Accountability Partners

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lovesgod

Can anyone tell me what to expect when I get my accountablility partner in a few weeks. We are doing this in my youth group. I'm worried about this because there has been alot of things that have happened and I have trust issues with some of the people in my group. What can I do if i get partnered with the person that I don't trust.

Jan 20, 2010
I really don't know, I've never had one, I had a few on therebelution.com but I don't enjoy the site sometimes and at first no one wanted to ge my partner then they stopped answering all together :/

L

lovesgod

Oh. This will be the first time we have done this. I think i'm the only one that is scard about doing this out of everyone in my group. Its like everyone else has a realationship with eveyone in the group but me

Jan 20, 2010
That seems to happen to me a lot, most people think I'm quite strange

L

lovesgod

It's been happening to me alot lately. I don't know how to fix that. They think i'm some kind of freak because i keep everything to myself

Jan 20, 2010
I don't keep everything to myself, but I have different tastes than most other christian people I know.

A lot of people seem to think that if someone is different they are not christian.

L

lovesgod

Yeah i know. I think that things are going to be werid because there is someone in my youth group that I like. I don't know if i can tell them whats really wrong since i like that person.

B

BellaFlor

If you think this is very difficult to you, I think you'd better tell the one that has put up this idea in the group. I don't think anyone should feel forced to do this, if being a bit afraid, and not knowing if one can trust safely on most of them.

Perhaps you can stay out from this and enjoy just spending time and getting more known with most of the ones in your group? Some people might be very open for doing a project like this at once, whilst others might need a bit more time to building up trust.

L

lovesgod

I really want to do this. Its just my partner is the guy that i like.

B

BellaFlor

Ah... Okay, then I sure get you. A bit embarrassing, huh? ;)
Still, perhaps this is a way for you getting more known with him? :)

But if this makes you just feel more uncomfortable, well, then you can also say that you'd prefer most having a female person as an accountability partner. That should work too, and then no one needs getting to suspicious. It is often best having an accountability partner being of the same gender as well anyways. :)

L

lovesgod

Yeah it is a bit embarrasssing. But i feel conferable talkin to that person as long i don't have to talk about who i like and all. If we can avoid that then i should make it but i really don't know if we can avoid that or not

A

asamanthinketh

If you feel uncomfortable or unsure for any reason, ask for another partner.

Think of it like if you were living in a college dorm and you and your roomate were not getting along, then you would ask to be switched to a new room with someone who you related to better.

Not everyone will have the same experiences or strengths as you.

I don't know the reason you have an accountability partner, but trusting the others knowledge, honestly, and ability to do what you need, and follow through and stay commited, is very important, especially if this is serious for you.

And yes they might take offense to you not feeling comfortable with them, but if you're all in it together, then everyone should be working together to accomplish whatever it is your're doing.

L

lovesgod

I know. It's just that i like my partner more then just a friend

A

asamanthinketh

well if you like them more than just a friend, how can you have trust issues.

did they do something harmful to you?

are you similar in age, maturity, is there anyone else watching what is going on.

if you're not able to protect, and make choices you feel confident in, then speak up, I can't guarnatee someone will actually listen and help you, but this your one and only life.

sometimes we find ourselves in situations like in war, where you have to be quick and if you don't make the right decisions it can do damage to your life.

but guess what, not everyone judges you in the same way.

maybe you are taking it too serious. I don't know. this is just general advice.

L

lovesgod

Idk. Alot of my friends in my youth group, is the same way as I am