 2013
70 times 70 times 70 times seven

but I think the first couple of times are sufficient by then you are totally in love!
and lke solomon said
I have found him whom I love and I will never let him go!

When were you baptise ? How many times were you dipped into the water

T

tripsin

People, people! Once saved, always saved. You can't jump in and out of salvation whether it is on purpose or not! !

Otherwise you make Christ's shedding of His precious blood a joke.

"Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption." Hebrews 9:12. He didn't need redemption - We needed redemption. Once for all of us and once for all sins.

" - - not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another - He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself." " - - so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. - -."

To be 'born again' is simple. We are the ones who complicate it. " - - that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom. 10 9.

No rules, no regulations required just - - " - - call on the name of the Lord and you shall be saved." Rom. 10:13.

It's not complicated! :)

Nov 26, 2013
People, people! Once saved, always saved. You can't jump in and out of salvation whether it is on purpose or not! !

Otherwise you make Christ's shedding of His precious blood a joke.

"Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption." Hebrews 9:12. He didn't need redemption - We needed redemption. Once for all of us and once for all sins.

" - - not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another - He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself." " - - so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. - -."

To be 'born again' is simple. We are the ones who complicate it. " - - that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom. 10 9.

No rules, no regulations required just - - " - - call on the name of the Lord and you shall be saved." Rom. 10:13.

It's not complicated! :)

When one is born again does his name get written in the book of life ?

Can His name be blootted out ? Why ?

T

tripsin

When one is born again does his name get written in the book of life ?

Can His name be blootted out ? Why ?
Our names were written in the book of life before we were even a glimmer in our dads' eyes. If we never believe, then it is blotted out.

There is only one unforgivable sin - unbelief.

2Thewaters

Praise him! Praise him! tell of his excellent greatness
Praise him praise him ever in joyful song
I love thee, I love thee, I love thee my Lord
I love thee my savior I love thee my God
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the earth hear his voice
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the people rejoice;
O cpome to the father through Jesus the son,
and give him the glory great things he hath done.
We praise thee we bless thee, dear lamb that was slain,
We love and adore thee, Amen and amen.