America becoming a Scary Place ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Erekson714

With all the bad and evil in peoples hearts today is America going to become into a "No Mans Land" ? look at how inhumane and selfish people are today on the news, just look at a black Friday video and watch people fight over a $98 no name brand Chinese peace of junk tv and see how they disrespect themselves, women and kids to gain the spoils of the world. I know so many people who did horrible things since I have grown up there was even a kid in my college class in 2011 who murdered a kid over "weed" I just don't see much hope in society these days, and soo many guys disrespect their mothers and girlfriends its such a shame. I hope America never suffers a financial collapse or major even like foreign occupation because I believe people here would loose it and do anything to get what they want.

I just tired of all the evil and corrupt hearts these days, makes me sad :(

What do you guys think ?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Welcome to the real world.

: )

E

Erekson714

Let me tell you It SUCKS !

I never knew their was soo many evil people in this world. Its crazy, everyday I turn on the news and something bad has happened again, do people do good deeds anymore ?

T

Tintin

Australia is safer but that's only because we've managed to siphon our nation's evil into our wildlife.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Let me tell you It SUCKS !

I never knew their was soo many evil people in this world. Its crazy, everyday I turn on the news and something bad has happened again, do people do good deeds anymore ?
God in the Bible does NOT say all people are good.
But he DOES say all people are sinners.

So... what should you expect when you venture out into the world?

Sin.

Are there still Christians in the world, trying their best to do good things?
Sure.
Are there even some lost people, who still have a conscience, and will try to do good?
Sure.

But there are only 2 things you can absolutely count on.

1. All men are sinners.
2. God still loves YOU, and will work in YOUR life... despite all of the sin, and all of the sinners.

U

Ugly

Isn't this kind of what the bible predicts anyways? And not just in America? In fact some countries are worse. Like the video i saw of a mob of adult men that pulled a man and his two year old daughter out of their house and beat them for being Christian. This was not in America. The behavior you see is not exclusive to any country regardless of how 'advanced' they are.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Australia is safer but that's only because we've managed to siphon our nation's evil into our wildlife.
I wouldnt believe him, Im pretty sure Australia is still just a british prison colony....

Oct 31, 2011
Society is made up of groups of people. The basic group of society is the family. There has been a sexual revolution and that revolution destroyed the family. Government has stepped in to give "security" and now governments first say they can have nothing to do with God, and gradually they make laws opposing God.

Along with this, have you been looking at our churches, and reading the posts here that reflect the church? They say that law and order has been replaced and we should not listen to it any more. They say that when Christ added spirit and truth, that meant that he took all structure of it away and replaced it by making man perfect. So this perfect man has things happen right in the church that God says no to.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
I agree with you, America is going downhill fast. I still can't get over how people are so de-sensitized to violence. I am a teacher and I see the things my students do to each other without a thought about whether the other person will be hurt. To be honest, it breaks my heart.

T

TaylorTG

@Tintin
Good for you!
@Maxwel
@Ugly
Some time back, I saw a news cast stating that a group of teenagers from the U.K beat up a fellow teenager from the states. Authorities believed that this group beat up that boy simply because he was a foreigner.
@Nautilus
:D :D
@Redtent
Yes!The family is the cornerstone of society. The anti-Christ attempts to desecrate the holiness of the family, then they turn to eliminating God from school, and eventually they banish God from the society.
@Toska
That's right! My experience in school was terrifyingly terrible. The school staffs around the country seem to do absolutely nothing about it!

@Erekson714
I too heard about Black Friday! Did you know that, when two woman were fighting over an item, one of them actually used a stun gun? During Black Friday last year, one person even resorted to using tear gas to get people off her back!

Yes, people can do crazy things! Lets not forget about the Sandy Hook massacre! Well, I actually would want to forget about that...

Anyway, don't worry about these things! Remember that the lord is filled with infinite justice as well as mercy. In the end, God will always win, so we shouldn't feel any pressure. Just keep calm, keep praying, and continue to be a loving person! If we're full of giving, than the others around us will feel it, and they might change too!

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
I think its easy to see the bad in this world because we know its fallen and we are pessimistic by nature....

I think we make the world out to be more fallen then what it is, to make our selves martyred... Note: I am not saying its all gum drops and rainbows, and I am not saying its other people.... I share in this myself...

But this world is less 'evil' then what we go out to condemn it too...

T

TaylorTG

@T_Laurich
I agree! Lets launch crusades!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
J.W. Hardin once shot and killed a man for snoring.........got up, saddled his horse and rode away.....

There were hundreds of men, women and children killed simply because their skin color was dark.

There were thousands of men, women, children killed simply because they were settled on land that other people wanted. They were called "redskins," "savages" and such.

Asian's were forced into what was basically "slave labor" to build our railroad system in the early years.

Irish settlers were banned from many businesses......."NO IRISH/NO DOGS" was a common sign hanging in these businesses.

Japanese Americans were herded up like cattle and forced into Internment Camps at the beginning of WWII.

Twenty two people were burned at the stake in Salem, Mass. for being witches.

...........and the list goes on and on............so, question is: Is America worse today than in it's History? Not really. It's just that YOU are alive today, and living through/witnessing these things, and that makes it seem worse. Context........it's important.......context.........and a study of History.

E

Erekson714

I agree with you, America is going downhill fast. I still can't get over how people are so de-sensitized to violence. I am a teacher and I see the things my students do to each other without a thought about whether the other person will be hurt. To be honest, it breaks my heart.
Yes when I was in high school I had 2 I wont even call them young adults, because they didn't behave like it lets call them children broke 2 computer monitors and cause my teacher soo much stress and then only 3 months later to be diagnosed with cancer, sometimes it makes your wonder what happened to these lost souls ... :/

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

Koalas are not evil! The Wiggles that I was forced to watch when my daughter would wake up in the middle of the night, are evil. I will never look at a big red car the same way ever again!

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
Yes when I was in high school I had 2 I wont even call them young adults, because they didn't behave like it lets call them children broke 2 computer monitors and cause my teacher soo much stress and then only 3 months later to be diagnosed with cancer, sometimes it makes your wonder what happened to these lost souls ... :/
I have seen students who intentionally try to make teachers mad or upset. Their goal is to either argue with the teacher or make them cry. I have seen so many teachers walk out and never come back because of the students. I shocked one of my less well-behaved classes when I mentioned that I prayed for them every day. I had never seen them so respectfully quiet.

Honestly, I just maintain order in my class and try to be a good influence on my students. I teach 9th graders, most people call me crazy for that. I know I only see them once a day but, I do try to show them respect and compassion. It is amazing how some of these kids need that because they don't get it anywhere else. I grew up in a very loving home, realizing that so many kids don't have what I had growing up was heart-breaking to me.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Did you ever speak with them and try to find out why they were acting out in such a way? Who was diagnosed with cancer? The Teacher, or the two students? Not clear on that............

143jesus

I don't think America is the only scary place..... Last few weeks a lady was chopped in India for money...... Well people turn against people in the last years..No one can rely on any one. Love and Care is just gonna be a memory.... I am thankful to God that I have such blessed family and friends. I pray everyday for the nation. That's one of the things we can do. Nice post Erekson :)

A

arb71

Angry touched on this in his first sentence. This is the fulfillment of scripture, result of sin and the fact the many have and are buying into the untruth that so long as you are a good person, there is no need for God, which further pulls people away from trying to live a life of holiness as God requires. I also believe Christians need to be more aggressive with witnessing and standing up for the Bible and what is right, including myself. The following scriptures really hit on the fulfillment: II Tim 3:1-7, II Pet 2:1-19, Luke 12:53, Rom 1:21-32, just to name a few.