About sexual sin and salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sassylady

I always want to ask somebody this, and I know it's not up to us to decide who is going to Heaven and who is not.

My ex was at once very close to the Lord, and as some know he gradually got farther and farther from the Lord, didn't spend time in the Word, etc. Eventually he molested our daughters, which he has never to my knowledge admitted to. He has said child services brainwashed us and it was actually my dad that did it, which the girls said never happened. They know what he did.

If he died right now without confessing would he go to Heaven? I do feel concerned about it regardless of what he did to us and I pray for him often.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I always want to ask somebody this, and I know it's not up to us to decide who is going to Heaven and who is not.

My ex was at once very close to the Lord, and as some know he gradually got farther and farther from the Lord, didn't spend time in the Word, etc. Eventually he molested our daughters, which he has never to my knowledge admitted to. He has said child services brainwashed us and it was actually my dad that did it, which the girls said never happened. They know what he did.

If he died right now without confessing would he go to Heaven? I do feel concerned about it regardless of what he did to us and I pray for him often.
It is my belief that God hears and answers all prayers. Having prayed for your ex's salvation, at the moment of death, he will spend eternity in the presence of God.

B

BarlyGurl

First, I want to acknowledge your obvious position of "forgiveness" and "concern for souls" in this really ugly scenario. Glory to God, may he bless your faithfulness.

I do encourage you to continue to PRAY for your this man's repentance and salvation as the spirit leads you.... but you must not be tortured over it being YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.... your husband MUST repent himself... you cannot repent for him...GOD is righteous and just... HE discerns the intentions of the heart FULLY... we cannot.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
If what you say is true which is to have fallen away from God altogether, then I believe he lost his salvation.

He needs to repent and get back right with the Lord. However, I think scripture says, he never knew the Lord if he has fallen away too..

I think this one of those theological situations that people have different takes on... not to mention the idea of NEVER being able to lose your salvation.

ALL that being said, the simple solution to this problem is that he just gets back to God. He needs to confess the sin to God, repent, and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior... GENUINELY.

K

KennethC

There are two sides to this situation and that is how it effects you and the other is how he deals with it.

For you and your daughters forgiving him for what he has done does fall on your shoulders, and as you have said you constantly pray for him. In the process if you have not come to terms with forgiving him yet then you should also pray to God for that as well to soften your hearts as well as your daughters so that you or them do not hold it over him and never forgive.

For we must remember the Lord also said if we do not forgive others, neither will we be forgiven.

As for him he has to repent to God and confess that sin himself to be forgiven of it, or he will fall into the hands of God if he continues in unrepented sins.

There are way to many scriptures in the NT speaking of falling away or departing from the faith where the outcome in those same passages shows the ending to not be that of eternal life. Acts 20:28-31 Apostle Paul says even disciples will be drawn away and not spared.

Keep praying for all of you, as I will as well, for any form of resentment that may exist will hinder one's spiritual growth in the faith !!!

A

atwhatcost

If he was saved, he is saved. Period. God does that one time and it takes. God doesn't take it back ever! (John 6:35-40) That ex doesn't seem to have walked out sanctification much seems to point to either he never was saved or he has had one humongously long horrendous, terrible backslide out of all this that he will have repent from before his life is over.

I can't tell you which it is, although I suspect it is one, but not the other. I'm not God, so no way I truly know until eternity with God. Even then? Not so sure we find out, since there is no tears or sorrow in heaven.

I DO know God loves YOU so very much!

S

sassylady

We have all forgiven him; we do not want contact with him, especially since he has not even admitted responsibility. He has become an extremely arrogant person, last I saw of him, and his mother enables him, according to his sister. We all just hope if we never see him again in this life, we see him in Heaven.