A thank you to god

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yes i have been going through some spiritual battles of late. and usually I would beg god to take them away.And normally I would not see much results, or maybe there were results but i didn't notice them. But these past two days the lord has been very loyal and reliable to me. All because instead of complaining about my situations and problems I thanked him for them. I actually prayed that he would teach me to thank him for my problems and to see them in a new way, and he answered. I believe that the trials and problems we go through are not to be feared but to praise god for them because somehow they make us stronger. This is why I prayed for him to teach me to thanked him for them. So I praise god that he carried me through my problems instead of leading me away from them like i wanted, I praise god that I am learning the secret of being happy with being poor and hungry, that I am learning the secret of praising him even in the rough waters. Teach me o' lord and I will listen, show me father and i will see. So I pray that these words and this lesson will remain in my heart forever. To never run away from the battle but to call on the lord to carry me through. Thank you father for teaching me and to rely completely on you

H

hattiebod

Yes i have been going through some spiritual battles of late. and usually I would beg god to take them away.And normally I would not see much results, or maybe there were results but i didn't notice them. But these past two days the lord has been very loyal and reliable to me. All because instead of complaining about my situations and problems I thanked him for them. I actually prayed that he would teach me to thank him for my problems and to see them in a new way, and he answered. I believe that the trials and problems we go through are not to be feared but to praise god for them because somehow they make us stronger. This is why I prayed for him to teach me to thanked him for them. So I praise god that he carried me through my problems instead of leading me away from them like i wanted, I praise god that I am learning the secret of being happy with being poor and hungry, that I am learning the secret of praising him even in the rough waters. Teach me o' lord and I will listen, show me father and i will see. So I pray that these words and this lesson will remain in my heart forever. To never run away from the battle but to call on the lord to carry me through. Thank you father for teaching me and to rely completely on you
God is Good- All the Time :)

You are right, we often make our prayers a litany of wants & give me's. I remember reading on CC how someone had written 'God is not an ATM' to be used when needed, I liked that analogy a lot. We are to submit to God or we will have no authority. Praise Him for His Greatness, Thank Him for His Goodness, Worship Him for His Power. We enter into His presence through grace, and as we enter into His presence in prayer, then His work begins / continues in us. We need to surrender to Him, His majesty & authority, bowing to His will in all things. The essence of prayer is surrendering, dedicating ourselves to Gods Holy will. God Bless you, <><

K

kenisyes

A classic book three generations ago - "The Power in Praise" by Merlin Carothers is all about this. You have discovered an eternal truth. Praise and thanksgiving can break through the most difficult trials, by changing your opinion of them into God's opinion.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
OMG I found a psalm that my heart is saying to god, read psalm119 the whole thing explains what my heart is asking but my words could not express. Here is just a sample:Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the Lord.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—
[SUP]3 [/SUP]they do no wrong
but follow his ways.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me. [h=4]ב Beth[/h][SUP]9 [/SUP]How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.

K

kenisyes

That's the best way to use scripture. Learn it from God in your heart, then see the words to say it.

P

Powemm

You can also use your "own heart" and "own words" to create and bless God with the words he's given to " you" as well :)
He lives this !! As what he has out in you is to be shared directly with Him.. I write poetry .. It's sort of my hearts declaration to Him directly .. Me to Him.. He didn't only put words from
Others in there .. He gave us each something very special .. We are a display of His making .. what he's out in the psalmist heart he has also out in ours.. To sing praises to Him genuinely and creatively.. it's very freeing stepping outside the bondage if what religion says we have to do.. You are an individual created by a master .. don't keep your light under a basket .. Let it shine!!!

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I do devotional every morning and pray to God to give me understanding as i read his word. There days when i struggle to read his word. Sometimes i find a change in where i read helps like from the new testament to the old testament. Thaks for sharing your post, God Bless

J

jkalyna

Ty Blain for these beautiful words. God wrap you up in his arms and hold you always.

Attachments