adult daughter hurts parents

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

muhl

I feel nothing we do is rite and our 26 yr old daughter and husband expect it always to be there way. They treat us disrespectful ignore us and just don't like anything we do. It hurts of course our grandkids then are used against us and we are only useful to watch them on their terms. I hurt every day and just sick of it and don't want to even talk to it see them. Please help!

B

brokenclay

Hello muhl. It's natural for grandparents to want to be involved in the life of their grandchildren. Something is bothering your daughter or her husband as to why they seem so disrespectful of you. Why would they use their own children against you? Maybe your values and beliefs don't match theirs. Maybe they feel you're overly attached to their children; or overbearing with them or your daughter's personal life. Have you had good rapport with your daughter before her husband; or before she had children? There is not much information to work with; other than praying for change in your daughter and husband's attitude toward you and ask God to search your heart and bring what is displeasing to the Saviour to the surface. Draw close to God and the bible while communing with God. God bless you sister. Sincerely; Larry

Oct 31, 2011
What has happened is that the family has been destroyed by the culture we live in. God designed a society built around the family, we have a society built around each individual with government the only security.

People who know God and family as given by God are part of the remnant that scripture talks of. The destruction of the family has entered our churches, even. My children and grandchildren who give no care to me as the one used by God to give them life wouldn't consider eating without blessing their food, but wouldn't consider giving any time to me.

Crimson_Lark

Apr 17, 2012
Have you talked to them about how you feel?

M

muhl

They just don't seem happy. We know they are mad at us but about what? It is always something we don't do or do they don't like. My daughter is always critical and it could be my ckotgs hair something I say sect. She's 26 and pregnant with their 3 red child stay home mom. Her dad and I divorced when she was 3 and my husband and u have been together since. She's always been difficult . And we always tried ways to help but just never good enough. Her anger also is at her 18 tr brother she won't even talk about him period. Or listen to anything about him. He is currently in Christian rehab and trying hard to deal with his problems but she don't ask about him at all. Her relationship with older sister is aksi distant and pretty much based on her watching the kids. I can't talk to her it never works she doesn't talk just more what she wants. I'm so tired from all theeemotional stress I don't want to even see her anymore. They both act like everybody iwes them. Then my grand babies are in the muddle. I'm just so suxk if this. Nobody could apologized enough or asked for forgiveness if we hurt them we have to watch what we say all the time. Or they'll he mad. We made many mistakes and try to acknowledged it but I just don't know. They're just disrespectful. But I can't keep being their and hurting crying.We want to move on with our lives.