A story of life and death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sirk

I wanna tell you a story and I hope that you don't mind.....BTW...as a aside, I did not get that job. They called today and very nicely told me that they offered the job to someone else. In a way I feel relieved, and I know that God has a plan.... and.... I thank you for all who prayed about that :)......but back to my story.

I had a pretty productive day. I'm working on a cabin up the woods....in case you don't know, I am an electrician. Its about an hour from where I live and it has been in progress for almost two years...but that is a whole other story. When I was up there today I really took notice of the things around me. Rabbits were eating grass and such things....even saw a few deer, Of course you almost always see deer every single day in Mt....even in the city limits. I have no idea why I told you that but now back to my story......haha!

So some of you may know that I have chickens due to the fact that I mentioned on here that I was building a chicken coup. Of course the kids named the chickens and the only one I can remember is Oreo...oh and Sage and Tigris and Eeeeevan and thats all i got. There are nine of them.......well......were nine of them.

We also have this dog named Rufus....he's part Schitzu and something else......anyway....it turns out he is a blood thirst chicken murdering maddog ......he dug under the fence and killed four of em......all while I was happily playing away on my guitar learning my songs for this weekend....there was a heartless, gleeful murderous rampage going on right outside my door.

Of course my daughter...who gave them all names of course was pretty heartbroken and wanted daddy to bury them in the backyard.....as an aside......I was liking the chickens and was pretty sad when I was picking their little warm lifeless bodies up and putting them in a shoe box....they're about 4 weeks old btw. Oreo is alive as well as Tigris....unfortunately eeeevan and 3 of her sisters are no longer with us.

My daughter wanted to bury the chickens......I hugged her and told her how sorry I was, and that I was sad too.....I even welled up with tears...it was a pretty special moment with my little girl. I then kindly reminded her what we told her when we bought the chickens....that they will die and it will be sad.....but we bury our dogs and kitties in the yard....not chickens........and so I then started digging Rufus' hole.

Last edited:
M

mystikmind

I have never owned a dog that attacked my chickens.... seems that if they are raised from puppies around farm animals, then there good for life.

I would never build a chicken coup without anticipating animals (namely foxes) could try to dig under the fence!

Although, we did have a cat, a black cat with white on its belly just like the cartoon version,'Sylvester' hence the name we gave that cat. It kept getting my pet goldfish, ended up with several bricks on the lid to stop the cat, still didn't work!

Alas, sometimes animals can be very smart, and relentless,,,,

G

Galahad

I wanna tell you a story and I hope that you don't mind.....BTW...as a aside, I did not get that job. They called today and very nicely told me that they offered the job to someone else. In a way I feel relieved, and I know that God has a plan.... and.... I thank you for all who prayed about that :)......but back to my story.

I had a pretty productive day. I'm working on a cabin up the woods....in case you don't know, I am an electrician. Its about an hour from where I live and it has been in progress for almost two years...but that is a whole other story. When I was up there today I really took notice of the things around me. Rabbits were eating grass and such things....even saw a few deer, Of course you almost always see deer every single day in Mt....even in the city limits. I have no idea why I told you that but now back to my story......haha!

So some of you may know that I have chickens due to the fact that I mentioned on here that I was building a chicken coup. Of course the kids named the chickens and the only one I can remember is Oreo...oh and Sage and Tigris and Eeeeevan and thats all i got. There are nine of them.......well......were nine of them.

We also have this dog named Rufus....he's part Schitzu and something else......anyway....it turns out he is a blood thirst chicken murdering maddog ......he dug under the fence and killed four of em......all while I was happily playing away on my guitar learning my songs for this weekend....there was a heartless, gleeful murderous rampage going on right outside my door.

Of course my daughter...who gave them all names of course was pretty heartbroken and wanted daddy to bury them in the backyard.....as an aside......I was liking the chickens and was pretty sad when I was picking their little warm lifeless bodies up and putting them in a shoe box....they're about 4 weeks old btw. Oreo is alive as well as Tigris....unfortunately eeeevan and 3 of her sisters are no longer with us.

My daughter wanted to bury the chickens......I hugged her and told her how sorry I was, and that I was sad too.....I even welled up with tears...it was a pretty special moment with my little girl. I then kindly reminded her what we told her when we bought the chickens....that they will die and it will be sad.....but we bury our dogs and kitties in the yard....not chickens........and so I then started digging Rufus' hole.
Excellent. So much there.

Great experiences.

What's that saying "While Rome burned Nero played"? Something like that. Not comparing you to Nero.

You dug Rufus' grave! Hope you don't do away with Rufus. Or, was it "Since I'm digging graves, I might as well dig one for Rufus. He'll be gone in a few months (at least a few months).

Death is ugly. It truly is the way of all the earth.

Hope I'm not presumptuous... your daughter will always remember. What a picture of reality! We all die. A generation goes and another comes. None are shielded from it.

Excellent post.