A QUESTION ABOUT JESUS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
The question that I will ask is based upon the following thoughts or truths....

1. Jesus lived a sinless life...came in the likeness of sinful flesh and was tempted as we are yet without sin...
2. The life, sacrifice, death, burial and resurrection was accepted by God as the atonement for humanity
3. The revealing and immersion of Jesus was accepted by the Father...

Question...What was it about Jesus and his life that made it him and what he done so acceptable unto the Father or what was it that he done, practiced etc. that made him so acceptable unto the Father?

Jun 30, 2011
Second Adam
Obedience to the Father - perfect - sinless
Saved us from God's Wrath

Mar 18, 2011
[h=3]Because He isn't just good. He is perfect!

Mark 10:18[/h]King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Jun 30, 2011
to do whatever He was told, a Jew born under the Law who lived the law perfectly - think there's a verse for that, I wonder if you know it, there's a verse for that, I wonder if you know it?

S

Spokenpassage

I agree and will ask...obedience unto the Father how exactly?...The only one to fully keep the LAW?
Doing the will of our Father in all things; obeying His commands, submissive to His calling, obedient in what He divinely desired.

"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work"
- John 4:34b NASB​

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."

- Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB​

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
The life of Christ was representative of the Burnt Offering sacrifice of the sacrificial system. The Burnt Offering with its accompanying drink offering was the greatest of all the sacrifices and was to symbolize the absolute consecration of the worshiper. The entire animal and the contents of the drink offering were to be offered in their entirety. The entire animal was "fumed unto the Lord" and the entire drink was poured out. The smoke of this offering was to ascend as a "sweet smelling savor to the Lord." As it related to the worshiper, it represented "All that I am and all that I have I consecrate wholly unto the Lord for his good pleasure" (my own words, not a quote from the Bible). In other words, the life of the worshiper was to go up before the Lord as a "sweet smelling savor," a life totally consecrated to the Lord's for his good pleasure. The reason the Burnt Offering was the most significant of all the sacrifices, even above the sin offering, is that the greater the consecration of worshiper, the less the need for atonement. This is why the blood of the burnt Offering was poured out at the base of the altar rather than on the horns of the altar. This signified that atonement was of marginal significance in this particular offering. Yet, the fact the blood was applied at all shows that there was still the need for atonement. The sinless life of Jesus was the personification of a life of total and absolute consecration, no measure of blood poured out for him. This is why the Father can say, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am WELL pleased."

Dec 12, 2013
Doing the will of our Father in all things; obeying His commands, submissive to His calling, obedient in what He divinely desired.

"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work"
- John 4:34b NASB​

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it."

- Isaiah 55:10-11 NASB​
I agree and like your fish DNA hah!

J

Jda016

Obedience for sure!

I remember reading about Lazerus and as he was dying Jesus did not move to go and save him. Jesus waited until Lazerus was dead, THEN went and saved him.

can you even imagine how hard that would be? Everyone knew Jesus had the power to heal and yet he waited. I bet the disciples looked and wondered at Jesus and thought how he could be so callous.

Yet Jesus did not care for their shifting eyes or what people may have thought of Him. The Father told Jesus to wait and wait, Jesus did.

If you had the power to heal a beloved friend and God told you not to go heal him, would you be able to obey? Jesus obeyed perfectly. I think that is so amazing.

Dec 12, 2013
Obedience for sure!

I remember reading about Lazerus and as he was dying Jesus did not move to go and save him. Jesus waited until Lazerus was dead, THEN went and saved him.

can you even imagine how hard that would be? Everyone knew Jesus had the power to heal and yet he waited. I bet the disciples looked and wondered at Jesus and thought how he could be so callous.

Yet Jesus did not care for their shifting eyes or what people may have thought of Him. The Father told Jesus to wait and wait, Jesus did.

If you had the power to heal a beloved friend and God told you not to go heal him, would you be able to obey? Jesus obeyed perfectly. I think that is so amazing.
That is true for sure...what if Jesus waited so as to prove a point about his abilities to raise the dead after THREE days...

Do they not believe that the spirit resides with the body for three days and by waiting 4 proves beyond a doubt that Lazarus was dead?

Mar 21, 2014
The question that I will ask is based upon the following thoughts or truths....

1. Jesus lived a sinless life...came in the likeness of sinful flesh and was tempted as we are yet without sin...
2. The life, sacrifice, death, burial and resurrection was accepted by God as the atonement for humanity
3. The revealing and immersion of Jesus was accepted by the Father...

Question...What was it about Jesus and his life that made it him and what he done so acceptable unto the Father or what was it that he done, practiced etc. that made him so acceptable unto the Father?
the question i ask you is this Jesus said i am under the control of the law of the holy spirit what does does that mean ?

Dec 12, 2013
the question i ask you is this Jesus said i am under the control of the law of the holy spirit what does does that mean ?
Scripture reference? And off the hip to be simply led by the Spirit of God......

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
(Joh 17:1-5)

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
(2Co 5:19)

(Well I'm tryin not to misbehave)

Dec 12, 2013
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
(Joh 17:1-5)

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
(2Co 5:19)

(Well I'm tryin not to misbehave)
These are awesome verses and a very deep set of verses...especially the theological implications of the verse in Corinthians...

Jan 6, 2014
Jesus loved God and loved humanity, and showed his love for both by complete submittion to the will of the Father.

Love is the key, because: "God is love".

Dec 12, 2013
Jesus loved God and loved humanity, and showed his love for both by complete submittion to the will of the Father.

Love is the key, because: "God is love".
yeah and thank God for that love......

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
JESUS......

Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 .) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 53)1) Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 .) For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 .) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 .) Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 .) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 .) All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 .) He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 .) He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 .) And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 .) Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 .) He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 .) Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Philippians 2:4) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 5 .) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 .) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 .) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 .) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 .) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 .) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 .) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 10:11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:15) As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 .) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 .) Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 .) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father...................25)
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 .) But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 .) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 .) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 .) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 .) I and my Father are one.

What was it about Jesus that made Him acceptable to God the Father? BECAUSE HE IS GOD THE SON.........

John 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 .) The same was in the beginning with God. 3 .) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 .) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 .) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Dec 12, 2013
JESUS......

Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 .) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 53)1) Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2 .) For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 .) He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 .) Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 .) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 .) All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 .) He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8 .) He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9 .) And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. 10 .) Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11 .) He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 .) Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Philippians 2:4) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 5 .) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 .) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 .) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 .) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 .) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 .) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 .) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 10:11) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 14:6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:15) As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 .) And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
17 .) Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 .) No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father...................25)
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26 .) But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27 .) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 .) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 .) My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 .) I and my Father are one.

What was it about Jesus that made Him acceptable to God the Father? BECAUSE HE IS GOD THE SON.........

John 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 .) The same was in the beginning with God. 3 .) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 .) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 .) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Excellent scriptures and points for sure!