Abortions on the incline or decline?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheGrungeDiva

I see where you're going here.
Hmmm ... I don't think so. You still don't seem to understand my hypothesis.

Adoption is not the same as abortion,
I never said it was, and I have no idea where you got that idea.

I said usually those who are against allowing abortions to remain legal say that adoption is a better alternative to abortion. Do you think that women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy should not consider adoption as an option? Should their only choices be abortion or keep the child? That doesn't really make sense to me. If this is what you're saying, you're going to have to explain why you feel that way.

and to imply that adoption is dehumanizing just doesn't make sense. I know a little girl who was adopted and she has the most loving family she could ever have.
Great -- for your friend, it worked out well. She was adopted by a loving family. There are thousands -- maybe millions -- of children who do NOT have a happy ending. They end up getting bounced from foster home to foster home. Some of them can pull through and succeed despite this, but I know many who could not. Finding one example -- or even a thousand examples -- of cases where it worked does not negate the times when children ARE devalued.

Now, back to your first question. I don't think it would be a good thing because it won't save lives. It will kill more lives (assuming this hypothetical situation was real). We have abortion already, we dont't need more procedures where babies can be thrown away to the trash because they are a burden to society.
No, you totally missed the whole point of the hypothesis. The point of this was that these un-born babies would NOT be "thrown away." Hopefully, they would be adopted by parents who wanted them for whatever reason -- couples who wanted to have children, can't have their own for various reasons, this would be perhaps a better option than adoption, because it allows for better bonding between parent and child, saves money, is much safer -- both for mom and child...

I NEVER suggested "throwing them away." Scanning through the thread, you're the only one who has brought that up. Which somewhat begs the question: if you think embryos are so disposable that you read "throw them away" into a paragraph that never mentions or hints at it, what does that say?

If you are willing, please re-read the original post, keeping in mind that I am NOT suggesting that anyone kill these embryos. On the contrary, I am suggesting a hypothetical solution for all unwanted pregnancies to be saved, not killed. Re-read it, as I wrote it, and tell me why this is a bad thing.

It sounds to me like you're saying it's better for a fetus to be aborted than dehumanized, and that still makes no sense.