A word from God to those who have an ear to hear!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2012
THIS IS A WORD GOD WANTED TO SPEAK TO YOU!

Using His own words if you read this as though the number of the verses were not there and let God speak to you out of his own mouth. He will tell you who are teaching you that he did not call to do so. Read this with God's understanding. These scriptures are from the Bible, so if the spelling is misspelled that something I cannot change. I am not allowed to touch the original words in the Bible. So I am not about to tempt to correct them because that would be like if I were adding or taking away from God's word. It is too much of that going around through the teaching of His word. This is how Satan has manipulated God's words through those that say they are teaching God's word after they have added and taking away from it through their teaching of God's word to those that will hear their lies. This is what God wants to say to you. I hope His word touch those that it was meant to touch.

Jeremiah 23:21 I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. Jeremiah 23:11 For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. Jeremiah 23:25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed [such as the rapture]. Colossians 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. Matthew 15:9 And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men. Acts 20:29-31 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

2 Timothy 4:3,4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth , and be turned aside to fables. Matthew 7:15-16
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. [16] Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Ezekiel 34: 19 And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; 2 Peter 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them. 2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

P

Perk

I don't want to be confrontational, but the way you made your argument here has what is known as a logical fallacy. You claim, "I am not allowed to touch the original words in the Bible." However, in claiming that you do exactly opposite of what you claim. You take not just one word and re-arrange them to make your point, but you take entire scriptures and re-arrange them to make your point. Could it not be that in God's ultimate grace and wisdom that He ordained the scriptures to be read in a certain order? That "CONTEXT" was in fact important?

Again, I don't mean to be rude, because I believe I see your point or argument and for the most part I would agree, however, for the sake of a convincing point, I would definitely try to avoid such a simple logical fallacy in the future. To say that you are not going to touch the words of scripture and then re-arrange them to make a point is very transparent.

An example would be me taking a word from each verse you listed above and coming up with something completely absurd and unbiblical. I'll give you an example using only words from what you quoted above.

"prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing gather good doctrines. The serpent is in Christ." See? That is totally absurd and unbiblical, yet is came from re-arranging scriptures you provided.

A

A-miss-Saved-by-GRACE

I agree Perk.
Is very very very important to read the scriptures in context.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It is done in degrees.
A verse is found in context of the verses before and after. Those verses are found in context of the chapter and the chapter in context of the book it is found. Lastly the individual book is found in context of the other 65 books of the bible whose central theme all points to the redemption of man through our Lord Jesus Christ.

K

kenisyes

The point is sound: "We must be careful not to listen to false prophets and false teachers". He says it is a word God wants to speak, and I see no reason to believe it is not. It is always a fact of Scripture that we must be aware of false prophets and teachers. If God wishes to remind us of that now, what is wrong with that?

The only part that one might disagree with is that "there is too much of that going around" and that it is happening through people making subtle changes in God's word. Those are in the first paragraph, which is not part of what he believes God is saying, so they are his opinion.

I see people saying that rearranging Scriptures out of context is wrong, but I don't really see him doing that. Maybe I just know the context too well, and I am adding it back in my own mind. Do you agree that we are seeing teachings here that suffer from people making subtle changes to the Word of God? Do you agree this is not a good thing? Do you think it is happening "too much"?