already paranoid after watching the news I don't know if I can trust friends

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 3, 2013
There was this thing on the news that these friends were drinking beer and all of a sudden they attack this girl for no reason and tie her up acting like they were going to kill her they did all this scary stuff (like take her to her grave that was dug up)just to tramatize her then at the end let her go saying it was a joke. Those people barely got a slap on the wrist for tramatizing a girl so if that is the type of stuff people do and its allowed I don't know if I even want friends. After seeing that I'm really considering never having friends because being by myself is better then that.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
There was this thing on the news that these friends were drinking beer and all of a sudden they attack this girl for no reason and tie her up acting like they were going to kill her they did all this scary stuff (like take her to her grave that was dug up)just to tramatize her then at the end let her go saying it was a joke. Those people barely got a slap on the wrist for tramatizing a girl so if that is the type of stuff people do and its allowed I don't know if I even want friends. After seeing that I'm really considering never having friends because being by myself is better then that.
I have had very un-christ like friends in the past... I have done terrible things with them... However, I still want friends in Christ because I know that through Christ I can see the good in that person...

I know this world is tearing down faster then we can imagine... But this story should be a testament for you to want good friends... And to help others do the same...

God has put on your heart great empathy for this girl... Don't let it go to waist by secluding yourself from the world... Let the Holy Spirit guide you... Maybe God is showing you what type of person you truly are... Showing you that you have a heart for those who are un-fairly treated... I can tell that you honestly feel great sorrow for this girl... Don't just bottle that sorrow up, but use it to help people in those situations...

:)

Oct 29, 2009
Great post T_Laurich. I agree with you 100%!

There are many things that I'm not proud of that I've done with so called "friends" in the past. I even had to part ways with some good friends that I've know for about 8 years. The reason was because I was in a scene that led me to drink, smoke, and drugs. After leaving that scene I've been feeling so alone... It opened my eyes to see what true friends really were.

I'm currently working on making more christian friends since I'm lacking friends in that area. Jesus says that when there are two or more in His name He is there. You want friends that will help you spiritually. Oh what I would give to have more friends like that!

Its really sad to hear what happen to that girl. But I'm pretty sure God is somewhat working in her life and the "friends" that did that to her. I honestly need people in my life because when I'm all alone my thoughts start to get the best of me. I start to over think and I go nuts! I know God is there to hear me out but sometimes we need some people who will listen to you and give you good advice for what your going through.

I'll be praying that you find the right friends to come into your life and hope that something like that never happens to you. The best way to start looking is here on this website :cool:

R

Relena7

There are always lots of warning signs and red flags before crazy people *snap* and do crazy things. The news won't mention those details because it isn't interesting enough to be in the news, and they don't have time to interview everyones background and find out.

No one just does things for no reason with no signs. But sometimes people will not pay attention to signs or they haven't practiced their intuition enough. Anyway I think it's probably best to never get really drunk with people you only just met.

Get to know people slowly. Play it safe. You shouldn't feel like you have to fear everyone.

Aug 3, 2013
Thank you guys for your responses. Some of you said that you've done things you've regretted before. Was it more like drinking, fighting, driving too fast, etc or was it actually trying to torture someone like what happened with this girl, because I really hope these type of things are rare. Also I appreciate the advice its just hard to forget about that because the girl was sooo scared and these people that were her friends were snickering about how she thinks she is about die. How could you be happy that your friend thinks he is going to die. I don't mind a prank like someone jumping out of a corner of something is more shock factor its not making someone comprehend their own death and accept it and then be like ahahaha just kidding. The fact that someone could stoop so low for the sake of just entertainment scares me. I appreciate the advice also about to not drink at someones house you don't know very well.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
you're 25...how do you not realize this isnt a common occurence?

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Sooo are you saying we can't be best friends?!?!

vanillakay

Dec 7, 2012
The world is going crazy brother. I hope God punishes them accordingly, This is why i don't drink. People get crazy when they put that poison in them. It's hard to know who to trust that's for sure :(

U

Ugly

This guy was banned nearly 2 days now.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
^That's great doesnt mean the threads arent still entertaining. But its good you took the time and energy to chastise everyone still posting. Thereby bumping the thread to the top again instead of letting it die, since that seems to be your goal.

D

DragonSlayer

There are always lots of warning signs and red flags before crazy people *snap* and do crazy things. The news won't mention those details because it isn't interesting enough to be in the news, and they don't have time to interview everyones background and find out.

No one just does things for no reason with no signs. But sometimes people will not pay attention to signs or they haven't practiced their intuition enough. Anyway I think it's probably best to never get really drunk with people you only just met.

Get to know people slowly. Play it safe. You shouldn't feel like you have to fear everyone.
You should never get really drunk in the first place.

I agree with you about paying attention to warning signs.

D

DragonSlayer

Ok, I just read from Ugly the OP was banned. I didn't notice.

Well, the answers will edify all readers, by the Lord's Wisdom.