A Silly Admirer's Lament

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 1, 2017
Grand sparkling waves crash ashore
The foaming clave to a pale lady adored
From an oyster shell a beauty was born
A pearl from heaven fell, a jewel was formed

A tongue of sweet teases tickled the ears
An irritation that pleases and makes a heart care
A fiery feminine fancy that can't go away
The flirting insult glanced me, how I am joyfully slain

Mind picked like a harp, hear the song play
Porcelain fingers play sharp heart's tempo crazed
Eagerly I drink all her words, yet still I'm athirst
Skin around the vase of silver girds, no doubt I'll come out for worst

Behold the nymph of she dances unawares of my spying
I delight in her symphony and lend my chorus for the plying
She laughs down on me in finesse sending my soul all a quiver
The perfectly polished princess, the unworthy pauper, a tale told forever

Feb 28, 2016
Naboth,

it sounds as though you are 'willingly' taking 'ahold' of an imitation 'jewel', you know,
one that only pleases you, perhaps...

Feb 1, 2017
Naboth,

it sounds as though you are 'willingly' taking 'ahold' of an imitation 'jewel', you know,
one that only pleases you, perhaps...
Hmm, not sure if I entirely understand, but if I interpret you correctly then perhaps so as I had a very interesting dream last night that indeed would run contrariwise to this. Though I might say I hold not that jewel, I just admire it from afar. Nor would I think to be a cubit zirconia, but rather a pearl I reason. Lol but a lil silliness a suppose for the sake of Valentine's Season.

Feb 28, 2016
God's Jewels,

He is the Giver and Taker, and we must be the ones whom He calls to partake,,,we may dream
all that we desire, but only He, our Heavenly Father knows His own and gives His precious gifts
to those whom He calls...here is a Truth we share: when it is He who calls, even though our paths
may seem to present choices that we think we can't make or are un-sure of, He ALWAYS steps-in
and guides those of us who Truly Love and Adore Him, and only want to Follow and Worship Him in
all of the days that He allows us to live...this is quite 'contrary to satan's lies'.
we must be wholly willing and of a mind to follow our Saviour's Ways, which are the 'straight and narrow'...

since 'valentines' is a 'pagan-man-made-holiday', then what are you saying???

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2017
God's Jewels,

He is the Giver and Taker, and we must be the ones whom He calls to partake,,,we may dream
all that we desire, but only He, our Heavenly Father knows His own and gives His precious gifts
to those whom He calls...here is a Truth we share: when it is He who calls, even though our paths
may seem to present choices that we think we can't make or are un-sure of, He ALWAYS steps-in
and guides those of us who Truly Love and Adore Him, and only want to Follow and Worship Him in
all of the days that He allows us to live...this is quite 'contrary to satan's lies'.
we must be wholly willing and of a mind to follow our Saviour's Ways, which are the 'straight and narrow'...

since 'valentines' is a 'pagan-man-made-holiday', then what are you saying???
Yes this a good thought I think, though maybe better befitting the BDF, though I do like what you say here.

As for Valentine's Day, I don't think it is a pagan holiday, though quite a lonely one for one whom has been single for as long as I lol. Pretty sure Saint Valentine was a Christian, one of the greatest martyrs to glorify God to boot.

Lol what I am saying is this poem is a whimsical rhyme about the secret admiration of a beautiful woman with whom I do think I have no chance lol. Also it is my attempt at trying the prose style of Virgil somewhat with the middle of each line rhyming.

Then what I said in reply to you seems I did indeed misinterpret your comment, which I incorrectly interpreted as you saying the jewel of a woman is not for me. To which I'd have agreed due to a dream I had last night. Perhaps a true dream, or perhaps just a fleeting vision that meant nothing. Either way I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with Satan. The last time I was attacked by him in a dream was years a go, which now that I think of it might actually make a good poem if I can word it rightly.

Feb 28, 2016
Naboth,

what a pleasure to meet-up-with such a sensitive 'soul'...and at such a young age!

research is such a beneficial thing, but of course nothing can ever take the 'place of Jesus' Words'...
ie, at some point, we really begin to READ and then we weep...

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2017
Naboth,

what a pleasure to meet-up-with such a sensitive 'soul'...and at such a young age!

research is such a beneficial thing, but of course jt can ever take the 'place of Jesus' Words'...
ie, READ and then we weep...
Well thank you for your kind compliment. Not sure what flatters me more, that you think of me as a sensitive soul or that you think I am young lol, but I will take both as a compliment either way.

Research is pretty beneficial indeed and I am ever soaking up information like a sponge. I have read the entire Bible once through all ready, and am almost finished with my second complete read through. I have to say though I can't recall ever reading the Bible and then weeping, though there has been a many times I came weeping and then read it.