*ALL THINGS* are pure to those who are pure, PORK INCLUDED

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
I hope this post goes viral because there are so many people out there that need free'd from the enemies lies.. It's a good thing the word of God is a discerner of thoughts. Read:

"
There is NOTHING FROM OUTSIDE A MAN, THAT ENTERING INTO HIM CAN DEFILE HIM: but the things which COME OUT of him, THOSE are they that defile the man."
-Mark 7:15
Note: Pork is something from outside a man.

"
And He said to them, Are you so without understanding also? Do you not perceive, that WHATSOEVER THING FROM OUTSIDE ENTERS INTO THE MAN, IT CANNOT DEFILE HIM; because it enters not into his heart, but into the belly, and goes into the draught, purging ALL MEATS"
-Mark 7:18-19
Note: Pork is something from outside that enters into man. It is also a meat, which is purged and goes into the belly and then the draught.

"
NOT THAT WHICH GOES INTO THE MOUTH DEFILES A MAN; but that which COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH, this defiles the man."
-Matthew 15:11
Note: Pork goes into the mouth.

Well there's the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, my King. Are you going to tell Him that He forgot to specify that pork is something that is unclean? He was speaking to the masses- most of whom didn't know the scriptures and ate pork. Good luck telling Christ He messed up. Lets see what Paul has to say about this:

"For one believes that he MAY EAT *ALL* THINGS: another who is weak, eats herbs. Let not him that eats despise him that eats not; and LET NOT HIM WHICH EATS NOT JUDGE HIM THAT EATS: FOR GOD HAS RECEIVED HIM."
-Romans 14:2-3
Note: I believe that I man eat all things, God has received me.

"I know and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that THERE IS *NOTHING* UNCLEAN OF ITSELF: but to him that esteems any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."
-Romans 14:14
Note: If you esteem pork to be unclean, it is unclean for you. Jesus says nothing is unclean of itself; pork falls under the category of "nothing".

"For MEAT DESTROY NOT THE WORK OF GOD. *ALL THINGS* INDEED ARE PURE; but it is evil for that man who eats with offense."
-Romans 14:20
Note: Pork is a meat that does not destroy the work of God within you.

"To the pure *ALL THINGS* ARE PURE: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."
-Titus 1:15
Note: All things are pure to the pure.

"*WHATSOEVER IS SOLD IN THE MEAT MARKETS, THAT EAT*, ASKING NO QUESTION FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof. If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and you be disposed to go; *WHATSOEVER* IS SET BEFORE YOU, EAT, ASKING NO QUESTION FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE."
-1 Corinthians 10:25
Note: Pork is and was sold in the shambles (meat markets). If you are bid to a feast and it is set before you, YOU MAY EAT IT.

Jun 1, 2016
I hope this post goes viral because there are so many people out there that need free'd from the enemies lies.. It's a good thing the word of God is a discerner of thoughts. Read:

"
There is NOTHING FROM OUTSIDE A MAN, THAT ENTERING INTO HIM CAN DEFILE HIM: but the things which COME OUT of him, THOSE are they that defile the man."
-Mark 7:15
Note: Pork is something from outside a man.

"
And He said to them, Are you so without understanding also? Do you not perceive, that WHATSOEVER THING FROM OUTSIDE ENTERS INTO THE MAN, IT CANNOT DEFILE HIM; because it enters not into his heart, but into the belly, and goes into the draught, purging ALL MEATS"
-Mark 7:18-19
Note: Pork is something from outside that enters into man. It is also a meat, which is purged and goes into the belly and then the draught.

"
NOT THAT WHICH GOES INTO THE MOUTH DEFILES A MAN; but that which COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH, this defiles the man."
-Matthew 15:11
Note: Pork goes into the mouth.

Well there's the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, my King. Are you going to tell Him that He forgot to specify that pork is something that is unclean? He was speaking to the masses- most of whom didn't know the scriptures and ate pork. Good luck telling Christ He messed up. Lets see what Paul has to say about this:

"For one believes that he MAY EAT *ALL* THINGS: another who is weak, eats herbs. Let not him that eats despise him that eats not; and LET NOT HIM WHICH EATS NOT JUDGE HIM THAT EATS: FOR GOD HAS RECEIVED HIM."
-Romans 14:2-3
Note: I believe that I man eat all things, God has received me.

"I know and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that THERE IS *NOTHING* UNCLEAN OF ITSELF: but to him that esteems any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean."
-Romans 14:14
Note: If you esteem pork to be unclean, it is unclean for you. Jesus says nothing is unclean of itself; pork falls under the category of "nothing".

"For MEAT DESTROY NOT THE WORK OF GOD. *ALL THINGS* INDEED ARE PURE; but it is evil for that man who eats with offense."
-Romans 14:20
Note: Pork is a meat that does not destroy the work of God within you.

"To the pure *ALL THINGS* ARE PURE: but to them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."
-Titus 1:15
Note: All things are pure to the pure.

"*WHATSOEVER IS SOLD IN THE MEAT MARKETS, THAT EAT*, ASKING NO QUESTION FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof. If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and you be disposed to go; *WHATSOEVER* IS SET BEFORE YOU, EAT, ASKING NO QUESTION FOR CONSCIENCE SAKE."
-1 Corinthians 10:25
Note: Pork is and was sold in the shambles (meat markets). If you are bid to a feast and it is set before you, YOU MAY EAT IT.
this is something each needs to follow thier own conscience in if a person feels its wrong , to them it is wrong, if another feels it is acceptable, for them it is acceptable.

romans 14:For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thingwhereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
this is something each needs to follow thier own conscience in if a person feels its wrong , to them it is wrong, if another feels it is acceptable, for them it is acceptable.

romans 14:For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. 20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thingwhereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. 22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Absolutely, that's why I included the 4 verses from Romans 14. Thank you for filling the rest of it in, your comment is a great early addition for this thread. God bless you my brother.

Jun 1, 2016
absolutely bro, and plese dont think i dont get where this comes from and why you posted it so many out there are shouting How eating pork is sin, in order to attempt to judge and thus be a stumbling block when its a personal thing according to faith that comes through the Word of Christ ( romans 10:17) the reason i left that comment was to support what you are saying. we need to Just follow what the good Lord has made Known in us, and realize the things that are worth shouting, and the things that are better Kept between ourselves and the Lord.

May you be blessed in even greater Measure, in Jesus precious name. thanks for taking the time to be thorough in this post and offering the scriptures

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Acts 15

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well

Revelation 2

13I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. 14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. 15So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Just some things to consider.

QuickenedByHim

Jun 18, 2017
Acts 15

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well

Revelation 2

13I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth. 14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. 15So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. 17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Just some things to consider.

Absolutely considered, heavily. I will never eat anything sacrificed unto idols whether it be pork, fish, lettuce, or cheese.. but if my my grandmother makes the family BLT's for dinner, I will never turn her down. :)

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Absolutely considered, heavily. I will never eat anything sacrificed unto idols whether it be pork, fish, lettuce, or cheese.. but if my my grandmother makes the family BLT's for dinner, I will never turn her down. :)
Let no man judge you, you are to serve Heavenly Father and our Lord and Saviour in Spirit and Truth.

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
it seems strange that folks always say things like 'well each must decide for themselves and whatever they decide don't judge them' yet in reality the ones who choose to abstain from the things listed in lev. 11 (as long as they don't insist others must) are judged none the less. Consider this: if I choose to not eat what the creator of all things has said He considers it unclean, and he made these animals, seems to me just simple trusting obedience to His directives is always the best course. now this is not about who is better then anyone or more spiritual, this is about wanting to please Him who gave His life for us and Him who we love.
this is not to say in anyway that people who eat pork or rabbit love the Savior less , not at all, but rather a simple explanation as to why some choose to.
As with any people some will choose to pridefuly judge others because they do eat these things, but please understand this does not reflect the feelings of others who choose not to. our walk with our God is personal and intimate, if not it should be, draw in close and follow what you see as pleasing in His sight.
And whatever you do NEVER fear man.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I went to a Jewish cultural exhibition some time ago and the snack bar included a BACON sandwich!