After Jesus was baptized...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Mark 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Mark 10:21
Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Solitude in the wilderness is what Jesus did after baptism (yet He was not alone according to the spirit).

After solitude Jesus showed us the example of being separate together... In the world but not of the world.

The apostles showed us what the church of the adopted body of Christ looked like during the first works and first love...which included casting lots, all things common (all is given to God and He is our inheritance in common), and a 24 hour church where a person involved in an assembly could expect to be treated like Jesus as the approved and practiced way.

Tithe is from the world...They give a %...How long will we not give all and remain chained to the body of this death.

The game I want to play makes it fun and easy to glorify God while following Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:3-5New King James Version (NKJV)

3 You therefore must endure[a] hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. 5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
Isaiah 57:1-2New King James Version (NKJV)

Israel’s Futile Idolatry
57 The righteous perishes,
And no man takes it to heart;
Merciful men are taken away,
While no one considers
That the righteous is taken away from evil.
2 He shall enter into peace;
They shall rest in their beds,
Each one walking in his uprightness.
Isaiah 58:4-8New King James Version (NKJV)

4 Indeed you fast for strife and debate,
And to strike with the fist of wickedness.
You will not fast as you do this day,
To make your voice heard on high.
5 Is it a fast that I have chosen,
A day for a man to afflict his soul?
Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush,
And to spread out sackcloth and ashes?
Would you call this a fast,
And an acceptable day to the Lord?
6 “Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
2 Corinthians 6:16-18New King James Version (NKJV)

16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[a] are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”
17 Therefore

“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”[c]
18 “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”[d]

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
When we join hands...we make a wall...correct?

Wouldn't that mean that anyone within the wall...and part of the wall itself would be separate and existing only in the kingdom of heaven?

What if the wall was a bunch of people walking in a circle around a high school sized track? In the world but not of the world. I would want my children according to the flesh to be brought up within that wall...in this world.
Luke 17:20-22King James Version (KJV)

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
The game I have to play is like that...and provides jobs... Just need sponsors I suppose...and travelers.
Matthew 9:37-38King James Version (KJV)

37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.