All about you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

allysmiles3

I am the type of person that loves a good story and learning more about people. So if you are willing answer these 3 questions.
1) Name one "A HA" Jesus moment, a moment you knew God was there and had your back. When you knew he was really speaking to you. It can be happy, sad, or both.
2)How old were you and what led you to your decision to be saved (baptized), if you are not saved, what is holding you back?
3)Lastly, what is the first question you'd ask when you get to heaven?

--Ally
You can answer in this thread or in a message. & Its only fair that I answer the questions

1) I heard God speak to me in my Introduction to Public Relations class. I wanted to drop it because I thought it was too hard and I was sure to fail. Crystal clear I was overwhelmed and empowered by his grace and presence. Not only did I receive a B in the class, the teacher was a great advocate for me in college and helped me graduate on time. God works.
2) I was baptized in 1998 after hearing a sermon that really made me want to go to heaven. I just wanted to learn! I used to write God letters and throw them in the air and watch them blow away in the wind when I was little. I've always loved snail mail ;)
3) Question I'd ask when I see Jesus -Why did you create me?

J

Jullianna

1) Name one "A HA" Jesus moment, a moment you knew God was there and had your back. When you knew he was really speaking to you. It can be happy, sad, or both.

The biggest AHA moment with God ever was the night my son was born. It wasn't going well at all for either of us. When your doc is scared, you know it's bad. But, strangely, I wasn't afraid at all. I knew He was with me. I was weak. I was exhausted. But not scared.

I remember the gentle voice of the anesthesiologist (an older guy) comforting me, as a loving father would have, almost like God was saying the words, and when he told me to begin counting backwards, rather than counting, I said, "Lord, take care of my baby." At that moment I knew without question that He had me in the very palm of His hand and that, even if I didn't wake up on earth again, He would care for my son as He always had me. He has.

2)How old were you and what led you to your decision to be saved (baptized), if you are not saved, what is holding you back?

I had gone to the altar and given my life to Jesus as a little girl, but I don't feel that I KNEW Him in fullness until 1989. It was on my heart then to be baptized, so I did it then.

I expect to be awed by the sudden revelation we'll experience then. I don't know that there is a specific question I'd like to ask, but I want so much to see/feel/know His love and glory as we will then rather than looking through the glass darkly. We have only a glimpse now, but He shows us more and more everyday. :)

chip

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
A HA moment: God showed me that my best friend was living an alternate lifestyle. I then had to address this with him to the point that he had the fear of God in him. He repented, we continue to be best friends but he is now terrified I will tell his new wife about his past..... :^)

Age of decision, 18. Why? a complete and total lack of peace in my life and I met someone with complete peace in their life, when in reality, they should have been terrified. I was impressed and wanted what it was they had, which gave inner peace. Three months later, I understood.

First question: I would like to know about my sister, Carmen.....

P

Perk

I am the type of person that loves a good story and learning more about people. So if you are willing answer these 3 questions.

--Ally
You can answer in this thread or in a message. & Its only fair that I answer the questions

1) I heard God speak to me in my Introduction to Public Relations class. I wanted to drop it because I thought it was too hard and I was sure to fail. Crystal clear I was overwhelmed and empowered by his grace and presence. Not only did I receive a B in the class, the teacher was a great advocate for me in college and helped me graduate on time. God works.
2) I was baptized in 1998 after hearing a sermon that really made me want to go to heaven. I just wanted to learn! I used to write God letters and throw them in the air and watch them blow away in the wind when I was little. I've always loved snail mail ;)

The biggest AHA moment with God ever was the night my son was born. It wasn't going well at all for either of us. When your doc is scared, you know it's bad. But, strangely, I wasn't afraid at all. I knew He was with me. I was weak. I was exhausted. But not scared.

I remember the gentle voice of the anesthesiologist (an older guy) comforting me, as a loving father would have, almost like God was saying the words, and when he told me to begin counting backwards, rather than counting, I said, "Lord, take care of my baby." At that moment I knew without question that He had me in the very palm of His hand and that, even if I didn't wake up on earth again, He would care for my son as He always had me. He has.

I had gone to the altar and given my life to Jesus as a little girl, but I don't feel that I KNEW Him in fullness until 1989. It was on my heart then to be baptized, so I did it then.

I expect to be awed by the sudden revelation we'll experience then. I don't know that there is a specific question I'd like to ask, but I want so much to see/feel/know His love and glory as we will then rather than looking through the glass darkly. We have only a glimpse now, but He shows us more and more everyday. :)
I love your responses Jullianna! And it is awesome that you,
KNEW Him in fullness
in the year I was born!

Anyways, my responses:
The day I was baptized, about 5 people came to me with visions they had. They all were of me and they all fit perfectly with what and am going through in life. Each vision that that these people shared were so specific to something in my life that I hadn't told anyone ever about and gave me great guidance.

I was 19 years old. Why? And at the risk of starting an argument about Covenant Theology, it wasn't anything to do with me. I wanted nothing to do with God, but He drastically changed my heart and made me seek Him. I didn't want to be a Christian, but God called to me and who am I to not respond? So the question to "Why?" Because He called me.

How can I know You more?

C

chu_huifen

A HA moment: I was born in Christian family, I know God when I was kids but I new born in Christ when I was 18/19 years old (I forget). I remember its hard to passed at those years, i thought my life is useless and desperate with everything around me and my thought said that I'm not loved and accepted and make me think to suicide. But there was my breakthrough moment and I'm accept Him with cheerful heart. My little sister introduce her cell group to me and when I attend my life was totaly changed. I heard God is spoke to me by bible, my mom always read off bible and teach me according bible and Godly principle but I'm not really practice and do what God said. After I meet God personally Everything changed till now.

Age of decision to be baptized : at 19 years old when I really understand the meaning of baptized and that's the turning point in my life, i began to dare to don't compromise with sin and I give all of my life to God and ready to expressed Him through my life.

The first question when I get to heaven : hmm.. I never think about it, first things that I want to do when I get to heaven is listen His speak and have long conversation with Him, sit at His knee and enjoy His love and abundant grace.

4evrfree

A HA moment: Well I've had more than one in my life but the one that stands out to me happened a year ago.. I was on a camping trip in the mountains with my family and other friends from church when I fell and re-dislocated my shoulder.. On the way down the mountain to find a hospital the reality of the accident and the days following began to sink in.. I'd dislocated it before and I did NOT enjoy being in a sling and having someone help me with every little thing I did! I just prayed and asked the Lord to lead me through the following days and give me strength and in that moment everything changed. I ended up needing surgery an all a month later but found I didn't worry about things (bills and such) the way I had after the first dislocation!

How old were you and what led you to your decision to be saved (baptized), if you are not saved, what is holding you back?: I was saved at revival meetings in 2007 after years of "holding back"... I was baptized soon after that.

Lastly, what is the first question you'd ask when you get to heaven? Oh my... I have no idea! The song "I can only imagine" comes to my mind when I think of getting to heaven.

A

allysmiles3

Wow! Julianna I love how your A HA moment was about your son, that was perfect. Chip I think that it is outstanding that you helped your best friend. I actually have a best friend that I wish would come to God. I keep her in prayer always. Perk its great that you would ask God how you can know him more :) he loves that. Last but not least, chu_huifen, you are so right, accepting him with a cheerful heart makes all the difference. Thank you all for sharing with me.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
The biggest A HA moment in my life came at 30. I grew up in a home with a distant, uninvolved father and a perfectionist mother so I tended to superimpose those qualities onto God. My 20's were spent running from God, and my upbringing. Although I never renounced my faith I sure wasn't living it. To keep it short and to the point, God used a rather large board upside my head at 30 to bring me back, and at the same time showed me just how intimately involved He had been all those years trying to draw me back. How He did that is a really long story and too much to type, but it clearly fell into the realm of the miraculous in my opinion.

My Mother led me to the Lord at 5 or 6 years old, and I was baptized at 12 or 13 which was the youngest that my church would baptize.

So often I hear people talk about the first question that they want to ask when they get to heaven and in some ways I can't comprehend the idea. When I step out of this mortal body and walk into the presence of God Almighty I am quite sure that the only thing I am going to be capable of is to fall flat on my face in worship. I truly believe that when we step into the presence of our risen, glorified Savior that everything that happened here on this earth will instantly become of no consequence in our minds and even the horrific things that may have happened to some of us that have left lifelong scars will be instantly healed.

J

Jullianna

LOL Perk! ..........smartie pants! :p

N

nw2u

--Ally

1) Don't think I have had an A HA moment. Don't remember when I felt God had my back. I'm sure He has, but I don't remember feeling that way.

2) I was baptized Roman Catholic. I have not felt a need to be baptized again. Although, there was a time when I thought it might be helpful.

3) I always figured, when I get to heaven, all will be revealed concerning my life. I hope, anyway. (Actually I thought this would happen when I die. My life will be revealed to me and the why's and what's and who's would be revealed. Then my choice of Heaven or Hell would be my ultimate fate. Am I wrong?)

I want to say that I have always been a believer. I just don't have anything that I can say which I felt was proof God was in my life. I wish I could remember something.