Advice: Troubled Marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Redefined

Hello - I am new here and am currently going thru a very tough time in my marriage. Things have been rocky for almost a year and every time I take steps to make it better and let it begin to heal, I fall of track and hurt my wife again. I can honestly say that I have caused 100% of this issues between us. My last "episode" was 2 weeks ago. After that, she told me she would stay for the sake of our children but to consider her only a partner in raising the children. She was done and wanted nothing more to do with our marriage.
I can not open up to family about this because they are quick to judge and there is more than our family at stake. I have no friends to confide in, as I am socially an introvert. I come here hoping for guidance, opinions and advise. I am not going into all of the details on open forum for fear of boring the world. I have no physically abused her in any way nor have either of us been unfaithful to each other. Those are the 2 most common reasons for problems in my opinion.
If there are any patient souls here who would like to help me, guide me or counsel me, I would most certainly welcome it.
Thank you for reading.

H

hattiebod

Hello - I am new here and am currently going thru a very tough time in my marriage. Things have been rocky for almost a year and every time I take steps to make it better and let it begin to heal, I fall of track and hurt my wife again. I can honestly say that I have caused 100% of this issues between us. My last "episode" was 2 weeks ago. After that, she told me she would stay for the sake of our children but to consider her only a partner in raising the children. She was done and wanted nothing more to do with our marriage.
I can not open up to family about this because they are quick to judge and there is more than our family at stake. I have no friends to confide in, as I am socially an introvert. I come here hoping for guidance, opinions and advise. I am not going into all of the details on open forum for fear of boring the world. I have no physically abused her in any way nor have either of us been unfaithful to each other. Those are the 2 most common reasons for problems in my opinion.
If there are any patient souls here who would like to help me, guide me or counsel me, I would most certainly welcome it.
Thank you for reading.
You are upset, you know what you are doing is not helping your relationship, it is good you are reaching out for help but online is perhaps not the best way. Have you thought about attending a domestic abuse program?
You say you are 'introverted'? no excuse.
Online is not the best, for many reasons...it is avoidance, resistance and of course locally attending a help program makes it open, accountable and gives you the support you need.
You do admit to issues, you want to change? then that is your choice....sounds harsh? then respond?
Step out, seek support. You CAN change, but only if you want to.
You can PM me if you would like, Hattie <><

H

hope36523

Show her you truely love her let her know and pray for your mariage dailey,stay in the word of god if you continue to do right by her than she will see that you do love her and your not giving up,and she will evendualy come around its not gonna b easy but through christ all is possible