Always be cautious when studying the word.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

phil112

I see this site being used often, and I myself use it as a matter of convenience a lot. But mistakes can and will happen.
I am referring to Bible Study Resources. I use the Strong's number lookup function, and here is the error I am speaking of:
THIS is Isaiah 3rd chapter. Look at verse 12..........
As for my people,[SUP]5971[/SUP] children[SUP]5953[/SUP] are their oppressors,[SUP]5065[/SUP] and women[SUP]802[/SUP] rule[SUP]4910[/SUP] over them. O my people,[SUP]5971[/SUP] they which lead[SUP]833[/SUP] thee cause thee to err,[SUP]8582[/SUP] and destroy[SUP]1104[/SUP] the way[SUP]1870[/SUP] of thy paths.[SUP]734[/SUP]
This is showing children as hebrew #5953. I also have a hardback Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, and the hebrew is actually #5768.

A good example of why we shouldn't take things for granted, or take someone's word for it. I rather doubt there was any mischief intended, surely an honest mistake, but, nonetheless a mistake.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Will the real Hebrew children please stand up?

(point well taken)

May 15, 2013
I see this site being used often, and I myself use it as a matter of convenience a lot. But mistakes can and will happen.
I am referring to Bible Study Resources. I use the Strong's number lookup function, and here is the error I am speaking of:
THIS is Isaiah 3rd chapter. Look at verse 12.......... This is showing children as hebrew #5953. I also have a hardback Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, and the hebrew is actually #5768.

A good example of why we shouldn't take things for granted, or take someone's word for it. I rather doubt there was any mischief intended, surely an honest mistake, but, nonetheless a mistake.
Youths oppress my people,
women rule over them.
My people, your guides lead you astray;
they turn you from the path.

Matthew 15:14
Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Luke 8:14
The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.

Ephesians 4:13
until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

The verse is referring to the immature and the weak that is lacking in knowledge are causing them to live in misery.

P

phil112

Youths oppress my people,
women rule over them.
My people, your guides lead you astray;
they turn you from the path.

Matthew 15:14
Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Luke 8:14
The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature.

Ephesians 4:13
until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

The verse is referring to the immature and the weak that is lacking in knowledge are causing them to live in misery.
Not sure what all that has to do with me pointing out that the web site had the wrong Strong's number for children.
Seems like quite a reach to connect those scriptures tho.

P

psychomom

Will the real Hebrew children please stand up?

(point well taken)
oh, that made me laugh! :)

(i wonder how many of the younger members get the reference...
:rolleyes: )

Jan 13, 2014
They are both right

that is why the word of God is infinite.

all the choices are always right, they are derived from ogher verses in which it was used in all these other ways....

try it
wonderful

P

phil112

They are both right

that is why the word of God is infinite.

all the choices are always right, they are derived from ogher verses in which it was used in all these other ways....

try it
wonderful
That made as much sense as using a screwdriver to sew on a button.

One is wrong. Both words couldn't have been in the original and it wasn't a "pick the one you want to use" deal.
Hardback version:
5768 OT - Hebrew......`owlel o-lale'or lolal {o-lawl'}; from '`uwl' (5763); a suckling:--babe, (young) child, infant, little one.
Online version:
5953 OT - Hebrew .......`alal aw-lal'a primitive root; to effect thoroughly; specifically, to glean (also figuratively); by implication (in a bad sense) to overdo, i.e. maltreat, be saucy to, pain, impose (also literal):--abuse, affect, X child, defile, do, glean, mock, practise, thoroughly, work (wonderfully).

May 15, 2013
Not sure what all that has to do with me pointing out that the web site had the wrong Strong's number for children.
Seems like quite a reach to connect those scriptures tho.
Sorry, I doesn't use or know nothing about the concordance. And the verses that I had posted and yours as well, is referring that the ones that doesn't know from right and wrong (The Blind) are teaching God's children what's right and wrong; and that is why everything is in the condition that it is.

John 9:41
Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

This verse is saying if you can distinguish what is right and wrong and still do what is wrong, your guilt remains.

Luke 23:34
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Jonah 4:11
And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”

That is why the truth (Gospel) must be spread, so that God can make His judgment.