accepting Gods will

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

osh

Its about a life partner...God knows my every desire regarding a life partner...most of all i want a person who will be my best christian friend...i wanted someone with whom i will grow in the Lord with...and all the other things including physical appearance God knows my desires...
There is a guy who is interested in me....people had suggested him to me before but i had said no because i somehow didnt feel so...He is a nice guy, same profession as i am, and all that...but i guess frankly he is not what i had wanted. (ok let me be honest...he is short , probably shorter than me)...i know that sounds terrible of me but please bear with it...When i said no to my parents before( they had also suggested), they let it go...
And i have been praying sincerely fr God to show me the right person..
Now recently this guy expressed his interest in me...and my whole family is all happy n excited...n they are suggesting i accept ...Im on the older side n everyone feels i wont get a better guy...n its simply breaking my heart cos its not wat i wanted but at the same time Im wondering if its Gods will for me and shud i jus go ahead n accept?
i know no one can tell me the exact answer.... but is it upsetting to accept Gods will, especially in regards to choices like this...

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
Don't base your judgement on looks alone.God promised to grant our desires - but those according to His will. There is no guarantee that if you want a tall brunette man let's say, God will give you that. You said you want a best Christian friend. The man who could be that for you may have a different look than what you imagined. Of course you won't be able to be with someone that you find physically repulsive, but did you give this man a chance, see who he really is, if his personality attracts you and if you think he could make you happy? If you don't like him as a person, then go with what your heart says. It is definitely not upsetting to accept Gods will. If he is right for you, God will show you that and you will be happy about it. Don't do it just because others say you should. May God lead you!

I

ilavjesus

follow your heart not your mind..i always had an issue with this..and until now i havent met the mr. right....so we should follow God's will

P

preachersaul

Going out for a coffe or dinner with this guy isn't saying you'll marry him. Get to know him, go out a few times. If you still don't want to be with him then say sorry, but no thanks. Keep praying. When Jesus said ask and you shall receive, this is a bad translation. It means go on asking, continue asking. Believe me if the Lord wants you to marry this guy he'll be the right guy for you. Being short doesn't mean he won't be head and shoulders above the rest in every other way.

N

nw2u

Its about a life partner...God knows my every desire regarding a life partner...most of all i want a person who will be my best christian friend...i wanted someone with whom i will grow in the Lord with...and all the other things including physical appearance God knows my desires...
There is a guy who is interested in me....people had suggested him to me before but i had said no because i somehow didnt feel so...He is a nice guy, same profession as i am, and all that...but i guess frankly he is not what i had wanted. (ok let me be honest...he is short , probably shorter than me)...i know that sounds terrible of me but please bear with it...When i said no to my parents before( they had also suggested), they let it go...
Now recently this guy expressed his interest in me...and my whole family is all happy n excited...n they are suggesting i accept ...Im on the older side n everyone feels i wont get a better guy...n its simply breaking my heart cos its not wat i wanted but at the same time Im wondering if its Gods will for me and shud i jus go ahead n accept?
i know no one can tell me the exact answer.... but is it upsetting to accept Gods will, especially in regards to choices like this...
30 is on the older side? Okay, if you say so. Sounds as if maybe you aren't giving yourself a chance?

U

Ugly

Don't let what others want interfere with doing whats right. If you aren't interested in this guy, then don't be with him. If you choose to be with him to give in to pressure from family all you will do is end up miserable and unhappy married to someone you don't want to be with.

30 is on the older side? Okay, if you say so. Sounds as if maybe you aren't giving yourself a chance?
It could be a cultural ideal. If i'm not mistaken in Indian and many Middle Eastern countries they even marry younger than 18. I know the Muslim Brotherhood is trying to make law that 9 year old girls are able to marry. And this is already happening. They already even have 14 year old couples marrying.

G

GreenNnice

Don't base your judgement on looks alone.God promised to grant our desires - but those according to His will. There is no guarantee that if you want a tall brunette man let's say, God will give you that. You said you want a best Christian friend. The man who could be that for you may have a different look than what you imagined. Of course you won't be able to be with someone that you find physically repulsive, but did you give this man a chance, see who he really is, if his personality attracts you and if you think he could make you happy? If you don't like him as a person, then go with what your heart says. It is definitely not upsetting to accept Gods will. If he is right for you, God will show you that and you will be happy about it. Don't do it just because others say you should. May God lead you!
Pray. Go to His Word. Talk to God about the things that you matter most in a man, and, don't worry, God will tell you the best--perfect--things for you to hear after that.
Pslms 37:4

Trust in Him. The Lord leads. Be led.
Prov. 3:5,6

You want God's perfect will for such a determining d ecision as this, He will tell you, perfectly, what is best for you then, jeen, milady :)

Last edited by a moderator: