A total change of direction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
When I was younger I knew exactly what I wanted to be. I was planning to go to college for art, to become a videogame artist. I was planning for it, I was so excited. I had a huge cocoon of videogame lifestyle around me that I hadn't realized had become an idolatry. I was still Christian, I loved God, but I hadn't really let Him into my plans for life yet. It was one day in class when I had an argument with one of my friends at the time, who is Buddhist, that I couldn't really "have it all." This broke me. It was a huge realization that I couldn't do all that I wanted, which would probably turn into eventually working on videogames that were super inappropriate for a Christian to work on, and I had no idea what to do. I went to class in a sort of haze, and also to my local Library as I usually did. I just sat down and remember thinking "God help me." And God met me there in such a way I still can't understand. I was truly changed and my whole life has changed since then. I still love videogames and am still an artist, but God has truly become part of my life in a deeper way.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
My original dream was not a very big one. I lived in Indiana the land of corn and taxes.... My original goal was to marry a farmer have 4 children of course they must be two boys and two girls and that was the big plan..... Talk about a derail. I ended up married at the age of 17 to a guy who was 18 and when he turned 21 trained to be a Police Officer who didn't want to have any children at all and I even told him I couldn't marry him because I wanted 4 children and he wanted none, but he said to me we can compromise and have 2 and I agreed to that.

When we hit our 20's he said to me if I got pregnant he would divorce me I wanted to go to marriage counseling and he refused it so I divorced him.... Then I met my daughters father and had Melisa not married and did everything backwards and the wrong way stayed single for 35 years raising our daughter by myself.

God was in and out of the picture because I was in and out of church not understanding salvation until God explained it to me at the age of 56 feeling lost most of the time. I am so thankful that even though things were so not the direction I had wanted to take that God showed me His mercy and love and saved me in spite of all my directional flaws.

He allowed me to find a godly man who loves Him on this site and Jerry is not a farmer either although for a while he was working in his brothers greenhouse/nursery he has also changed directions of employment and is now licensed to work in the medical field. So it is not all bad the direction changing as long as we end up walking with God....Life is good.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My original dream was not a very big one. I lived in Indiana the land of corn and taxes.... My original goal was to marry a farmer have 4 children of course they must be two boys and two girls and that was the big plan..... Talk about a derail. I ended up married at the age of 17 to a guy who was 18 and when he turned 21 trained to be a Police Officer who didn't want to have any children at all and I even told him I couldn't marry him because I wanted 4 children and he wanted none, but he said to me we can compromise and have 2 and I agreed to that.

When we hit our 20's he said to me if I got pregnant he would divorce me I wanted to go to marriage counseling and he refused it so I divorced him.... Then I met my daughters father and had Melisa not married and did everything backwards and the wrong way stayed single for 35 years raising our daughter by myself.

God was in and out of the picture because I was in and out of church not understanding salvation until God explained it to me at the age of 56 feeling lost most of the time. I am so thankful that even though things were so not the direction I had wanted to take that God showed me His mercy and love and saved me in spite of all my directional flaws.

He allowed me to find a godly man who loves Him on this site and Jerry is not a farmer either although for a while he was working in his brothers greenhouse/nursery he has also changed directions of employment and is now licensed to work in the medical field. So it is not all bad the direction changing as long as we end up walking with God....Life is good.
Life certainly is good. God caused our paths to cross and now we are heading in the same direction.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
When I was young I wanted to be an adventurer, I wanted to explore and go on adventures but as I grew older that dream faded and I had no plans for the fututre and didn't know what I wanted to be but then I met God and he showed me who I am to be:)

FIRE_of_ELIJAH

Feb 5, 2013
When I was young I wanted to be an adventurer, I wanted to explore and go on adventures but as I grew older that dream faded and I had no plans for the fututre and didn't know what I wanted to be but then I met God and he showed me who I am to be:)
LoL how funny reading your post, as if you're in your 60's. You're still young, there are a lot of things u need to learn in the future.

S

sveinen

LoL how funny reading your post, as if you're in your 60's. You're still young, there are a lot of things u need to learn in the future.
Christ Easily Has 14 year olds wise as 60. He Can Teach you Perfectly till you're 6. you're Possibly His God then :) ..no matter whether He Taught you much, really :) not the trolls, me thinks. guess they shall not see six. for their own sake.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
What are you talking about?....you are still young....lol Go and be that Adventurer and if you continue to let God lead in your life I can promise you that you will have many adventures..... You are one amusing kid to me.... keep smiling God loves you. P.S. God is leading me on adventures and I'm 60......lol

FIRE_of_ELIJAH

Feb 5, 2013
Christ Easily Has 14 year olds wise as 60. He Can Teach you Perfectly till you're 6. you're Possibly His God then :) ..no matter whether He Taught you much, really :) not the trolls, me thinks. guess they shall not see six. for their own sake.
Hey bro ! I don't get what you are trying to say. :cool: You seem like a rapper though, yo yo yo man break it down LoL, kinda like that. What is really your intention for coming here? are u here for entertainment?or are u really here to learn?

I've been seeing your posts over a few a days in testimony section that makes no sense. It appears as spamming and defiling, people will be wasted their time reading those. If you really do have genuine testimonies, please do it honestly and properly. Stop posting nonsense. I'm not mad or being rude at you, i just want to let you know. Still you're my brother in Christ, ok God bless.

S

sveinen

Hey bro ! I don't get what you are trying to say. :cool: You seem like a rapper though, yo yo yo man break it down LoL, kinda like that. What is really your intention for coming here? are u here for entertainment?or are u really here to learn?

I've been seeing your posts over a few a days in testimony section that makes no sense. It appears as spamming and defiling, people will be wasted their time reading those. If you really do have genuine testimonies, please do it honestly and properly. Stop posting nonsense. I'm not mad or being rude at you, i just want to let you know. Still you're my brother in Christ, ok God bless.
i'm not posting nonsense, really. not much, anyhow :p
i realize my posts in testimony section don't look to good, like. just i got something to post, man. some things you got to share somewhere sometimes.
you never saw nobody honest and proper like me. please stop your attacks.
my posts are not waste of time. they might seem strange, but if you're not rushing, reading unwell or here to harrass you might see one :)
we does aims for fewer thread from over here like though :p
start some intention-thread man..
kiss kiss

FIRE_of_ELIJAH

Feb 5, 2013
i'm not posting nonsense, really. not much, anyhow :p
i realize my posts in testimony section don't look to good, like. just i got something to post, man. some things you got to share somewhere sometimes.
you never saw nobody honest and proper like me. please stop your attacks.
my posts are not waste of time. they might seem strange, but if you're not rushing, reading unwell or here to harrass you might see one :)
we does aims for fewer thread from over here like though :p
start some intention-thread man..
kiss kiss
You know what, you are being ridiculous by taking a stand with your nonsense. I'm not attacking you, i'm just showing you how all your posts were really look like and hoping you can realize that. But unfortunately, you are unteachable and stubborn. In that case, I can no longer cure your foolishness. Just continue trolling and see what happen to your account one day :cool:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You know what, you are being ridiculous by taking a stand with your nonsense. I'm not attacking you, i'm just showing you how all your posts were really look like and hoping you can realize that. But unfortunately, you are unteachable and stubborn. In that case, I can no longer cure your foolishness. Just continue trolling and see what happen to your account one day :cool:

Don't waste your breath, Elijah.. he never makes a lick of sense in any of his posts.. I dont even bother reading them.. :)

FIRE_of_ELIJAH

Feb 5, 2013
Don't waste your breath, Elijah.. he never makes a lick of sense in any of his posts.. I dont even bother reading them.. :)
I really apologize to everyone here especially to the OP. It's kind of having a hard time with this guy in this thread, it's embarrassing. Really this guy is getting in my nerve a bit, He got talent to annoy people. I hope God will forgive me also. Thanks for the advice, i will not wasting my time to this guy anymore. ok God bless

S

sveinen

you're not here to cure me. i somewhat doubt you ever could.
i was Saved To Any Extent Christ Wants Me to be.
i Got My Stand With Christ.
"may He Pardon your tongue."

S

sveinen

sorry about the mess.
sorry to "have lost miss ladybug." i was just having love for her.
let philippino fire be embarrassed about himself :)
love

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
sorry about the mess.
sorry to "have lost miss ladybug." i was just having love for her.
let philippino fire be embarrassed about himself :)
love
I don't mean any offense, sveinen. To me, your posts just dont make much sense. Maybe its just the language barrier or something..or you just think differently than the rest of us. :)

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I really don't understand this either but no worries.

Hahaha Blain you have to go on adventures! Like rolling down a hill or building a blanket fort XDD

C

ChristIsGod

I thought that Brother sveinen is trying to communicate here through an Armenian to English Translator.

Regardless, he is in another country and whenever we see a different flag, shouldn't we take that into consideration first?

Anyhow - God Bless you ArtsieSteph and Blain!

I didn't get saved until I was 23 but I sure wasn't a 'kid' at that age. I was married, had a daughter and was in the military for 3 yrs by then. Some blessed people get saved at a much younger age. Calvin wrote his Institutes after being saved for 2 yrs. Don't know why I'm telling you that because I don't think a novice should be writing books that are considered all but Scripture down through the ages - though Scripture says a novice shouldn't but there are others that were not saved that long and became missionaries, evangelists, preachers, book writers, and just us plain ol' servants for the King of kings.

I've met 18 yr olds on forums that walked the walk and a much deeper walk then some senior citizens did and I'd go looking for what they'd post every day there. Pretty Neat - I Love it!! :D

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
I thought that Brother sveinen is trying to communicate here through an Armenian to English Translator.

Regardless, he is in another country and whenever we see a different flag, shouldn't we take that into consideration first?
Awesome ChristIsGod.
I may not understand sveinen often,....but that seems okay.....
because I've seen people type out perfect sentences on CC,...and yet, still not make a whole lot of sense either.
:rolleyes:

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona

Regardless, he is in another country and whenever we see a different flag, shouldn't we take that into consideration first
Oooooooooooooooooooooh gotcha! That makes sense, I've tried doing different languages with google translate and then a retranslate them into English. Makes NOOOOOOOOOO sense.

FIRE_of_ELIJAH

Feb 5, 2013
Yeah i could be wrong, maybe brother sveinen is trying to communicate with us, how I hope I was wrong with my judgment against him. But this is not the first time he responded to my post. In other thread he replied to me out of nowhere and some of his comments were clearly understandable (which was unchristian),although mostly were not. I have no grudge at this guy or something. I just don't get him why he keep posting at testimonies section without so much sense. others are trying to warn him also in which im not the only one. Well, none is perfect here, still im giving him the consideration. ok God bless everyone.