A problematic Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
I don't believe the statement she made was about hyper-grace. It was simply a statement of belief in a teaching in the Bible. That is all. That is what I was taught that once you were saved you were forgiven. You still have to repent and stay clear of the sin you asked forgiveness for.
I agree. That must be stated. She said, "All your sins are forgiven", plus showing that video.
I couldn't tell anyone on here "All your sins are forgiven". That would be a judgment call. I don't know anyone on here well enough to say that.
What I was doing was looking out for her reputation as a christian, for I am my sister's keeper.:)

Apr 13, 2024
Kansas
I agree. That must be stated. She said, "All your sins are forgiven", plus showing that video.
I couldn't tell anyone on here "All your sins are forgiven". That would be a judgment call. I don't know anyone on here well enough to say that.
What I was doing was looking out for her reputation as a christian, for I am my sister's keeper.:)
So as a saved Christian you do not believe all your sins are forgiven?

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
So as a saved Christian you do not believe all your sins are forgiven?
If in the future I don't forgive someone their sins against me My sins wouldn't be forgiven either.

Apr 13, 2024
Kansas
If in the future I don't forgive someone their sins against me My sins wouldn't be forgiven either.
Yes I understand that but, Jesus died on the cross for your sins. That means you're forgiven. I was taught that God's forgiveness was not works based.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Yes I understand that but, Jesus died on the cross for your sins. That means you're forgiven. I was taught that God's forgiveness was not works based.
The church is currently going thru the Falling Away.
Rebellion wasn't put up with in the OT, neither is it in the New Covenant.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
I have found that "what I have been taught" has not been errorless. We are to prove those things that we believe.

Apr 13, 2024
Kansas
It's not worth the argument. No matter what I say you will have a disagreement with. So I'm just gonna walk away.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't believe the statement she made was about hyper-grace. It was simply a statement of belief in a teaching in the Bible. That is all. That is what I was taught that once you were saved you were forgiven. You still have to repent and stay clear of the sin you asked forgiveness for.
That is my understanding as well. Jesus said that he has not lost a single one that his Father has given to him.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I see the love and grace of God in his teachings.
Hello Evangelique, I was a passive enemy (if you will) of some of Pastor Prince's teachings for years, principally because of what I was told about his teachings and shown of his (via quotes and video shorts), so I believed that he taught hyper-grace as a result .. until I was fortunate enough to hear him preach a series of sermons on the topic of grace, that is (a series in which he spent a lot of time teaching ~against~ what is known as the doctrine of "hyper-grace").

The jury is still out for me about the other controversial side of his ministry (the "health, wealth and prosperity gospel" side, that is), but I think that I would like to hear from the man himself on these topics too (to make sure that I know what his teachings truly are).

That said, the only teachings of his that I am personally familiar with are his teachings about grace/hyper-grace within the last 5 years or so, so perhaps he taught something different a decade or two ago? Of course, it's what he believes and teaches now that is my true concern, as all of us grow in our knowledge and understanding of God/His word/the faith over the years we spend as believers. One thing is for sure, I don't want to unfairly judge a brother or sister in Christ about anything, and that is so easy to do these days, isn't it, thanks to the Internet and the consistent lack of article and "fact" vetting on it).

Interestingly, I recently came across an article written by Dr. Michael Brown, author of the book, Hyper-Grace: Exposing the Dangers of the Modern Grace Movement. In the article, called "Hyper-Grace: Setting the Record Straight With Pastor Joseph Price", Brown apologizes for a number of things that he said in his book about what he (wrongly) believed to be true about Prince's teachings concerning grace/hyper-grace, and then he proceeds to go about setting the record straight, item by item.

If you'd care to read the article by Dr. Brown, you can find it here: Hyper-Grace: Setting the Record Straight With Pastor Joseph Prince | Opinion News (christianpost.com)

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy (David)

Apr 13, 2024
I wouldn't speak such a thing unless I absolutely knew it to be true, Nor would I throw it out there as a judgment call.
It was for your safety to remain on CC & especially for your spiritual safety as a christian.:)
So only "Edify-approved" teachings are allowed on this chat?!

In that case - I don't want to be here.

Blessings to all ChristianChat members.

Bye.

Apr 13, 2024
Since my childhood I was forced into religion. It took me many years and many bad experiences to come over this and to find a way back. I believe with all my heart and soul. I will however never know if God really forgave me. I know that Jesus gave his life for all of us, but I am sick and fight hard to keep the good way. But it occurs on a regular basis that I fall back in bad habits (all three to six months or so - alcohol). I am the most peaceful person you can imagine - and I hurt only myself with what I do. On the other side I take 1. Jacob 1:18 literally and have a widow and two orphans on my charge. This is sometimes on the limit (now that I am retired). Instead of saying "I am saved" I rather ask myself if God will ever forgive me. All these verses condemning lies, alcohol etc, come to my mind. And I am pretty down, depressive. Due to all my years as a Jehovahs Witness I have become very strict with myself. I do not judge - I think they are (with exceptions) quite serious in their believe and honestly, you learn a lot about the Bible - but not in the context. I have left some 30 years ago and found only back to Jesus some years ago, when I was working abroad. My actual problem is as well, that I am completely isolated: I live in a foreign country, a small village without any chance to exchange with other Christians. I do not even have a car to make this possible. I do not even have access to medical treatment and if something happens, I have to find a way out by myself. Until now I always was strong enough to do this. So this is not a nice story and I am writing this with tears in my eyes. Sometimes it seems that I made my life so hard and never had a chance to build up a community of friends. Always working in different countries is not helpful - you can have colleagues, buddies but not real friends - except the family i take care of - but even this is by distance over three countries and two continents. I feel pretty alone. The only good moments are, when I walk (long distances) and pray. Then sometimes I feel better. Any idea how to change the situation? I believe with all my heart and I hope that Jesus sees my struggle. I wish sometimes someone would take me in the arm - and I could cry. A sad situation here. Pray for me if you want and can. I feel like the "tax collector" who does not want to raise his eyes and says "oh, lord how can you forgive me". And I wondered very often what he actually did after this prayer. Continue to collect taxes - but not cheating? Or did he give up his job and went to work on a field? All this has led now to deep depressions and sometimes ideas, not to want to live any longer. But even that - nobody to talk to. I have to do it all by myself. May God help me in my distress and have mercy.
Please never forget, you are dearly loved by God! He knows your heart and it is precious to Him💖

Apr 10, 2024
Hello,

I don't think there's anything wrong with religion because everyone is religious in some way. Contemporary people try to use the term "religion" as a negative connotation. However, I think religion gives structure and morality to society.

Then, people say we commit atrocities in the name of religion, but we commit atrocities because of the evil that resides in the human heart not because of religion. I hope that this makes sense.

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
So only "Edify-approved" teachings are allowed on this chat?!

In that case - I don't want to be here.

Blessings to all ChristianChat members.

Bye.
I reached out to you with love & compassion knowing you were a new member & didn't know about this. It was for your benefit to help you steer clear of things that would cause problems in CC.
However, your reply speaks for itself. You are known by your fruits.
I will say nothing more to you.

Apr 13, 2024
I reached out to you with love & compassion knowing you were a new member & didn't know about this. It was for your benefit to help you steer clear of things that would cause problems in CC.
However, your reply speaks for itself. You are known by your fruits.
I will say nothing more to you.
I just prayed to God to show me if the teachings of Joseph Prince are false and dangerous. I don't know all of them.
I still pray every day for forgiveness of my sins even when Pastor Prince says, I don't have to. I can not imagine not doing it.
But I understood that Deuteronomy already asked for forgiveness.
The Bible says in 1 John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
That's what I understood from Joseph Prince's video.
God bless you.