Amen and Amen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You my colorful friend...may the Lord bless you and yours this Passover with love,health,and peace from above.
Thank you, brother John! May God continue to richly bless you, as well!!!

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
I had several people tell me it was very gory. One lady said both her and her daughter left the theater gagging and were sick to their stomach the rest of the day.
The Bible talks about how He was beaten ( combined with taking on ALL sins/sicknesses/diseases) beyond recognition, even recognition of being human.
As "gory" as movies can get to try and show this, they will NEVER be able to fully portray what Jesus willingly went through for us.

Mar 16, 2023
The Bible talks about how He was beaten ( combined with taking on ALL sins/sicknesses/diseases) beyond recognition, even recognition of being human.
As "gory" as movies can get to try and show this, they will NEVER be able to fully portray what Jesus willingly went through for us.
Agree, I read it and that is enough for me. I have a vivid imagination

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Amen and Amen

Amen.

P

pottersclay

Id like to keep this thread focused on our lord a savior Jesus Christ.
For the jews the exodus from egypt.
For the gentiles forgiveness, acceptance,a brand new life, salvation for all that believe.
Let us celebrate the victory of our Lord, give thanks to our father for he has done all that he has promised.
This day (good friday) looks grim to those of no understanding but to those that are blessed to receive understanding this is GODs most glorious moment, and a finishing of his good and perfect work.
Praise be to God our father and to the son of the living God JESUS Christ.

This may seem a little unorthodox as praise music but .....its a truth.

Mar 16, 2023
Id like to keep this thread focused on our lord a savior Jesus Christ.
For the jews the exodus from egypt.
For the gentiles forgiveness, acceptance,a brand new life, salvation for all that believe.
Let us celebrate the victory of our Lord, give thanks to our father for he has done all that he has promised.
This day (good friday) looks grim to those of no understanding but to those that are blessed to receive understanding this is GODs most glorious moment, and a finishing of his good and perfect work.
Praise be to God our father and to the son of the living God JESUS Christ.

This may seem a little unorthodox as praise music but .....its a truth.

For those that study and have learned Hebrew customs, this day is not special.
Also keep in mind that in Judaism, days start at sunset.
The bible tells us that Yashua would be in the grave 3 days and 3 night. In Hebrew Grammer, that means a complete 72 yours.
Yashua was actually crucified on Wednesday, which was Passover(not a high holy day). He was buried before sunset on Wednesday as the first day of Feast of Unleavened Bread is a high holy day and started at sunset. High holy days have the same rules as Sabbath. (which is why the bible reference it as Sabbath)
So, he was buried just before sunset on Wednesday, then just before sunset to Thursday is day 1, just before sunset to Friday is day 2 and just before sunset to Saturday is day 3. At sunset, Sabbath started, which is why Mary could not go to the tomb until Sunday morning. Women did not travel at night, it wasn't safe.
Not trying to offend any one, I was born and raised Catholic, went to a Catholic school for 8 years.
Over the last 5 years I have been learning all of this.
Did you never wonder why Yashua was not in the grave for 3 days & 3 nights as the bible says, but the Catholic church states he was buried on Saturday and rose on Sunday?
Blessings to all

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
For those that study and have learned Hebrew customs, this day is not special.
Also keep in mind that in Judaism, days start at sunset.
The bible tells us that Yashua would be in the grave 3 days and 3 night. In Hebrew Grammer, that means a complete 72 yours.
Yashua was actually crucified on Wednesday, which was Passover(not a high holy day). He was buried before sunset on Wednesday as the first day of Feast of Unleavened Bread is a high holy day and started at sunset. High holy days have the same rules as Sabbath. (which is why the bible reference it as Sabbath)
So, he was buried just before sunset on Wednesday, then just before sunset to Thursday is day 1, just before sunset to Friday is day 2 and just before sunset to Saturday is day 3. At sunset, Sabbath started, which is why Mary could not go to the tomb until Sunday morning. Women did not travel at night, it wasn't safe.
Not trying to offend any one, I was born and raised Catholic, went to a Catholic school for 8 years.
Over the last 5 years I have been learning all of this.
Did you never wonder why Yashua was not in the grave for 3 days & 3 nights as the bible says, but the Catholic church states he was buried on Saturday and rose on Sunday?
Blessings to all
Like Christmas, we can honor the glory of Jesus on days that may not be exact, but the heartfelt worship and gratitude is there. I would rather celebrate the given traditional days than to debate over them at this late date in history. Your statements are worthwhile and worth the think. God bless!

Mar 16, 2023
Like Christmas, we can honor the glory of Jesus on days that may not be exact, but the heartfelt worship and gratitude is there. I would rather celebrate the given traditional days than to debate over them at this late date in history. Your statements are worthwhile and worth the think. God bless!
Thank you, appreciate the feed back. Just an add on, we do not celebrate Christmas or Easter as they have pagan roots. The bible, specifically the New Testament warns us against following "traditions of men". (The Jewish leaders were specifically reprimanded by Yashua for making such a fuss over washing of pots over Yahweh's given laws)
And history should have nothing to do with it. If something is wrong, it is wrong and shouldn't matter how long in history people have been following it. The masses are not always right, just easier to go with the flow.
I have family & friends that still celebrate them, that is their choice as it is yours and mine