abstinence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bucko101c

As a part of pre marital therapy. My fiance and myself have decided to be abstinant until our wedding night. But there is an additional step of no self pleasure and I am having a hard time with this challenge. I know this will only make us stronger as a couple. I am looking for advice and support. Any ideas are welcome or if you know of a better place to post please let me know.

S

sveinen

how do you do.
drink much water.
hold something in your hands. there are different types of hammer-times. remember that one and you might live, ey :p

bafa

Nov 30, 2014
;)i'm suffering the same lol!

4Marriage is honourable in all,and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge .
Hebrews 13

35 And this I speak for your own profit ; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which iscomely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction. 36 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age , and need sorequire , let him do what he will , he sinneth not: let them marry . 37 Nevertheless he that standethstedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed inhis heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well. 38 So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.:eek::D
1 Corinthians 7:

bafa

Nov 30, 2014
;)i'm suffering the same lol!

4Marriage is honourableinall,and the bedundefiled:butwhoremongersandadulterersGod will judge .
Hebrews 13

35 And this I speak for your own profit ; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which iscomely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction. 36But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age , and need sorequire , let him do what he will , he sinneth not: let them marry . 37 Nevertheless he that standethstedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed inhis heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well. 38 So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.:eek::D
1 Corinthians 7:

that should be :
*Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongeres and adulteres God will judge.
*and need so require
*standeth steadfast
*in his

:rolleyes:

bafa

Nov 30, 2014
that should be :
*Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongeres and adulteres God will judge.
*and need so require
*standeth steadfast
*in his

:rolleyes:
:confused:

B

bucko101c

Thank you for the replies. I am trying I prayed about the decision to abstain and with a resounding you should here I am

B

bluebirdchaser

You're welcome here. That's a good decision to make and I wish you all the best in your marriage :)

B

butterfly712

Hello welcome,I hope you enjoy it here. :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​hello and welcome to CC. This thread would probably get more attention in the Family forum. :)