Already Started

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
A quote from Sherlock Holmes...
"Circumstantial evidence is a very tricky thing. It may seem to point very straight to one thing, but if you shift your own point of view a little, you may find it pointing in an equally uncompromising manner to something entirely different."

There have been so many prophecies that so many people have spent so much effort to try to figure out how they would happen... And then they turn out exactly the way the Bible said they would and all these theories were wrong. for example, consider all the explanations people came up with for the prophecies about the Jews becoming a nation again.

All these things might be part of the mark of the beast. Maybe not. I will wait and see what happens. But I will not state theories as fact.
This is not like your example, because you have scripture stating that a mark will go on/in the hand or the forehead for buying and selling and we currently have a chip that is being inserted under skin of the hand and which is being used for making purchases. So, we are hitting all the boxes here. I've been following the evolution of the mark for 45 years and I haven't been wrong yet.

Based on the information given in scripture, what stays consistent is that this mark will go on the hand or the forehead and that without it no one will be able to buy or sell. Therefore, we have an all around match. The only thin that will change, is what that mark/device evolves into What will remain the same is that it will go on/in the hand or forehead in order to be able to buy and sell. Therefore, whatever the mark ends up evolving into, its place on the hand or the forehead will remain the same. And it will be the only way that people will be able to buy and sell. There is nothing difficult about this.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
If there is difficulty in a persons walk with the Lord, it may be how easily it is to be sidetracked by what it is going to transpire, rather than the one on one relationship in all things that is required, we went astray in"churches" long ago and often now we go to a place once a week where we hear someone talk "about" Him rather than with Him and to Him.
"In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your path". Scripture is clear that He is coming for those who are watching for His return, "watch therefore and wait", is His instruction.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
It does seem that we are heading in that direction but i don't think society will be completely cashless. I do believe that the 1 cent/penny will be meaningless. They arent worth much nowadays let alone in the future.
Good day, Prycejosh1987!

The scripture states that without the mark, no one will be able to buy or sell. To put that into perspective for today, the world has been in the process of transitioning from cash and checks to digital crediting and debiting via the swiping of credit and debit cards, as well as fobs and cell phone bank apps. That said, the mark is going to replace of those other methods of buying and selling, so that it will be the only way an individual can can perform digital crediting and debiting to their bank accounts. To be clear, if there were other ways of buying and selling during that time, then the mark could not force everyone great and small, rich and poor, free and slave to receive it, because they could just use the other methods.

The mark will be that proverbial line being drawn in the sand, forcing every individual to make a personal choice. By doing this, there will be no gray area, no fence sitting. Those who reject worshiping the beast, his image and receiving his mark, will be enemies and outcasts of the world, with the majority of them being killed. Those who will refuse it, will be the great tribulation saints who will become believers after the church has been gathered and during that seven years of God's wrath. This is exactly why the world continues to move towards a cashless society. Sweden and her sister countries are ahead of us in this in that they are already pretty much cashless. To use a silly analogy, if you lived in rural area and there was only one cable company providing service, either you sign up with them or you have no cable. It will be the same with the mark, either a person receives it, or they won't be able to digitally buy or sell. That means that anyone who rejects it won't be able to pay their mortgages/rents, bills, buy gas for their cars, buy groceries, etc., etc. And the following is the consequences for those who do worship the beast, his image or receive his mark:

========================================================================================
A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.” - Revelation 14:9-11
=======================================================================================

D

DWR

By the time the mark comes, there will be no mortgages, gas or Walmarts.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
No mocking or scorning, just weary of worry.

This might indeed be IT! Or it might not be. But I'm real tired of all the people who yell their Chicken Little heads off every time a new technology comes out.
Wow, so...

I was running a totally unrelated keyword search to find something completely different, and this thread turned up.

Three and a half years later, all the things people were crying and moaning about have not happened yet.

Have all the chicken littles learned? No they have not! They just have different things to worry about and make dire predictions on. :rolleyes:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Have all the chicken littles learned? No they have not! They just have different things to worry about and make dire predictions on. :rolleyes:
They probably eat their eggs sunny-side up too. Oh, sorry. Wrong thread. My bad, per usual. :p

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
As someone who worked in retail for a long time (first as a cashier and then several years in the accounting/cash office), I have heard this barcode/cashless stuff for more years than I've wanted to hear it. Over the years, we'd have customers paranoid about one thing or another. Whether it be the grocery scanners or the card chip readers or scares of going cashless. Even the Federal Reserve has said that they we aren't going cashless any time soon. They do say they are working on modernizing things. Modernizing things is to be expected. In the accounting/cash office things were always changing and moving forward. That is what happens in society. Things move forward. Actually, I think it's healthy for everyone to move forward. We can't stay stuck back in some old system all the time, and this is coming from someone who prefers much of the "old way" while realizing that sometimes things must move forward. This doesn't mean that I don't think that at some future time things won't get concerning. For example, I personally think that at some point AI will get to a concerning point (however, it's not something I lay awake worrying about). In nut shell, things progress...things modernize...things move forward. That's not going to stop anytime soon.