A whole big pile of shame

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I must warn you, women mostly, please be careful with what you say to me about modesty. I am slowly learning to hear it, but due to my mother I hear only shame.
Last night I was with my counselor who decided to graciously overview modesty with me. Now I have my moments, but overall I cover up adequately. But on special occasions I will wear a short dress. At my birthday party was one such day. I know how to carry myself. I never flashed anyone, and I knew every person who would be at my party. Most, like 90%, were women. The others were safe and Godly men. I can think of two occassions in the past year when I wore a short dress. One was a women's event. One was my party. As my couns door was talking I felt little more than shame. I don't understand why anyone would look at me, but she said I was being a bad example for church women. I talk to several people, men and women alike, about clothes and they rarely have much to say. I love to dress up but there just clothes I would never wear to church in the same way I may wear them out for a drink with ny girlfriends. I wear knee length dresses or pants and cover my shoulders always when I'm on stage. Sometimes when I'm not in stage I'll wear a shorter dress with leggings.
Anyways, after the convo with my counselor I texted my friend an apology because I felt like I'd dishonored his home. He said he'd spoken with his wife and they felt I was dressed appropriately for my party. But with the mess of shame in my mind, I ended up in a texting convo with a long distance friend that went far beyond where it should have gone.
So I wake up today and I've been lying here for 2.5 hrs and can't get out of bed. I really want to hurt myself.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jordache, dont let this cause you to feel shame, for Jesus did not come to condemn, but to save.
Prayiing in Jesus that you will find His peace in all you choose and do. :)

Hugs and God bless
pickles

Sep 8, 2012
Try not to let other people's opinions rule or ruin your life.
People generally don't know what they are talking about.
Let the still, small voice be your guide.

O

OFM

Sister Jordan i am praying for you as are others especially so many spiritual much mature Christian Sisters in the Lord.Do not view ur self this way your transformed as a beautiful radinant christian in the Kingdom of God The The Kingdom of Heaven and the Church the Body of Christ.

C

chuinchoy

i think sisters should wear modestly when going to church because that place is holy sanctuary of God. Let me share with you what my church pastor said couple of years ago. He said that it was a challenged for Him each time he distribute the bread during holy communion. When sisters kneel down to receive the bread, he is suppose to look at the sister and say "this is the body of christ given to you" and put the bread on the sister hand. When he is looking at the sister, he see the sister pair of breast. So in embarrassment, henceforth, he would look at front (the congregation) when doing this. After this message, the sisters got the point and henceforth wears blouse and long pant when that day is holy communion.

Sep 8, 2012
i think sisters should wear modestly when going to church because that place is holy sanctuary of God. Let me share with you what my church pastor said couple of years ago. He said that it was a challenged for Him each time he distribute the bread during holy communion. When sisters kneel down to receive the bread, he is suppose to look at the sister and say "this is the body of christ given to you" and put the bread on the sister hand. When he is looking at the sister, he see the sister pair of breast. So in embarrassment, henceforth, he would look at front (the congregation) when doing this. After this message, the sisters got the point and henceforth wears blouse and long pant when that day is holy communion.

What? Parsing out the body of Christ and being tempted by bossoms?!?
Maybe therein lies a lesson.......don't literally eat the body of Christ, especially if it is being given by
someone who has a hard on.

N

nw2u

Whether you made a mistake or not is not for me to say. Jesus forgives our sins if we ask and are sincere. Why not ask him to forgive you and renew your faith in Him? If you need new clothes, then get some. This too shall pass.

Prayers sent for you.