Alright you lawn care professionals!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 25, 2018
Tell me about your yards and the equipment you use to keep it looking nice and perty...

Myself:

Lawnmower: Troy-Bilt 46" deck
Weed eater: Stihl that is 16 years old and still whacks the weeds down like its new
Yard: ~ 1.5 acres
Mowing: 2.5 hours
Weed eating: ~ 2 hours
Does someone help you: No

Okay guise and gals, lets hear from you.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
1/2 hr, "Forrest Gump Special" type 36" snapper classic, cordless weed wacker, letting the white clover take over for the bees and bunnies, not really concerned with appearances...
Took the top off the engine, removed the pull rope apparatus off and use my cordless drill to start the engine.

Oct 25, 2018
1/2 hr, "Forrest Gump Special" type 36" snapper classic, cordless weed wacker, letting the white clover take over for the bees and bunnies, not really concerned with appearances...
Took the top off the engine, removed the pull rope apparatus off and use my cordless drill to start the engine.
Our yard is loaded with clover. I’ve lived here over 15 years and can’t remember them ever being this thick.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
white? I have a little patch of red I am allowing to flourish and am starting to some some of the white become pink.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
for the grass my dad
if I did not have my dad..I would have sheep or rabbits. We have one chicken.

I actually have a garden and do all of the garden. Dad cuts the grass but I prefer not to have grass and want more garden. he uses a noisy masport mower.

I used to cut grass for hospitals and retirment villages, cant even remember the brand of lawnmower I used or weedeater I just remember they were gas powered and noisy and so glad I dont have to do it anymore. They were considering going into electric but at the time they hadnt got that far. One of the villages had a machine called a 'goat' that picked up rubbish and leaves etc. we had to do it after 9am cos the residents wanted to sleep in. I dont blame them I hate the noise.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
it took half a day so maybe about 3 hours to do about 14 lawns. Two of us would do it, one weedeating and one mowing and we would swap. we also used a blower to keep it tidy if we werent using a catcher.
some lawns were big and some were just thin strips. I didnt like doing the slopy ones.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I basically got rid of all the grass in my backyard and turned into a patio with pavers.
So now my only maintenance is a leaf blower and that’s it.

I like to do as little as possible work with my backyard. I’d like to enjoy it.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
My wife has the job of mowing the lawn. She uses an old fashioned manual push mower. She had surgery last spring so I had to mow this season. After using her mower a few times I went out and bought the cheapest gasser I could find.

This was my first year in a few decades living on a property that had a lawn you had to mow. For a long time I lived in the middle of a forest and we left everything natural. Now I live in a high plains state and it seems like the lawn needs a lot of attention. In early summer it seemed our lawn wasn't looking as healthy as the neighbors so I bought some fertilizer and applied it. That helped a little. I used a drop spreader. At some point I applied insect killer. Mid summer I applied some more fertilizer and our lawn started looking as good as the rest of the lawns in the neighborhood. A couple of times a week I directly sprayed any weeds in the lawn. At first it was a big job but towards the end of the season most of the wees were gone. Mid summer I applied a weed killer with the drop spreader over the whole lawn. When fall came I applied fertilizer one more time. Now our lawn looks better than most.

It seems that lawns in this area require an awful lot of attention to keep them nice... I have a cheap weed wacker and a ryobi battery edger for edging.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Move down to tennessee. I only wish our yard would stop growing. I never apply fertilizer or even water it, but it always grows up way too green, way too fast for my mowing convenience.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
Move down to tennessee. I only wish our yard would stop growing. I never apply fertilizer or even water it, but it always grows up way too green, way too fast for my mowing convenience.
Where I grew up we watered once a week, mowed and edged. Never once was it fertilized. Here we water a few times a week and if rain doesn't augment that schedule the grass may start to brown.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
I basically got rid of all the grass in my backyard and turned into a patio with pavers.
So now my only maintenance is a leaf blower and that’s it.

I like to do as little as possible work with my backyard. I’d like to enjoy it.
I would love to do that but I have a German Shepard who needs lots of space for German Shepard size :poop:s. I do have a large old tree that I buried my Kayla girl under. It sounds silly but I didn't want to be mowing over her grave. So I put mulch all around that tree, took a LOT of bags. Then I have a little lighted angel there so she is never alone in the dark. Ok tmi that no one asked for. Going to have a good cry now. I miss my pup. :(

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Where I grew up we watered once a week, mowed and edged. Never once was it fertilized. Here we water a few times a week and if rain doesn't augment that schedule the grass may start to brown.
:eek:o_O

That sounds like way too much w*rk!

Maybe it's the kind of grass. We never planted anything, just let whatever grows there grow. Do y'all use that imported grass that comes rolled up?

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
:eek:o_O

That sounds like way too much w*rk!

Maybe it's the kind of grass. We never planted anything, just let whatever grows there grow. Do y'all use that imported grass that comes rolled up?
It may have come rolled up when the house was built a decade ago or so. I think it's a mix of blue grass and fescue. It does seem to be needy, but the lot is small and since I've transitioned from over 10 acres to 9000 sq ft, it's manageable.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
Electric (battery) mower. Front yard takes 20 mins, back yard 10 mins. Electric (battery) edger when I feel like it. My wife handles it from June to mid-August when school is out (she's a teacher). I do it after snow is gone (April-May depends on when snow ends) until June and from mid-August until snow (early-mid October).