A way to utilize my gift

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

arwen83

This might be an odd request. I'm a creative person. I an intuitive and perceptive. It is who I am- a gift from God. But I haven't found a medium to express myself. I have so much inside me waiting to come out. such an urge to express to the world. I tried writing, painting and photography and nothing satisfies. Maybe I haven't developed skills. Anyways, please pray that God could show me a way. I feel so frustrated and stuck with these feelings but without a medium to express them to the world. I believe this to be apart of God's plan for me. I need a way. Please pray for revelation . Thank you

God, please hear my prayer. Speak to me.
Amen

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I would say sewing, but that's just because I like sewing. :cool:

God, please show arwen what You'd like her to do with her life. In every way that You will. Also thank You that she joined cc, because... well, just because. Amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for all you ask in Jesus's name, that all will be revieled soon. :)

Maby taking those things that are old or thrown away, and reworking all to a new use or art.
reperposing is becomeing very big right now, and has endless possibuilities. :)

God bless
pickles

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Start or join a social group. I have a bunch of Christian friends who started/are heavily involved in a Creative Arts group at uni, fairly broad group and does a lot of different things. It's amazing seeing how they work. :)

- fail response to prayer request - :D

A

arwen83

Thanks for your suggestions and prayers. Stuey, I think its some so personal, that I need to do it alone. I think by joining a creative arts group at uni I would just compare my work with others and get discouraged and stop. I will not longer be doing it for myself or for the purpose of expressing who God has made me. I feel like I am bursting at the seams but no way to channel it. But in any case, I feel that I need to do it alone for it to remain meaningful.

J

Jordache

It's that sense of never being satisfied that drives you to more. If you ever wrote or painted something that perfectly encompassed your heart, you would leave yourself hopeless and hollow. If you are artistic which you seem to be, then do whatever you do as for The Lord. Explore what gifting The Lord wants to use you in. I personally believe that we have a motivational gift that we are strongest in. Find that gift and pursue it in all that you do. Pursue other gifts though this lense.

A

arwen83

It's that sense of never being satisfied that drives you to more. If you ever wrote or painted something that perfectly encompassed your heart, you would leave yourself hopeless and hollow. If you are artistic which you seem to be, then do whatever you do as for The Lord. Explore what gifting The Lord wants to use you in. I personally believe that we have a motivational gift that we are strongest in. Find that gift and pursue it in all that you do. Pursue other gifts though this lense.
Thank you so much for this. It resonates.

A

arwen83

Tried that, I am not coordinated and my meds cause dizziness. I wish I could write poetry, stories, or lyrics or play guitar- like something that expresses my soul through my voice, strumming or words. Something deep. I've attempted these but whatever I do it doesn't feel right. I don't know.

V

violakat

There are so many ways to be creative, it doesn't have to be like a poem or photography. Sewing, as Poptart is one. So is cooking, gardening, caring for others, music, etc. Ask yourself, what are you drawn to the most? What have you always wanted to do but never tried?

Remember, it's never to late to learn to do something, unless you give up on yourself. Just ask some of my students who picked the violin up in their 60's.

A

arwen83

There are so many ways to be creative, it doesn't have to be like a poem or photography. Sewing, as Poptart is one. So is cooking, gardening, caring for others, music, etc. Ask yourself, what are you drawn to the most? What have you always wanted to do but never tried?

Remember, it's never to late to learn to do something, unless you give up on yourself. Just ask some of my students who picked the violin up in their 60's.
I'm drawn to music, photography and books.

A

Ariel82

you know what I would love to do if I ever found the time? write and illustrate a children's Bible.

Or teach the elderly how to paint or draw.

anyway I'll keep you in my prayers and hope God reveals a way to use your talents to share with the world. :)

V

violakat

Ok, so you're drawn to books, music, and photography. Have you taken classes to help you in any of those? If not, they why not? You claim it didn't satisfy you. Could that be because you've not learned how to do any of the above. Or maybe you haven't practiced enough. Yes, it does take talent to produce great works of art, but it takes more practice and learning to be able to achieve anything.

V

violakat

I'm not sure if my last sounded a little rude to you, Arwen, but if it did, I'm sorry.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Ill keep praying that God will show you your joy. :)
I used to paint and draw, but my arthritis effected my hands so much that its a rare day whan I can do this anymore.
I was feeling low when an idea was given in a simple need.
We had eagles attcking our pets and cats in our yard, I was told to hand some shiney things in the trees.
Well the suggestion became a work of art that keeps growing.
I deciede to hang old chandaleer crystals, prisms in the trees in my yard.
Well, it has grown now to over three thousnand prisms all through the trees, and rock crystals all through the garden.
I now have strangers stopping at my home asking to see my garden, as they had heard about it from others.
who knew that a problem, when given to God, became not just a solution, but a work that has filled the desire of my heart in art.
Scripture says,man may plan his course, but God determines his steps! :)
God Our Father will determine your steps, just keep trusting in Him, and it will be revieled. :)
Ill keep praying.

in Jesus, God bless
pickles

Last edited:
D

dashadow

I know how you feel. I've always been very creative, art, poetry, dancing, singing, etc. I've always preferred to do things on my own as well. But I've found it helps to also be a part of something larger. One can learn a great deal working with others who have similar interests. You can learn to perfect your talent and still do your own thing.

My daughter is also very artistic. And in just a short amount of time working with a member here that I recently met, she and I have learned a great deal about how to use our gifts. We've been collaborating with kenisyes on a project of his. His knowledge of music has been so helpful to us.

I'm still busy transitioning my daughter to homeschooling and with other matters. So I haven't been able to devote as much time to the project as I would like. But that's the beauty of it. Ken allows us to participate as we are able to. There's no pressure and we can use what we learn to do whatever projects we feel The Lord guides us to do, as well as the group project. The whole experience has been both helpful and fun.

I pray God guides you in using your gifts to His glory.

V

violakat

I know how you feel. I've always been very creative, art, poetry, dancing, singing, etc. I've always preferred to do things on my own as well. But I've found it helps to also be a part of something larger. One can learn a great deal working with others who have similar interests. You can learn to perfect your talent and still do your own thing.

My daughter is also very artistic. And in just a short amount of time working with a member here that I recently met, she and I have learned a great deal about how to use our gifts. We've been collaborating with kenisyes on a project of his. His knowledge of music has been so helpful to us.

I'm still busy transitioning my daughter to homeschooling and with other matters. So I haven't been able to devote as much time to the project as I would like. But that's the beauty of it. Ken allows us to participate as we are able to. There's no pressure and we can use what we learn to do whatever projects we feel The Lord guides us to do, as well as the group project. The whole experience has been both helpful and fun.

I pray God guides you in using your gifts to His glory.
Let me know if you need help with the homeschooling. Also, if you take up the violin or other stringed instrument, I can help with that. Not sure if Kenisyes plays them, but if he does, I'm sure he can there too.

J

Jordache

I am a writer. Often time I will have a theme percolating in my hear for a long time, but its as if I have writers block. Words simply escape me. I sit with pen and paper and nothing comes out right. So I wait. Everytime, in Gods perfect timing, God brings me to a place where I finally sit and create something that I feel encompasses what I want to communicate. But it takes many failed attempts before I get there.