Admitted Feelings=Lost Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
is it a coworker crush thing.
I think I asked this before about work stories and people getting too involved with their coworkers...not a good idea but in some occupations, possibly unavoidable.

At some time or another, you will have this. But it will pass and if you truly love someone you want the best for them then you let them be free.

May 14, 2019
At some time or another, you will have this. But it will pass and if you truly love someone you want the best for them then you let them be free.
Yep, 100% agree. And that’s how I handle my relationships. (But maybe you were saying this in reference to the other person?)

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah, we met as coworkers. What I was asking was, in what way are you asking about the flexibility of my job? Like, what are you getting at specifically?
I mean how important is the job to you or how large of a company, etc.

If it were a throwaway job or something (like a transition between careers) you could just hire on somewhere else? I know work is like school for some people and they have strong feelings about moving midterm but it's an option.

If it's a large company you could maybe move within the company so your contact is minimized?

When relational interests entirely move out of my life they either stay on my heart or they don't. Circumstance is at times is what helps me to move on.

It depends on how flexible what you do for a living is really if distancing could even be done to spare his feelings if he is feeling confused or a straight up convo perhaps?

Or if you were a teacher, it wouldn't really be possible to change...but you "could" eat where he does not and minimize contact outside of school functions. Stuff like that.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but this is the sort of thing that works on my end (receiving).

At least if it's practical, it is something to consider.
s [rac

May 14, 2019
I mean how important is the job to you or how large of a company, etc.

If it were a throwaway job or something (like a transition between careers) you could just hire on somewhere else? I know work is like school for some people and they have strong feelings about moving midterm but it's an option.

If it's a large company you could maybe move within the company so your contact is minimized?

When relational interests entirely move out of my life they either stay on my heart or they don't. Circumstance is at times is what helps me to move on.

It depends on how flexible what you do for a living is really if distancing could even be done to spare his feelings if he is feeling confused or a straight up convo perhaps?

Or if you were a teacher, it wouldn't really be possible to change...but you "could" eat where he does not and minimize contact outside of school functions. Stuff like that.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but this is the sort of thing that works on my end (receiving).

At least if it's practical, it is something to consider.
s [rac
Yeah, that’s probably good advice

May 14, 2019
Yeah, that’s probably good advice
I know that we’ll continue to be friends even if dating doesn’t work out though, so we won’t be avoiding each other
I do appreciate the advice though.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I know that we’ll continue to be friends even if dating doesn’t work out though, so we won’t be avoiding each other
I do appreciate the advice though.
Ok well I hope the Lord makes it clear to you then. There is plenty said about friendship (fellowship) also.

If it's for the purpose of witnessing to them, then I pray for an open door and to know when to move on.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I don't really know what else to say. Some good advice has been given in this thread by several people. I've learned that there is little point in being friends with a non-believer unless there is a potential open door to the gospel but it took me years to learn that with a lot of unnecessary frustration.

May 14, 2019
Ok well I hope the Lord makes it clear to you then. There is plenty said about friendship (fellowship) also.

If it's for the purpose of witnessing to them, then I pray for an open door and to know when to move on.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

May 14, 2019
I don't really know what else to say. Some good advice has been given in this thread by several people. I've learned that there is little point in being friends with a non-believer unless there is a potential open door to the gospel but it took me years to learn that with a lot of unnecessary frustration.
I wouldn’t feel bad; I think that everyone has spoken their piece at this point and some good points have been made/good advice has been given.
Also, interesting perspective about friendship with unbelievers. I don’t feel like we should cut off all friendship from unbelievers, but at the same time, I feel like you say that from your experiences and not for no reason.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Also, interesting perspective about friendship with unbelievers.
It's from scripture...my experience only confirms the meaning for myself.