A Question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The Catholic church in my town is the only church willing to let anyone - Christian, Agnostic, or Atheist ask questions! That's the way it should be.
Seriously? I find that hard to believe really.

Jul 23, 2023
The "Protestant Church" is not a monolithic entity but many denominations. At the same time no denomination has ever admitted making doctrinal errors. In fact the Catholic Church has always doubled down on its errors. The real issue is whether the Catholic Church in your town is giving people the right biblical answers. This is a matter related to the eternal destiny of souls.
The matter is NOT the eternal destiny of souls! Catholics believe in Jesus' life, miracles, Crucifixion, burial, resurrection, and ascension.

Most Protestants who bad-mouth Catholics are mis-informed by their own.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The matter is NOT the eternal destiny of souls! Catholics believe in Jesus' life, miracles, Crucifixion, burial, resurrection, and ascension.
What you omitted is that the Catholic Church does not believe that justification (salvation) is by grace through faith + NOTHING. And this is at the heart of the Gospel.

Jul 23, 2023
Seriously? I find that hard to believe really.
Well here's proof! Go ahead, find any other church in the Concord, NH area that allows any QUESTION!

Most Denominational Churches don't allow doctrinal 'questions' because their doctrine is dictated by the mother church.

'Christ the King Parish' is the largest and most active Church in town.

It's called Alpha...
ALPHA
Alpha is for everyone. It is judgment-free. No question is out of bounds and you are free to discuss as much or as little as you wish. Whether you are a lifelong Catholic, an atheist, a skeptic, or just curious about the Christian faith, you are invited! Alpha will meet at the Barley House on Mondays beginning Monday, September 11 at 6:00 pm for 12 weeks. For more information, visit christthekingnh.org/alpha.

Jul 23, 2023
What you omitted is that the Catholic Church does not believe that justification (salvation) is by grace through faith + NOTHING. And this is at the heart of the Gospel.
So, a simple mental declaration saves you? I've never believed that! According to James, you cannot separate Grace, faith, and works.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Well here's proof! Go ahead, find any other church in the Concord, NH area that allows any QUESTION!
LOL, you've been to every single church in Concord, NH and asked if you could ask questions and they said no? If you go to a Catholic church you're not going to get answers on the Christian faith anyway. You'll get answers about Catholicism.

Jul 23, 2023
LOL, you've been to every single church in Concord, NH and asked if you could ask questions and they said no? If you go to a Catholic church you're not going to get answers on the Christian faith anyway. You'll get answers about Catholicism.
I'm gone. You're a piece of diabolical Protestant junk. I've had enough. Go bash your own people. Goodbye! And I'm not Catholic!

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
The Catholic church in my town is the only church willing to let anyone - Christian, Agnostic, or Atheist ask questions! That's the way it should be.
First, welcome to CC Wrecked. I see you are a relatively new member and I hope your experience here improves. CC can be a challenge at times but there are many people here who do really try to follow God's commands and love each other.

Sometimes in the heat of battle we forget Paul's statement that we should not put obstacles in front of other believers or that he became a gentile to save gentiles. There is a strong evangelical theme running through CC. Sometimes they miss the log. This happens anytime Catholicism or traditional Jewish issues are discussed. Those issues are not well received, especially on the BDF forum.

Don't quit, give it time. You will find believers here, eventually.

L

Locoponydirtman

Most Protestants who bad-mouth Catholics are mis-informed by their own.
I think vatican2 is really the primary problem. And the idiocy that Franky boy says

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
First, welcome to CC Boo Berry. I see you are a relatively new member and I hope your experience here improves. CC can be a challenge at times but there are many people here who do really try to follow God's commands and love each other.

Sometimes in the heat of battle we forget Paul's statement that we should not put obstacles in front of other believers or that he became a gentile to save gentiles. There is a strong evangelical theme running through CC. Sometimes they miss the log. This happens anytime Catholicism or traditional Jewish issues are discussed. Those issues are not well received, especially on the BDF forum.

Don't quit, give it time. You will find believers here, eventually.
So those who question Catholics and Judaizers aren't even believers? That seems to be the go-to response around here to anyone who speaks inconvenient truth: Well, they're not even really believers, pay them no mind. SMH

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So, a simple mental declaration saves you? I've never believed that! According to James, you cannot separate Grace, faith, and works.
Obviously you do not understand the Gospel. Works follow salvation.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It's called Alpha...
ALPHA
Alpha is for everyone. It is judgment-free. No question is out of bounds and you are free to discuss as much or as little as you wish. Whether you are a lifelong Catholic, an atheist, a skeptic, or just curious about the Christian faith, you are invited! Alpha will meet at the Barley House on Mondays beginning Monday, September 11 at 6:00 pm for 12 weeks. For more information, visit christthekingnh.org/alpha.
Is that this Alpha? Many churches host such.

I post these videos for new converts and seekers who join here, and encourage them to watch all ten videos.

The Alpha course began in 1979 at Holy Trinity Brompton, a Church of England parish in London.
The course was originally a review course for church members, but in 1991, Nicky Gumbel, a member
of the clergy at Holy Trinity, revised and expanded Alpha to teach unbelievers about the Christian faith.
Alpha courses are run in churches, homes, workplaces, prisons, universities and many other locations.

Jul 23, 2023
Is that this Alpha? Many churches host such.

I post these videos for new converts and seekers who join here, and encourage them to watch all ten videos.

The Alpha course began in 1979 at Holy Trinity Brompton, a Church of England parish in London.
The course was originally a review course for church members, but in 1991, Nicky Gumbel, a member
of the clergy at Holy Trinity, revised and expanded Alpha to teach unbelievers about the Christian faith.
Alpha courses are run in churches, homes, workplaces, prisons, universities and many other locations.
I don't know. I'm going to Alpha because they're willing to talk about any issues. They know I'm a Biblical Unitarian and they welcome me. I play in a band with people there. I probably go to church there about once every 6-7 weeks. I've been disfellowshipped everywhere else!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't know. I'm going to Alpha because they're willing to talk about any issues. They know I'm a Biblical Unitarian
and they welcome me. I play in a band with people there. I've been disfellowshipped everywhere else!
I attended the Alpha course for the first time in 2004, and was baptized when it ended, realizing at some point
during the course that I no longer needed any convincing of the Truth of God's revealed written Word. I have
attended since as a volunteer; it's a wonderful course, and the videos are chock full of information.

Jul 23, 2023
I've been around this town for a long time. There aren't that many churches and they don't like their 'etched in stone theology' questioned.

Catholics are Christians. In fact, the Catholics and JW'S I do know are better Christians than most Christians I've ever known. Esp. JW'S!

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I've been around this town for a long time. There aren't that many churches and they don't like their 'etched in stone theology' questioned.

Catholics are Christians. In fact, the Catholics and JW'S I do know are better Christians than most Christians I've ever known. Esp. JW'S!
Okay, if you say so.