Adoption! Pro or Con

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RubberDuckie

Write a post as to whether you are pro or con on adoptin and explain why.

Pro Adoption

My wife and I were told that we could not have children. We both went through four years of testing before the Dr's. decided that. So we started talking about adoption. We applied to the State of Washington and went through the screening process. We were approved on December 15, 1973 and our daughter was placed in our home on our 5th wedding anniversary on the 20th of December. We raised her as if she were our own showing her all the love that we could. She grew into a lovely woman.

Unfortunately she blames us for all the stuff in her life that is negative. Her husband filled her head with all kinds of lies about us so now she resents us to a certain degree.

My life would be incomplete without her in it. I know she has made some bad choices but I can never stop loving her because she was a true gift from God.
Okay. I was adopted when i was 7 along with 2 of my biological sisters who were older than me.
We went through a lot in our life before we were adopted and that stuff screws someones head up.
After my sisters turned 18 they decided to go against all that they were brought up with (after adoption) and go back to live with my real parents who were child-molesters, abusers and druggies. I didn't. God had delivered me from that and I wasn't going back.
I can kind of see where your daughter is coming from, being against you and saying ya'll are the reason why she had bad stuff in her life. Even if it isn't true. My reason being, my sisters said the same exact thing! One eloped with a 49 year old when she was 18 and her husband told her lies about my family too...that my parents had "brainwashed and used her as a house slave" the other said she was "brainwashed and she needed to be sexually free" and they both spread lies and rumors that caused division and eventually my dad resigning from the church as their pastor and moving to another country because we had no other option.
But my point is, it really depends on how old she was when she was adopted. If she had seen a lot in her life or been abused like I was and my sisters. My sisters were almost in their teens when they were adopted so they didn't adapt easily to a new home and they were just in survival mode until they were adults and could get out on their own.
Don't take it that you and your wife didn't raise her well, and it's your fault she's like this, my mom took it that way...and it hurts me so badly to see her blame herself for someone's mistake. You did ultimately do the best you could in raising her and bringing her up in a loving home and loved her as your own.
Anyway...that's all I have to say.
Pro Adoption. As a matter of fact, when I get married and have kids, I will adopt a few as well. Adoption is beautiful thing and a wonderful metaphor for telling how God has adopted us into His family.(= Take care!

L

lighthousejohn

Okay. I was adopted when i was 7 along with 2 of my biological sisters who were older than me.
We went through a lot in our life before we were adopted and that stuff screws someones head up.
After my sisters turned 18 they decided to go against all that they were brought up with (after adoption) and go back to live with my real parents who were child-molesters, abusers and druggies. I didn't. God had delivered me from that and I wasn't going back.
I can kind of see where your daughter is coming from, being against you and saying ya'll are the reason why she had bad stuff in her life. Even if it isn't true. My reason being, my sisters said the same exact thing! One eloped with a 49 year old when she was 18 and her husband told her lies about my family too...that my parents had "brainwashed and used her as a house slave" the other said she was "brainwashed and she needed to be sexually free" and they both spread lies and rumors that caused division and eventually my dad resigning from the church as their pastor and moving to another country because we had no other option.
But my point is, it really depends on how old she was when she was adopted. If she had seen a lot in her life or been abused like I was and my sisters. My sisters were almost in their teens when they were adopted so they didn't adapt easily to a new home and they were just in survival mode until they were adults and could get out on their own.
Don't take it that you and your wife didn't raise her well, and it's your fault she's like this, my mom took it that way...and it hurts me so badly to see her blame herself for someone's mistake. You did ultimately do the best you could in raising her and bringing her up in a loving home and loved her as your own.
Anyway...that's all I have to say.
Pro Adoption. As a matter of fact, when I get married and have kids, I will adopt a few as well. Adoption is beautiful thing and a wonderful metaphor for telling how God has adopted us into His family.(= Take care!
We adopted her when she was 10 months old. She was raised in a loving environment but she was always and still is a rebellious child. I wish you all the best that God can give you.
God Bless!
John

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Adoption - Senator Nancy Schaefer Is Murdered

Adoption - Senator Nancy Schaefer Is Murdered

I started a thread which just got buried. So that people hear the news, I am going to post the link here:

http://christianchat.com/showthread.php?t=13595&highlight=adoption

After proposing legislation to protect children and families in Georgia from getting their children stolen through unethical so called "adoption practices" that amounted to mass kidnappings of innocent children from innocent parents she was unseated by her own beloved Republican party in the next election. After her own Republican party rejected her for doing what was right she became a national favorite of Independents. The Republicans in Georgia pressured her and pressured her to back down from trying to stop unethical adoption practices before unseating her, but their efforts were to no avail. Her answer was that she would rather go down with the ship than to do what went against her constituents' best interest. To say that we do not have many politicians like that on either side of the aisle is definitely an understatement.

Quest

QuestionTime

Feb 16, 2010
Quest... I just pray that the Lord would wrap his loving arms around you & you would KNOW you are His most precious Child & then perhaps it will be easier for you to reconcile the unthinkable, for you deserve love.
Amen! Beautiful prayer imoss.

Quest, you've made me look at adoption from a different angle, one I've never considered before, and I thank you for your insight. :)
Oh wow, thanks for the beautiful words you two!

I've been avoiding this thread lately because I get too emotional. However, when I heard about what happened to the good Senator I was forced back to this thread. But the good part of it is that I got to see your wonderful comments.

Thanks and God Bless!

Quest

L

Lifelike

Write a post as to whether you are pro or con on adoptin and explain why.

Pro Adoption

My wife and I were told that we could not have children. We both went through four years of testing before the Dr's. decided that. So we started talking about adoption. We applied to the State of Washington and went through the screening process. We were approved on December 15, 1973 and our daughter was placed in our home on our 5th wedding anniversary on the 20th of December. We raised her as if she were our own showing her all the love that we could. She grew into a lovely woman.

Unfortunately she blames us for all the stuff in her life that is negative. Her husband filled her head with all kinds of lies about us so now she resents us to a certain degree.

My life would be incomplete without her in it. I know she has made some bad choices but I can never stop loving her because she was a true gift from God.
Father to the fatherless - sounds like something God would do.

B

boxerfarmgirl

wow, so many opinions....I am a birth mother. I disagree with question time. God is for the girl that chooses to place her child because she realizes her lack of ability to take care of the child, love and nurture the child as it needs. The child I placed is now 24yrs old almost and she had a wonderful childhood with beautiful people...not that I couldn't have 'loved her' but they could do better and being a birthmother is a selfless act. Kind of like parenting is suppose to be. So much of our world today looks for anyone or anything to blame their failures...God didn't create adoption as it is today but He allowed us into His family, He pleaded on my behalf!

C

calvina

LOL! I'm surprised the opening post in this thread doesn't state: "QuestionTime may not post in this thread, thank-you"

I am adamantly anti-Adoption of course, because our Lord never took babies from birthmothers and gave them to other adoptive mothers and then sent the birthmother away alone, starving and without help or hope. Our Lord would never do that. Our Lord would help birthmother and baby to stay together and have both of their needs met.

Adoption is about two things = baby and adoptive parents, and therefore is - in my opinion - self-centered. God wants us to care for birthmom too.

Quest
we who were raised by own parents are blessed..there is reasons why babies given away without the mother...see MOSES story.likewise with other babies who were left alone infront of church, besides garbage.left in the streets..im sure you will be touch..

L

lighthousejohn

we who were raised by own parents are blessed..there is reasons why babies given away without the mother...see MOSES story.likewise with other babies who were left alone infront of church, besides garbage.left in the streets..im sure you will be touch..
There is much need for the pure loving type of adoptions where there is no coercement or corruption. I can definitely agree with Quest about the wrong type of adoptions and I think there needs to be stiff criminal penalties for people involved in the "puppy mill" type of adoptions. However, I cannot lose sight of the millions of babies/children worldwide that are in desparate need of loving parents. The need is great and unfortunately that need brings out the wolves to devour these precious lambs. We need to closely watch / review all adoptions to insure that everything is above board.